What is the rule on this?

TonyDanza

Not sure this has been discussed before??

What (IF ANY) is the rule on high school coaches going to grade school football games? If it is allowed? Can they talk to the players? (Even just say hello)

Edited by TonyDanza

I know of no such rule/regulation/law that prohibites this. Recruiting can not occur until a student/athlete has began his first day of 9th grade. So, a coach can go to youth games, and/or junior high games and talk/shake hands/smile/wave all he wants.

I just wanted to see how many / I could use in one post.

You cannot recruit at any grade level.

Sec. 1) Foreword

Pupils (both domestic and foreign) at any grade level shall not

be recruited to a member school of the KHSAA for the purpose of

participating in athletics, including recruitment under the guise of

academics.

Sec. 2) Definition

Recruiting is defined as an act, on behalf of or for the benefit of,

a school, which attempts to influence a student to transfer to a

member school for the purpose of participating in athletics. A

school official utilizing an intermediary, such as, but not limited

to a peer, another school employee, a student, a parent or a

citizen, for the purpose of recruiting a student athlete shall be

in noncompliance.

That doesn't mean you cannot go to the games but at the games you cannot recruit.

^ If you are talking about CSAA games, the ones that go mostly are coaches from X, Trinity, and Manual........by definition Manual coaches aren't allowed to be there, but IMO, I don't really care, they offer an amazing education and have started a nice little football tradition. That said, when talking with the players you are not allowed to say we really want yo uto come play for us, do this for us, yadda, yadda, yadda, you are there to ask them to come shadow at school, and see what your school has to offer.

^ If you are talking about CSAA games, the ones that go mostly are coaches from X, Trinity, and Manual........by definition Manual coaches aren't allowed to be there, but IMO, I don't really care, they offer an amazing education and have started a nice little football tradition. That said, when talking with the players you are not allowed to say we really want yo uto come play for us, do this for us, yadda, yadda, yadda, you are there to ask them to come shadow at school, and see what your school has to offer.

Yes, it was CSAA. It was not coaches from any of these schools. I have no problem with the coaches attending from ANY high school attending these games but talking to kid(s) at these games can bring up questions in a person mind.