Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Minnesota 70 Louisville 64

Featured Replies

Congrats to Tubby on another win over Louisville

 

 

He's now 5-7 against Rick Pitino, although that isn't a winning record there are not many coaches who can claim that kind of a record against Pitino. It is 5-2 since leaving Georgia.

  • Replies 133
  • Views 12.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's now 5-7 against Rick Pitino, although that isn't a winning record there are not many coaches who can claim that kind of a record against Pitino. It is 5-2 since leaving Georgia.

 

 

Isn't Tubby still the only one of Pitino's former assistants to beat him?

I agree. UofL went thru some tough times last year, but come tournament time they were one of the best teams in the country. I expect this year to be the same.

 

I just don't see where the leadership is going to come from this year.

I believe I said Tubby and co. would edge out a 6 point win the prediction thread..

 

Tubby is a great coach, and today showed it. If people continue to doubt him and what he is doing/has done for Minnesota basketball, then that's insane..

Yikes. How far does UL fall in the rankings?

Yikes. How far does UL fall in the rankings?

 

I'd say they will go from 9th to around 16th-18th..

 

Minnesota deserves to be ranked..

Tubby was treated like crap by a big part of the fan base while at UK. He could do no right in many people's eyes. I think Tubby takes satisfaction in showing that he is a great coach, and that his Minnesota team will more than likely be ranked. It's a take that to all of the UK fans who continously blasted me.

 

Are we seriously not done with these types of posts yet?

Isn't Tubby still the only one of Pitino's former assistants to beat him?

 

I believe that is correct.

Are we seriously not done with these types of posts yet?

 

Those posts will be done when the bashing of Tubby is done, I'm sure..

I'd say they will go from 9th to around 16th-18th..

 

Minnesota deserves to be ranked..

 

I think they fall more than that. 5-2 Memphis is 23rd with both losses to top 15 teams.

:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa Way to go Gophers!!! :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa

 

Congrats to Tubby Smith....He still outcoaches Pitino :ylsuper::ylsuper:

 

U.L. had the better talent, no doubt about it. They imo played "lazy", with no desire or hustle and undiciplined.

Minnesota was a true Tubby coached basketball team, they played his "lock down defense", ran their sets on offense with patience and dicipline. Minnesota players, admin and fans believe in his system and it clearly shows.

I think they fall more than that. 5-2 Memphis is 23rd with both losses to top 15 teams.

 

Memphis was ranked 12th weren't they?

For those that expect UofL basketball to be on some sort of downward spiral... ERR, fail.

 

Is it tournament time yet? Is it even conference play, yet?

 

Does that mean it's not time to care, yet? No. But it's far from time to push the panic putton.

 

Heck, I don't think it's time to enter the panic room in which the panic button is.

 

In fact, I'm across town from the house in which the panic room that holds said panic button is.

 

Pitino is a great coach and will teach this team how to play great basketball while, tired, broken, beaten, cold, hungry, wet, and/or smelly.

Are we seriously not done with these types of posts yet?

 

 

You read it, so what do you think?

For those that expect UofL basketball to be on some sort of downward spiral... ERR, fail.

 

Is it tournament time yet? Is it even conference play, yet?

 

Does that mean it's not time to care, yet? No. But it's far from time to push the panic putton.

 

Heck, I don't think it's time to enter the panic room in which the panic button is.

 

In fact, I'm across town from the house in which the panic room that holds said panic button is.

 

Pitino is a great coach and will teach this team how to play great basketball while, tired, broken, beaten, cold, hungry, wet, and/or smelly.

 

 

Honestly, I don't think the panic room with the panic button for the Cardinals is located in Louisville. I think there are several located throughout the state, but the "big" one is in Lexington. :lol: How weird is that? :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.