Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

All State Teams Announced

Featured Replies

Congratulations to all of the student athletes that made this years team. Good luck following your dreams. However upon further review, I was surprised that Tim Phillips did not make 1st or 2nd team. The kid is a National Power Lifting Champion, 3 year starter, all time Trinity rushing leader, competing for his 3rd straight State Championship as a starter and will sign a D1 scholarship with Central Michigan. I know I am new to this board but what am I missing here?:confused:

  • Replies 154
  • Views 13k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I am new to this board but what am I missing here?:confused:

It's the AP team. There will be 3-4 more of these come out and others will have gripes about them as well.

Congratulations to all of the student athletes that made this years team. Good luck following your dreams. However upon further review, I was surprised that Tim Phillips did not make 1st or 2nd team. The kid is a National Power Lifting Champion, 3 year starter, all time Trinity rushing leader, competing for his 3rd straight State Championship as a starter and will sign a D1 scholarship with Central Michigan. I know I am new to this board but what am I missing here?:confused:

 

From what I hear about Timmy, he wouldn't care.

I can't understand North Bullitt's Dalton Cissell being listed at 1st Team defensive back?? He was the only other running back (besides Finch)to get votes for Mr. Football. Is it a typo? I ask because the 1st team had 2 RB's listed and 5 DB's while the 2nd team had 3 RB's and 4 DB's.

Cannot believe that Ryan Wiliamas of GRC did not even make honorable mention....:rolleyes: Mid way throught the season he was the leading rusher in the state and then got hurt in the Henry Clay game.

 

Here is some stats and info on Ryan:

 

Williams named top player in district

 

George Rogers Clark senior Ryan Williams was named player of the year as voted on by the coaches in the Kentucky Football Coaches Association.

Williams will receive the award during the Class 6A state finals this weekend in Louisville.

Williams finished the season with 2,003 yards rushing, shattering the school’s single-season mark set by former Clark standout Eric Clay. Clay collected 1,815 yards in 15 games during the Cards’ state championship run in 1991.

“He had an outstanding year,” Clark coach Paul Columbia said.

Williams is being recruited by Eastern and Western Kentucky and will likely pay a visit to Western in January

I've probably seen less football across the state this year than in any of the past 10 years. However, I keep up with players through reading and hearsay as much as anybody. But because I haven't "eye-witnessed" as much I feel a little funny asking this question.

 

Am I the only one who thinks the AP all-state list gets worse and worse every year?

I am not a fan of Calloway County, but I did get to see them play on streaming video. They have a player named Tyrrell Willis that did everything for them but drive the bus. He ran, caught, threw, tackled, and kicked. Their program lists him at 6'3" 235, junior. I saw quite a few games this year in different classes and he was one of the most impressive players. I hope he lands on someones list to get some post season recognition.

There are approx.4900 Off and Def starters in the state. To think all will make it that are deserving is not going to happen. The ones who made it are deserving and congratulations to them.

Hard to believe that Ichiro Chiba, senior LB at Oldham County, didn't even make Honorable Mention. First team All-District three consecutive seasons...

Congrats to all. Good job fellas.:thumb:

Congratulations to Robby Logan from Raceland on his 2nd team DL recognition.:thumb:

Miles Simpson (Simon Kenton) deserved a notch higher. Plays both ways. Team in state championship. Just thinking out loud.

RB — VaShun Banks, Christian Co.

RB — Tevin Barksdale, Bowling Green

 

What kind of years did these guys have?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.