All State Teams Announced

Rocks8010

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You can argue forever about whether Austin was the best WR and never get anywhere. That isn't the right question. He was easily one of the best players in the state the past two years. This year he excelled at offense, defense & special teams. On special teams he was as valuable on coverage as he was returning the ball where he also dominated. For those I have spoken with that saw a lot of teams play this year and saw Austin play most agree he was a slam dunk to be all state and it had nothing to do with his name.

The question is did they chose the right spot on the all-state ballot.

We'll simply agree to disagree on this point. He gets lots of extra looks, exposure, and recognition because of his name, IMO. But also because he is a very fine player, absolutely no doubt about that whatsoever.

Let's end this part..........you can argue all you want about stats, name, team affiliation etc. in the end it doesn't matter. You spend all this time arguing stats of a receiver, what basis is there for an O lineman, a D-back ? I'm sure we can dig up the # of "pancacke" blocks or interceptions but is that the only measure ! C'mon, All-State teams are an opinion of a small group using whatever criteria THEY use. But it's silly to argue the point of Collinsworth.......if you know anything about football (much less see him play in person), it is obvious that he is worthy of any All-state team I don't care if he played on a first year team from eastern Ky with the last name of Smith. Period.

Let's end this part..........you can argue all you want about stats, name, team affiliation etc. in the end it doesn't matter. You spend all this time arguing stats of a receiver, what basis is there for an O lineman, a D-back ? I'm sure we can dig up the # of "pancacke" blocks or interceptions but is that the only measure ! C'mon, All-State teams are an opinion of a small group using whatever criteria THEY use. But it's silly to argue the point of Collinsworth.......if you know anything about football (much less see him play in person), it is obvious that he is worthy of any All-state team I don't care if he played on a first year team from eastern Ky with the last name of Smith. Period.

Gee, I guess the case is decided then. You know without a doubt he's the best and no argument to the contrary is acceptable. Got it. :rolleyes:

I think most reporters/newspapers would be happy to not bother with all the year-end voting.

You'd obviously know that better than I do. I can imagine if the job is done correctly, it wuld take a lot of time away from a writer's other responsibilities.