Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 5A: Highlands 35 Christian County 15

Featured Replies

Does anyone who was at the game recall the number of the CC player who was called for the personal foul late in the game when he slammed Crawford to the ground? 13 maybe?

 

I thought it was #80.

  • Replies 167
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought it was #80.

 

Nope it was #13.

 

CC's uniforms looked alot like the NY Giants. When they took #21 off the field it resembled Tiki Barber. I hope that young man is ok, looked like an ankle injury.

And lets not forget the the next super QB Wil Bardo Lets get started today!

 

Nice job to all the O-Line it doesn't matter how good the backs and qb's are but with out the line forget it!!

Who was the MVP? I have heard both Guidugli and Laber mentioned... who got it?

 

Way to go 'Birds!

A big "job well done" to all of our seniors:

 

#12 Alex Homer

#15 Tony Guidugli

#17 Ted Abner

#18 Jake Turner

#23 Josh Conner

#27 Clint Crawford

#42 Oliver Head

#46 Blake Newman

#56 Jarred Frank

#58 Michael Laber

#61 Peter Bardgett

#63 Adam Dempsey

#65 Nick Martin

#74 Tyler Miller

#75 Kody Rosenhagen

 

Thanks for the great memories guys! :thumb:

And lets not forget the the next super QB Wil Bardo Lets get started today!

 

Nice job to all the O-Line it doesn't matter how good the backs and qb's are but with out the line forget it!!

He wasn't picked but Oliver Head was MVP in my book. He came into this game looking like he had something to prove. After watching his play tonight against a very good Christian Cty. team should have earned him some type of Scholarship. He played that good and with intensity very few have displayed this year. Kind of reminded me of a former Bird in Mike Mitchell. Of course IMO. Congrats Birds on #18.

The Birds will be ready for next year. It was a fun year and they should enjoy tonight but I know these guys they will be at it again next week working for #19. I already can not wait, :cool:

Just wanted to say publicly how proud I am of Jarred Frank and the way he manned the middle of the defense tonight. Standing up three offensive linemen is no easy easy task and he did it all night long. That and he had quite a few tackles. Great job. I am so proud of all the Birds tonight.

To the bluebird fans congrats. Another question, CC didn't get a lot of respect coming in IMO from people throughout the state. I know the final score looks more lopsided than it was, but where do you rank CC on teams you have played this year. Are they the best team you played in the playoffs?

HHS might have had 40 yrds in penalties, nothing crazy but seemed odd they only had one flag and the crowd had to call it. Obvious illegal procedure and the refs werent going to call it until the crowd gasped and they then threw it.

 

CC had 2 penalties for 20 yards

 

HHS had 4 for 25 yards.

 

Perception is a funny thing. :lol:

If you were at the game you would have seen that Christian County hardly had any "wind taken out of their sails". They played tough well into the fourth quarter. The catch may have been good, or not; but it was a non-factor.

 

 

I do think it was a bit of a momentum changer, but I agree that Highlands would've found a way to win either way. I think it would've been a factor in the score being closer... But nothing more.

To the bluebird fans congrats. Another question, CC didn't get a lot of respect coming in IMO from people throughout the state. I know the final score looks more lopsided than it was, but where do you rank CC on teams you have played this year. Are they the best team you played in the playoffs?

 

No....Johnson Central was the best team in my opinion...:thumb: If they could of defended the pass a little better they could of been here instead of the Birds..

Congratulations to the Bluebirds! :dancingpa Two down and two to go!:dancingpa

No speculation to it. I watched it.

 

I'm actually stunned we're having this debate. Its almost like you have a defense mechanism in place.

 

We're really debating that a last-second TD off of a mad scramble gave one team momentum and took it away from the other - the other who would have been leading at half? Really?

 

Would it make you feel better if it wasn't just me saying it? How about Coach Mueller? Birds players? THe word "momentum" was mentioned about 28 times in the paper this morning.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.