Bryan Station 2008-09

Since I've moved to Lexington, I've went to a couple of Bryan Station games per year. I haven't seen them play this year, but I saw them play vs. Mason County (@ Tates Creek) and in the District Final (@ Bryan Station) vs. Scott Co. last year.

How are this and last year's team different? I know Morones and Ashford are a solid guard tandem. What are some other observations about the team? Who else has stepped up? Are the transfer rumblings true? If so, how does he fit in with their team so far, etc.?

Checking some scores right now, it's hard to argue against them being tops the state; not that being #1 in December means much.

I'm going to the Defenders of the Station Tourney here soon, I'll have some reports then. They sound like they're pretty solid.

I heard that the 6'11" transfer isn't a game changer, but he is very serviceable.

Where did he transfer from?

I'm going to the Defenders of the Station Tourney here soon, I'll have some reports then. They sound like they're pretty solid.

I heard that the 6'11" transfer isn't a game changer, but he is very serviceable.

Bryan Station would have been really good if the Beckham boys had stayed at Bryan Station rather than go to LexCath. Which they did get the 6-11 kid. But ALMOST every top notch team in the state this year has transfers.

The 6'11" kid, I believe Adams is his name, gives them a presence inside for defense and rebounding they wouldn't have otherwise. He will probably get stronger and better by next year. The tandem of Morones and Ashford is better than good...they can be sensational.

The transfer is not 6'11" as advertised, but is within about three inches of that.

Bryan Station does a nice job coaching and showcasing their talent and when this is the case (i.e. Scott County). Parents and players will find this type of opportunity and flock to this type of program.

My hats of to Champ Ligon who has risen from the ashes after Bryan Station's administration attempting to pull the boner of all-time in the summer of 2007. Nice job, coach!

Edited by STRIKE3
edit Rule #4 content

Do they still play a similar game defensively? - Intense full court pressure used to be an understatement for their D. The group with Tino, Jaron Jones, Demus, et al., had one of the best two full court pressure systems I'd seen at the KY HS level; the other one being the 2002 Lexington Catholic squad (who also had an equally impressive offense).

It seems as though it'd be difficult to execute certain aspects of their press unless Adams' defensive skill-set is more developed than most kids at his age who've grown to his size already. How would you describe his build?

Also, who are the starters and key players besides those mentioned.

Is #13 (Burnett?) back this year? I know Combs and Mack graduated, but couldn't remember whether he had as well.

He was quite an enforcer and defensive presence. He seemed to be one of the under-rated players in the 11th last year because he wasn't as much of a scoring threat as the elite, but I'd take him on a team any day. His toughness and versatility were crucial to their success.