Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota 70 Louisville 64

Featured Replies

For those that expect UofL basketball to be on some sort of downward spiral... ERR, fail.

 

Pitino is a great coach and will teach this team how to play great basketball while, tired, broken, beaten, cold, hungry, wet, and/or smelly.

 

I am not expecting a U.L. downward spiral at all, I can always hope though :sssh::D.

As for your Pitino statement I agree that he is a very good coach as well, one of the best. He will do his best to have them playing up to their potential. That ultimately depends on the players themselves and their attiudes/if they want to play the game or just talk the game. They just looked to me like they flat didn't care if they played or not or like they expected Minn. to lay down and quit bc they were U.L. I will say that Minnesota defense and Tubby Smith had a lot to do with that though, Minn. flat outplayed U.L. in every way today.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coach Smith keeps his teams in game with defense first, then tries to score enough points to win. Louisville moved the ball well but couldn't get into a half court set, which could consistently score.

 

Both teams are good but I believe, Louisville will get only better and make a run, toward tournament time.

Tubby was treated like crap by a big part of the fan base while at UK. He could do no right in many people's eyes. I think Tubby takes satisfaction in showing that he is a great coach, and that his Minnesota team will more than likely be ranked. It's a take that to all of the UK fans who continously blasted me.

 

I agree 100%...:thumb:

Honestly, I don't think the panic room with the panic button for the Cardinals is located in Louisville. I think there are several located throughout the state, but the "big" one is in Lexington. :lol: How weird is that? :lol:

 

 

Why would most Cats fans panic about the Cards? :confused::confused:

Why would most Cats fans panic about the Cards? :confused::confused:

 

 

I have no idea, but whenever the end of the world is predicted for the Cards, it's invariably a Cat's fan who starts it. I don't know....I'm just an observer in an absurd world. :D

I have no idea, but whenever the end of the world is predicted for the Cards, it's invariably a Cat's fan who starts it. I don't know....I'm just an observer in an absurd world. :D

 

It was a UL fan who brought "panic" into the discussion.

I have no idea, but whenever the end of the world is predicted for the Cards, it's invariably a Cat's fan who starts it. I don't know....I'm just an observer in an absurd world. :D

 

 

Yeah, but those are fans who are obviously just either trying to downplay how good Louisville is going to be, or trying to stir the pot. They hope Louisville loses every game, and certainly aren't going to panic about any time UofL loses. :lol:

Why would most Cats fans panic about the Cards? :confused::confused:

 

I thought the same thing. I am a fan of both teams and don't like it when either team loses.

UL is so undisciplined...

What a disappointment they'll be this season.

 

I just don't see where the leadership is going to come from this year.

 

Yikes. How far does UL fall in the rankings?

 

It was a UL fan who brought "panic" into the discussion.

 

 

Ram2003 only said he WASN'T panicing.

 

The downward spiral is being predicted by others..not UL fans.

Love it.

Congrats to Tubby and the Golden Gophers.

In two years with a roster devoid of talent he has taken Minnesota to another level.

 

UL looked like a roster full of athletic ability and talent and no heart or desire to do the things that it takes to be a good team.

Sports stated they're undisciplined. With all of the talent that is on the roster, that appears to be a legitimate argument, although I haven't seen UL play enough to form my own opinion. Original Rookie's question is similar in nature & also a legitimate question. You cannot deny the fact that Louisville is one of the most talented teams in the nation and has the potential to beat anybody in the country.

 

Stating that Louisville is going to drop in the rankings is not suggesting that the Cards are headed for a downward spiral. They've had a rough stretch and, undoubtedly, they will fall in the rankings. I do not think that they'll fall as far as some are predicting, as I think this game says more about Minnesota than it does Louisville.

Love it.

Congrats to Tubby and the Golden Gophers.

In two years with a roster devoid of talent he has taken Minnesota to another level.

 

UL looked like a roster full of athletic ability and talent and no heart or desire to do the things that it takes to be a good team.

 

There is no doubt that Minnesota is a better program because of Tubby Smith, and will continue to improve during his stay; however, it's not saying an awful lot to say that he has taken them to another level.

 

Minnesota basketball was a disaster when Tubby arrived, and he has done a good job of winning basketball games this year; however, other than today, Minnesota has not played any quality teams. An argument could be made for Virginia, but they're the only other school that has any potential - and they will most likely be competiting in the NIT.

 

I'm interested to see how the Golden Gophers do in the Big 10. I think they'll do just fine, and I hope to see Minn. make the tournament this year.

Didn't get to watch this one. Probably a good thing. :lol: If I had to guess, I'd say we missed a bunch of free throws and got out-rebounded...

Love it.

Congrats to Tubby and the Golden Gophers.

In two years with a roster devoid of talent he has taken Minnesota to another level.

 

UL looked like a roster full of athletic ability and talent and no heart or desire to do the things that it takes to be a good team.

 

Tubby has taken every program he has ever coached to another level. He is a "good" coach. He makes bad programs good and great programs good!!

UL will be fine. These boys just need to learn how to play 100% all the time, and they need to mature some.

 

:thumb: I agree 100%. They probably should have lost Thursday night, because after the first 12 minutes or so, they looked lethargic and unmotivated. If they can ever put together a solid 40-minute performance, everything will fall into place.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.