Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Class 5A: Highlands 35 Christian County 15

Featured Replies

Labor was fantastic and the kickoff return by Head after CC first touchdown is one for the highlight reel. He would have been a 1200-1400 yard rusher for MANY teams in the state this year.

  • Replies 167
  • Views 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With regard to the disputed Highlands touchdown pass to Gold (#16), I was no further than 5 feet from Gold when he caught the ball. It was a clean catch and he caught it in the end zone. The ref was right on top of the play.

HHS might have had 40 yrds in penalties, nothing crazy but seemed odd they only had one flag and the crowd had to call it. Obvious illegal procedure and the refs werent going to call it until the crowd gasped and they then threw it.

 

Overall, it was just a well played game by 2 good teams that are well coached. That is why there were so few flags.

With regard to the disputed Highlands touchdown pass to Gold (#16), I was no further than 5 feet from Gold when he caught the ball. It was a clean catch and he caught it in the end zone. The ref was right on top of the play.

 

Did you see the replay on the scoreboard? It sure looked like it hit the ground. The official in his defense had a tough angle because Gold's back blocked his view.

I saw only 1 instance that could have been called but was not. Conner ripped off a big gainer and looked as if his head might get torn off on the tackle. On replay it looked as if it could have been a facemask and would have been a 15 yarder had it been called.

With regard to the disputed Highlands touchdown pass to Gold (#16), I was no further than 5 feet from Gold when he caught the ball. It was a clean catch and he caught it in the end zone. The ref was right on top of the play.

 

I was sitting up top with several HHS fans and we all agreed after seeing several replays that the ball hit the ground.

Here are two more opinions about the disputed catch. Per C-J Blog:

 

Jody Demling: TD was a bad call. The ball clearly hit the ground on the replay. Highlands gets lucky with that one

 

Jason Frakes: Yep, clearly hit the ground.

I saw only 1 instance that could have been called but was not. Conner ripped off a big gainer and looked as if his head might get torn off on the tackle. On replay it looked as if it could have been a facemask and would have been a 15 yarder had it been called.

 

I did not see that but someone next to me pointed it out.

 

One I thought was missed was what looked like a big time hold on the HHS td just before half. But, oh well, that's football.

By the way, Kudos to Blake Newman on a great defensive effort all night long! I don't know how many times I heard his name over the PA speakers. Seemed like He was everywhere![/quote:thumb:

I think Micheal Labor played the game of his life, he was all over the field making plays!!!

 

You are most certainly right, Newman was in on a ton of plays and brought the wood several times.

Congrats BIRDS!!! Enjoy tonight!!! Start preparing for 2009 tomorrow!!!

Here is Gold's TD Catch. He is clearly across the line and has the ball. Can't see from the picture what happened a frame or two before, but it looked good to me.

 

http://news.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=AB&Date=20081212&Category=SPT030201&ArtNo=812120810&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=7

 

 

I thought he was across the goal line. I also, think it hit the ground.

I was on the field and it hit the ground.

Overall, it was just a well played game by 2 good teams that are well coached. That is why there were so few flags.

 

I will agree with you on that. I thought outside of the kid slamming Crawford down late in the game it was very well played. I think that kid was frustrated but he could have caused a major injury to Crawford and I am glad they threw the flag.

I will agree with you on that. I thought outside of the kid slamming Crawford down late in the game it was very well played. I think that kid was frustrated but he could have caused a major injury to Crawford and I am glad they threw the flag.

 

 

I must have been on my way to the parking lot and missed it. That is a shame and like you said probably just frustration.

 

I thought that kid, #13, played great and had some big hits.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.