Breathitt Co. 14 Belfry 12

EKUAlum05

Congratulations to Breathitt County. They came to play and did a fantastic job. Belfry moved the ball well at times, but they had to earn every yard. They were horrible inside the red zone, killing themselves with turnovers. Fugate is a stud on both sides of the ball, a lot of fun to watch. The decision to go for 1 instead of 2 for Belfry never came into play. Belfry had their opportunities but just couldn't get it done. Give Breathitt County all the credit for that.

Good luck Bobcats next week against Central. :thumb:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations to Breathitt County. They came to play and did a fantastic job. Belfry moved the ball well at times, but they had to earn every yard. They were horrible inside the red zone, killing themselves with turnovers. Fugate is a stud on both sides of the ball, a lot of fun to watch. The decision to go for 1 instead of 2 for Belfry never came into play. Belfry had their opportunities but just couldn't get it done. Give Breathitt County all the credit for that.

Good luck Bobcats next week against Central. :thumb:

That blocked punt would have tied it up....

Belfry had/has some kids that run hard in BIG games that is HARD HITTING.....and some that don't/didn't.....I think some Pirate fans without Red Colored glasses have seen this all year.

Fugate is a stud and if I am his parents, he is at The H.I.T. Camp as much as possible in the off-season.

Congrats Breathitt and bring home a Title!

My hat goes off to the Bobcats! Breathitt came into the CAM fired up and never left the emotion go away.

Good luck next week in Louisville!

To my Pirates I still love ya. Keep your heads up you had a great season.

IMO, Belfry was the better team, but made too many costly mistakes. Of course, on the flip side, Breathitt's defense had a little to do with that.

Agreed... plus Breathitt made their fair share of costly mistakes too. Belfry was very fotunate to only be down 14-3 at the half as BC had a TD called back on a penalty and also what would have been a huge gain on a pass negated with a drop.

The Bobcats played thier butts off and had a fantastic gameplan that they stock with all night. It is no easy feat to slow down Belfry's interior, let alone pretty much shut it down like they did tonight. Championship teams make big plays when they need them, especially on defense.. and Breathitt did that tonight!

Hats off from a loyal belfry fan for earning your trip to Louisville!

Where are all the Belfry fans? They where saying Belfry will win by 2 or 3 scores. This is what happens when you compare scores like JC beat Breathitt by two TD's and Belfry beat JC by one TD and therefore we {as in Belfry} should beat Breathitt Co. by three TD's. I love Belfry football it is old school it is fun to watch and Pirates had a great season 13-1, but lets all take a look it was close very close 14-12.