Boyd Co./Breathitt Co. predictions

MBWC41

Boyd (1-1) travels to Breathitt (0-2) this week.

Boyd is coming off a loss to Russell. Breathitt is coming off a loss to Prestonsburg.

Both teams played their last opponents pretty close.

I'm not gonna predict a score on this one mainly because I don't know much about Breathitt. They were able to stay within two touchdowns of Johnson Central in the first game of their season so they must have a good team.

Thoughts ?

I feel like this could and should be a very close game. Breathitt has started out with 2 very tough opponents in JC and Prestonsburg. The problem with Breathitt has not been talent, it's been experience. They have been unable to get much of a passing game going with a new QB and only 1 of their top 5 receivers returning from last year. They have the players, they just havn't performed to their abilities to this point. I look for them to get things rolling within the next couple weeks and be a strong team come playoff time.

Breathitt 35

Boyd 21

This is the second of three grueling games for the Lions, and another tough contest for the Bobcats. On paper this one looks pretty close, so I'm going to go with home field since the Lions have to travel quite a ways down into the mountains to face a pretty tough and hungry Bobcat team. This should be a close one, Tater's loser... Boyd County 28-21.

I would like to congratulate coach Chris Holbrook of Boyd, via the Russell Red Devils on the birth of his baby boy.

How are Breathitt's DB's this year? If they are solid open field 1 on 1 tacklers, then that should help them quite a bit. Also the DE's will need to have a solid game, and try and keep Wilson contained.