St. Xavier 30 Trinity 6

mcpapa

Fantastic win, Tigers! With the season theme of "Leave No Doubt", your performance tonight left no doubt. Celebrate your achievement this weekend, for you deserve it. You certainly made the post-game tailgating highly enjoyable for all in the Saint Xavier Family. :thumb:

Nevertheless, as other Tiger supporters have already noted, you must keep your noses to the grindstone and continue improving to grab that ring in December. In all likelyhood, we will see this Rock team again in the State Semi-Finals, and I'm sure they will be eager for revenge. :cool:

:ylsuper: You Got'em Tigers!! :ylsuper:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

T has lost to X twice in the past three regular seasons but Trinity has won the three titles. My question would be, what type of adjustments will the Rocks have to make to pull out a potential semi final win? T lost in '05 by 36 but won in the finals, is this years model capable of a 31 point swing?

Interesting to note, that T, Team 2000, has been outscored by the Tigers this decade 220-181 thus far. I'll be the first to say we haven't gotten it done when it REALLY counted, but I thought this was interesting.
If you look at the majority of those points it started in 2004 when we got our current D guru. Glaser and staff own TB, he just keeps getting out coahed in the regular season game. Frankly it gets old. I know it is all about the titles but this game to the old timers still means a lot.

T has lost to X twice in the past three regular seasons but Trinity has won the three titles. My question would be, what type of adjustments will the Rocks have to make to pull out a potential semi final win? T lost in '05 by 36 but won in the finals, is this years model capable of a 31 point swing?[/quote

When these two teams meet you never know. I think the X offense has a lot of room for improvement. Next meeting should be much closer. The St.X secondary played well..bending but never breaking. St.X O line played much better than I expected. Trinity seemed to have problems stopping the run. The Rocks gave up on the run IMO.

T has lost to X twice in the past three regular seasons but Trinity has won the three titles. My question would be, what type of adjustments will the Rocks have to make to pull out a potential semi final win? T lost in '05 by 36 but won in the finals, is this years model capable of a 31 point swing?

31 point swing? WE have some adjusting to do, but for all the bad, I saw a lot of positives to build upon...We'll be fine.

If you look at the majority of those points it started in 2004 when we got our current D guru. Glaser and staff own TB, he just keeps getting out coahed in the regular season game. Frankly it gets old. I know it is all about the titles but this game to the old timers still means a lot.

Do you not remember the 2006 title game?

Keys to the game were that St. X. came out immediately with the spread offense and Brutscher was on target from the start. Trinity was forced to defend the entire field sideline to sideline. Linebackers were out of postion several times. The running of Jeremiah Neal kept the Rocks off balance. He had 82 yards in the first half to more than compliment Deuce's 70 first half yards. Trinity loaded the box when St. X went wishbone with 1st and goal from the 8, forcing X to settle for a field goal and a 10-0 halftime lead.

St. X coaches made great adjustments after halftime assserting their ground game with Deuce. He had several gains in the 12-23 yard variety. When they got inside the 20 they attacked with the pass and stayed out of the wishbone. Brutscher hit Goodwin and Baushcer with 13 and 18 yard bullets for scores that put the game out of reach. Matt Brutscher is probably the most underrated player in Louisville this year. He really makes this X team formidable with his ability to strecth the field with his arm. This really opens up the ground attack for Deuce and Neal. Good win for the Tigers! Enjoy the weekend and get ready to go back to work.