Giants 35 Cowboys 14

The Giants lost two starting DE's from last season as well as two starting OLB's, and a kicker.

Every team has injuries. Tony Romo might have made some difference, yes, but he doesn't play defense. The Giants moved the ball on the Cowboys all day long.

Defense is why Dallas isn't going anywhere, Romo or not.

However, a healthy Romo under center gives the Dallas offense a chance to keep them in any game they play. Placing an immobile QB back there makes life much easier on opposing defenses. Johnson can't move and he can't get the ball down the field. That makes it much easier (and safer) for the Giants (or anyone) to bring everyone closer to the line and stop the run. It also frees them up to blitz more because they don't have to worry about Johnson making them pay with a big play down the field.

Romo's absence has a huge impact on any game Dallas plays.

I think Dallas had to look at the Tampa+Giants without Romo and pray for a split. I don't think it's panic time but I do think they need to have a heart check during the off week. The last TD by Ward when Jenkins just stopped so he wouldn't have to hit him might have been the worst individual effort on a play I've seen in the Pros!

Dallas need to get healthy and play with heart. They do that and they will be fine I think. If the injuries keep piling and they don't find the heart then it's so long to this season.

The Giants are the best TEAM other than myabe the Titans in the NFL RIGHT NOW. Anything can happen in this crazy league.

I agree. I think the Bucs game was huge. It allows Dallas to get Romo back with a 5-5 record. They have to be happy with that as bad as they have looked without Romo.

I think the Giants are better than the Titans.

Romo would have made a big difference, and that is because Johnson is so bad the offense doesn't stay on the field long enough to give the defense a rest. The defense is not that good to start with, without Newman, Jones and Williams if they can't stay off the field they have no chance of beating a good team like the Giants.

Can Romo block too? :lol:

Last time the Giants played the Cowboys with Romo, what happened? :D

The Cowboys were struggling WITH Romo too...these problems aren't all Brad Johnsons fault.

I agree. I think the Bucs game was huge. It allows Dallas to get Romo back with a 5-5 record. They have to be happy with that as bad as they have looked without Romo.

I think the Giants are better than the Titans.

Offensively, yes. I think the Giants also have a better pass rush...but I think a game between the Giants and Titans would be very similar to the Giants/Steelers game. Close, and ugly.

Defense is why Dallas isn't going anywhere, Romo or not.

However, a healthy Romo under center gives the Dallas offense a chance to keep them in any game they play. Placing an immobile QB back there makes life much easier on opposing defenses. Johnson can't move and he can't get the ball down the field. That makes it much easier (and safer) for the Giants (or anyone) to bring everyone closer to the line and stop the run. It also frees them up to blitz more because they don't have to worry about Johnson making them pay with a big play down the field.

Romo's absence has a huge impact on any game Dallas plays.

Romo's absence hurt, but this game was never close. The Giants, if not for that TERRIBLE penalty on Tuck, could have won by even more.

Can Romo block too? :lol:

Last time the Giants played the Cowboys with Romo, what happened? :D

The Cowboys were struggling WITH Romo too...these problems aren't all Brad Johnsons fault.

I agree the stuggles started before Romo got hurt and they more than likely wouldn't have won even if he played, but they are really bad without him, and Brad Johnson may be the worst QB in football.

Offensively, yes. I think the Giants also have a better pass rush...but I think a game between the Giants and Titans would be very similar to the Giants/Steelers game. Close, and ugly.

Most likely.

I just think the Giants are a better football team at this point. I'd call the offensive lines and running games a wash, but the Giants have a clear advantage in the passing game with Eli and Plax.

Defensively, I like the Titans secondary a little better. The rest of the defenses are very close...I'd give the Giants the nod right now with Vanden Bosch being out. His absence is a huge loss for the Titans...the Colts and Packers have run the ball very effectively in the last two games and I think not having Vanden Bosch out there is one of the main reasons.

In any case, the Titans are certainly good enough to beat anybody they play, including the Giants, but you can't discount the difference in Eli vs. Collins and the presence of a guy like Plaxico on the outside. The Titans don't have anyone of that caliber to draw coverage. But, I do think the Titans WR's are a better group than they've been given credit for. I've been pretty impressed with Brandon Jones the last couple of games. He seems to be emerging into a dependable target.

The Cowboys are lacking at LBer in the run game IMO. Z Thomas isn't fit for that defense and was a glamour pickup. I always liked him OK in Miami because of his heart but I didn't like the pick up at all for Dallas except for the Tech people that got to see him play again. I think they will be OK in the secondary when they get healthy but they are hurting in the run defense. Of course the Giants make a lot of people look bad.

To me you have to jump out on the Giants and force Eli to beat you. If you make them one dimensional you have a chance. I don't care if that means doing things like rolling the dice going for it early on 4th down.

The Titans showed they could play from behind but I would still take my chances with them too! Their run game with ZERO WR's is amazing! I called C. Johnson before the draft being a sleeper and that 1-2 punch is flat nasty!