December 20, 200817 yr Sports stated they're undisciplined. With all of the talent that is on the roster, that appears to be a legitimate argument, although I haven't seen UL play enough to form my own opinion. Original Rookie's question is similar in nature & also a legitimate question. You cannot deny the fact that Louisville is one of the most talented teams in the nation and has the potential to beat anybody in the country. Stating that Louisville is going to drop in the rankings is not suggesting that the Cards are headed for a downward spiral. They've had a rough stretch and, undoubtedly, they will fall in the rankings. I do not think that they'll fall as far as some are predicting, as I think this game says more about Minnesota than it does Louisville. :thumb: Nice post.
December 20, 200817 yr Tubby has taken every program he has ever coached to another level. He is a "good" coach. He makes bad programs good and great programs good!! Rick Pitino would disagree with you. Called Tubby the best hire that he ever made. That would be over Billy D, Herb Sendek and any of his other assistant coaches.
December 20, 200817 yr Tubby's fourth straight win over a Pitino-coached team. At some point, people will begin to realize that Tubby is a great coach who wins the games he is supposed to win and wins other games when his teams are badly out manned. Did Louisville ever lead in this game?
December 20, 200817 yr Dumbledorf for Minnesota sure can shoot. Don't remember his exact name but it is something like that.:sssh:
December 20, 200817 yr Rick Pitino would disagree with you. Called Tubby the best hire that he ever made. That would be over Billy D, Herb Sendek and any of his other assistant coaches. Look I like Tubby and I think he got the shaft by lots of UK fans. I also see the lack of talent at UK this year in the junior and senior classes and it ticks me off. About Pitino's statements, he always makes comments that pertain to the situation. He said Tubby leaving would set UK back 10 years. He said about Gillispie last year, he is doing the things it takes to get UK back, give him a chance. Pitino has said that watching Donovan win the championship was more rewarding than winning one himself. Pitino is a masterful communicator, but if you give him long enough, he will always contradict himself!!! I am glad for Tubby. He looks happier than he was the last 5 years at UK and that is an important part. I hope he wins them all except if they play UK.
December 20, 200817 yr Coach Smith keeps his teams in game with defense first, then tries to score enough points to win. Louisville moved the ball well but couldn't get into a half court set, which could consistently score. Both teams are good but I believe, Louisville will get only better and make a run, toward tournament time. :thumb::thumb:
December 20, 200817 yr Tubby was treated like crap by a big part of the fan base while at UK. He could do no right in many people's eyes. I think Tubby takes satisfaction in showing that he is a great coach, and that his Minnesota team will more than likely be ranked. It's a take that to all of the UK fans who continously blasted me. Absolutely. :thumb:
December 20, 200817 yr Yeah, but those are fans who are obviously just either trying to downplay how good Louisville is going to be, or trying to stir the pot. They hope Louisville loses every game, and certainly aren't going to panic about any time UofL loses. :lol: Tubby was treated like crap by a big part of the fan base while at UK. He could do no right in many people's eyes. I think Tubby takes satisfaction in showing that he is a great coach, and that his Minnesota team will more than likely be ranked. It's a take that to all of the UK fans who continously blasted me. :laugh::laugh::laugh: This website doesnt have those kinds of fans does it?
December 20, 200817 yr You think Tubby gets satisfaction seeing the kids that he recruited not do as well as he had planned? Tubby has too much class for that. He was and is obviously a great coach........I can't understand how anyone could root against Tubby.
December 20, 200817 yr UL is clearly an overrated team. They looked very sluggish today. Could be dangerous come March but a long way to go.
December 20, 200817 yr Tubby does a fine job and is in a better situation now. UofL just didnt come to play today but I have no doubt will be fine when it counts. Overall this was a boring game to watch but thats how I would think Tubby wanted it. Congrats to the Tubby fans on here. However I still blame Tubby for UK not scoring 100 points today. :lol:
December 21, 200817 yr Didn't get to watch this one. Probably a good thing. :lol: If I had to guess, I'd say we missed a bunch of free throws and got out-rebounded... 20-33 from the charity stripe and Rebounds were even.
December 21, 200817 yr UL is clearly an overrated team. They looked very sluggish today. Could be dangerous come March but a long way to go. :thumb:
December 21, 200817 yr Tubby does a fine job and is in a better situation now. UofL just didnt come to play today but I have no doubt will be fine when it counts. Overall this was a boring game to watch but thats how I would think Tubby wanted it. Congrats to the Tubby fans on here. However I still blame Tubby for UK not scoring 100 points today. :lol: :thumb:
December 21, 200817 yr Tubby was treated like crap by a big part of the fan base while at UK. He could do no right in many people's eyes. I think Tubby takes satisfaction in showing that he is a great coach, and that his Minnesota team will more than likely be ranked. It's a take that to all of the UK fans who continously blasted me. He is a very very good coach. Glad to see him do well. It was time to move on...he had gotten stale and was not working as hard on the recruiting trail and the program dipped. Minnesota has recharged his batteries and he is making progress.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.