St. Xavier 30 Trinity 6

mcpapa

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Final.

Rebel, you asked a question in the update thread before it was closed:

"Why is the attendance more than when these two teams play for the State Title? I would think the State Championship game would have been higher in attendance."

The answers are many.

1) Mainly, this game date is set in stone every year, and folks plan vacations to come back to Louisville to see it. The playoff games are not guaranteed, and I don't know if dates are set a year ahead. Military set their leave to see the game, some parachial schools close early too.

2) Weather is better, and more condusive for tailgaiting. It's really a lot like a reunion in the parking lot.

3) It's a self fullfilling prophecy, this 1st game. Because the crowds are big, more want to be part of it, which makes the crowds bigger.

4) There are many public school kids here too. The boys are there for the girls, and vice versa.

5) It's the first meeting since the previous seasons meeting in the playoff, and people look for to the 1st meeting.

Congrats St. X :thumb:

Question.......with the attendance at over 38,000. Why is it that the State Championship game is half the size in attendance? 15,696 was the total at last years Title game. I would have thought it would be reversed.

X was nearly perfect and T wasn't near perfect. It was a banannarific performance. Chest beating rights go to the big yellow tonight! #3 and #7 ran well and X looked like a kid with a new toy with the forward pass. Mike had his team in a frothy lather which helped them lay the smack down tonight, but, as history has shown you can't peak a third of the way into the season and keep the intensity til December. Nobody thinking about December tonight though as Poplar Level Road is partying! Bannana splits for everyone!

:banana::banana::banana:

Final.

Rebel, you asked a question in the update thread before it was closed:

"Why is the attendance more than when these two teams play for the State Title? I would think the State Championship game would have been higher in attendance."

The answers are many.

1) Mainly, this game date is set in stone every year, and folks plan vacations to come back to Louisville to see it. The playoff games are not guaranteed, and I don't know if dates are set a year ahead. Military set their leave to see the game, some parachial schools close early too.

2) Weather is better, and more condusive for tailgaiting. It's really a lot like a reunion in the parking lot.

3) It's a self fullfilling prophecy, this 1st game. Because the crowds are big, more want to be part of it, which makes the crowds bigger.

4) There are many public school kids here too. The boys are there for the girls, and vice versa.

5) It's the first meeting since the previous seasons meeting in the playoff, and people look for to the 1st meeting.

The State games are pretty much set in stone also. Are you telling me you can't remember the State game is the second week or maybe the first week in December? I've been planning my life around the 1st and 2nd week of December for the last 25 years just in case.:creepy::D