Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 5A: Highlands 35 Christian County 15

Featured Replies

Pure speculation on your part.
No speculation to it. I watched it.
  • Replies 167
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to say they kicked off with around :33. I can't remember exactly though.

 

6 seconds were left on the clock. Remember time expired on the kick-off return, penalty on HHS, then a untimed down to end the half.

Does anyone who was at the game recall the number of the CC player who was called for the personal foul late in the game when he slammed Crawford to the ground? 13 maybe?

6 seconds were left on the clock. Remember time expired on the kick-off return, penalty on HHS, then a untimed down to end the half.

 

That's right. My bad...

So HHS probably would have still gone into the half up, just 10 to 9 as opposed to 15 to 9. Still stopped any momentum CC had going after their field goal IMO. Congrats to the Birds on number 18 and to CC on a great season and championship game.

Congratulations HHS on #19.

 

HHS and CC both played with a lot of heart, energy, and intensity through out the game.

 

HHS kept their composure when things went wrong. They never seemed to get rattled. They kept plugging away and wore down the Colonels in the second half. A couple of nice defensive stands following the turn overs were critical to the victory.

CC just not enough talent to keep up.

 

 

I was very impressed with #10, Bauer?, from CC. Tonight, I thought he was the best football player on the field. Man he created some plays when his team needed them, well most of the time.

 

 

I am not talking about potential for college or anything like that just how he was on the field in the biggest football game of his career.

Just got back and I have to say that was a very exciting game to watch. Hats off to the Birds for persevering and never giving up. Also congrats to Christian Co as they were very impressive and might have the best QB we have faced this season. That kid scrambled well and threw a nice ball.

 

IMO the turnovers were simply forgotten mostly due to the confidence we had in the Defense. They spent 85% of the time on the field in the first half and did a tremendous job of minimizing the damage and holding strong. Standouts on Defense included Senior leaders Laber, Dempsey, Head, Rosenhagen and Josh Conner. Numerous times they made big plays and lets not forget Jake Turner with the knocked down pass late in the game on 4th down. He doesnt get his paw on that and its first down CC and they had momentum. Jake also recovered a big fumble on CC's next series. I didnt catch who made the big hit to jar that loose but it was big. 2nd half it seemed Laber was all over the field and Dempsey's two big sacks on that one drive were beautiful. He is a major HOSS.

 

Guidugli really stepped up and I think his confidence was gained with 55 ticks on the clock in the 1st half. He hit a streaking Austin Collinsworth for 47 yrds to get to the 13. On the next play he scrambled right and then came all the way across the field to hit a wide open Daniel Gold. Taking that into halftime seemed to transcend into the 2nd half as he played like a man. Engineering drives, making some awesome runs for big gains was truly amazing to watch. That touchdown scamper of around 50 yrds was unreal. He stiff armed a kid chasing him from behind. That was after the threw the pick too so just a great leader who stayed focused and got the job done. Kudos to the offensive line for opening up some gaping holes in the 2nd half for Crawford and Conner. They were taking big chunks of yardage. Once the Birds got up 14 with 7 minutes left I knew the dagger was being driven.

 

CC never quit though as they have a nice offense capabilities to convert first downs but not really a big play capability. I think alot of that had to do with the bend but dont break defense the Birds brought. Several times Bauer QB made nice throws to open recievers who looked to break loose only to be caught by Collinsworth, Conner, Head, Bardo, etc. This was a sweet victory and one that they will be able to savor for a long time. I am glad I went down and got to sit with all the great Highlands fans.

 

Congrats to you Seniors in getting your 2nd ring in as many years. You Juniors and Sophomores hit the weight room as soon as possible because we want a 3peat. Underclassmen learn the system as quick as possible and lets start reloading. Great Year Birds.

So HHS probably would have still gone into the half up, just 10 to 9 as opposed to 15 to 9. Still stopped any momentum CC had going after their field goal IMO. Congrats to the Birds on number 18 and to CC on a great season and championship game.

 

While Cody is a great kicker a field goal is not guaranteed, especially with the narrower goal post. That play was at least a 5 point play, maybe 8 points if the field goal is missed.

Does anyone who was at the game recall the number of the CC player who was called for the personal foul late in the game when he slammed Crawford to the ground? 13 maybe?

 

It was definitely #13. How ironic that Brigit Devries (sp) later awarded that same player with the sportsmanship award. She must still love the Birds...

By the way, Kudos to Blake Newman on a great defensive effort all night long! I don't know how many times I heard his name over the PA speakers. Seemed like He was everywhere!

One other tidbit stat that I would like to point out other than the Time of Possession clearly belonging to CC was the penalties. I think if you take away that Personal Foul on CC they only called one penalty on the Colonels. It was a 5 yrd illegal procedure midway through the 3rd qtr.

 

Overall a mistake free for the most part game but to only throw one flag on them seemed a bit obvious.

One other tidbit stat that I would like to point out other than the Time of Possession clearly belonging to CC was the penalties. I think if you take away that Personal Foul on CC they only called one penalty on the Colonels. It was a 5 yrd illegal procedure midway through the 3rd qtr.

 

Overall a mistake free for the most part game but to only throw one flag on them seemed a bit obvious.

 

To what?

 

Just curious, how many flags were on HHS?

To what?

 

Just curious, how many flags were on HHS?

 

HHS might have had 40 yrds in penalties, nothing crazy but seemed odd they only had one flag and the crowd had to call it. Obvious illegal procedure and the refs werent going to call it until the crowd gasped and they then threw it.

By the way, Kudos to Blake Newman on a great defensive effort all night long! I don't know how many times I heard his name over the PA speakers. Seemed like He was everywhere![/quote:thumb:

I think Micheal Labor played the game of his life, he was all over the field making plays!!!

HHS might have had 40 yrds in penalties, nothing crazy but seemed odd they only had one flag and the crowd had to call it. Obvious illegal procedure and the refs werent going to call it until the crowd gasped and they then threw it.

 

The line judge on CC's side threw the flag and blew the whistle immediately. I was right behind him.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.