Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 5A: Highlands 35 Christian County 15

Featured Replies

and also yours

 

Absolutely.

 

Its also speculation on Dale's part as well, correct?

  • Replies 167
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to the disputed Highlands touchdown pass to Gold (#16), I was no further than 5 feet from Gold when he caught the ball. It was a clean catch and he caught it in the end zone. The ref was right on top of the play.

 

HE was in the end zone. That's not the question.

Here is Gold's TD Catch. He is clearly across the line and has the ball. Can't see from the picture what happened a frame or two before, but it looked good to me.

 

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=AB&Date=20081212&Category=SPT030201&ArtNo=812120810&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=7

 

All the picture tells us is AT ONE MOMENT he had the ball and it was across the goal line.

 

What it doesn't tell us is a)did he actually catch it as some have questioned and b)when he was down was the ball across the line.

 

Before HHS fans get all wadded up, let me say this: hands down they are the best team and will be again next year. However, its one game and one play CAN change things. That's all I'm saying.

All the picture tells us is AT ONE MOMENT he had the ball and it was across the goal line.

 

What it doesn't tell us is a)did he actually catch it as some have questioned and b)when he was down was the ball across the line.

 

Before HHS fans get all wadded up, let me say this: hands down they are the best team and will be again next year. However, its one game and one play CAN change things. That's all I'm saying.

 

 

And if you can deduce anything more from what I said you are clairvoyant.

 

The last line of my post was from my visual perspective at the game, not the picture.

Congratulations to Highlands. It seems like every week I read that the other team is bigger, fast, stronger and plays well. While Highlands seems to play sloppy, has problems, and in some cases, gets lucky. I guess it's fortunate for Highlands that the game is decided by points on the scoreboard.

Congratulations to Highlands. It seems like every week I read that the other team is bigger, fast, stronger and plays well. While Highlands seems to play sloppy, has problems, and in some cases, gets lucky. I guess it's fortunate for Highlands that the game is decided by points on the scoreboard.

 

HHS just wins baby

And if you can deduce anything more from what I said you are clairvoyant.

 

The last line of my post was from my visual perspective at the game, not the picture.

 

I'm not the one trying to deduce anything from a snapshot. All I'm saying is that in real time watching the replay I'm not sure the ball crossed the goal line when he caught it.

I'm actually stunned we're having this debate. Its almost like you have a defense mechanism in place.

 

We're really debating that a last-second TD off of a mad scramble gave one team momentum and took it away from the other - the other who would have been leading at half? Really?

Would it make you feel better if it wasn't just me saying it? How about Coach Mueller? Birds players? THe word "momentum" was mentioned about 28 times in the paper this morning.

 

But you keep insisting they would have had the lead at half which is a real stretch, given the field position and Kody's ability. Or Dales penchant to go for it again.

A big "job well done" to all of our seniors:

 

#12 Alex Homer

#15 Tony Guidugli

#17 Ted Abner

#18 Jake Turner

#23 Josh Conner

#27 Clint Crawford

#42 Oliver Head

#46 Blake Newman

#56 Jarred Frank

#58 Michael Laber

#61 Peter Bardgett

#63 Adam Dempsey

#65 Nick Martin

#74 Tyler Miller

#75 Kody Rosenhagen

 

Thanks for the great memories guys! :thumb:

 

All excellent contributors the entire season. :thumb:

Congrats Christian County on a fine season and a hard fought finals. Congrats HHS on a fine season and # 18. Seniors, enjoy the moment as it is once in a lifetime. Seniors, I have watched most of you play since you were in 3rd grade. It has been an honor and a privilige to watch your careers arrive at the pinnacle of High School sports. Thank you. You guys are awesome! thumb:

To the bluebird fans congrats. Another question, CC didn't get a lot of respect coming in IMO from people throughout the state. I know the final score looks more lopsided than it was, but where do you rank CC on teams you have played this year. Are they the best team you played in the playoffs?

 

I personally thought that Christian Co was the best team I saw this year. I really liked the playmaking abilities of their QB and their line seemed huge and gave him enough time to make some big plays. Their recievers were all very good and came back for the ball nicely. I didnt see the Bryan Station game and I know I have heard that BS had the athletes to beat the birds but they lacked coaching and discipline on that last drive. Its hard to say but I will say many of the folks on here including myself who did not see CC play until last night and were not giving them much of a chance certainly have a different stance now. I would take that team any day against Johnson Central. That QB Bauer would throw 5 TD passes vs. Johnson Central. Luckily the Birds Defense did a great job of building a fence around their receivers and not giving up the big play. JMO obviously.

I haven't heard much acclaim for the Bird# 18. Not trophies.., but linebacker Jake Turner. He had a monster game last night.. Way to go Jake:thumb:

Who was the MVP? I have heard both Guidugli and Laber mentioned... who got it?

 

Way to go 'Birds!

 

Tony was MVP

 

Laber received Star of the Game award

 

Great job by everyone

 

 

CONGRATULATIONS ON #18!

BACK TO BACK STATE CHAMPIONS

WAY TO GO BIRDS!:banana:

I haven't heard much acclaim for the Bird# 18. Not trophies.., but linebacker Jake Turner. He had a monster game last night.. Way to go Jake:thumb:

 

I gave him props in my earlier post. He made some nice tackles on the outside and that "bat down" was turning point in the game. Not to mention him falling on the fumble late. Glad to see him go out with another ring and be part of a fantastic defense.

Good job Birds! Dale really knows what he is doing.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.