Rate My Fantasy Team

It is Fantasy Football season, so it is time for some input. I have a few random leagues that I have done because I was bored around midnight on the weekdays, but my most important was one I did with some of my buddies on NFL.com, it is a 12 team league, Head-to-Head matches. I got first pick! We Start 1 QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 D/ST, 1 K.

QB- Matt Hasselbeck

RB- LeDainian Tomlinson

RB- Larry Johnson

WR- Anquan Boldin

WR- Wes Welker

WR- Santana Moss

TE- Heath Miller

D/ST- Packers

K- Neil Rackers

Bench

QB- Kellen Clemens (I droped him obviously, and am waiting on waivers to clear to sign Marc Bulger who someone dropped to get Troy Smith.)

RB- Willie Parker

RB- Fred Taylor

WR- Mark Clayton

WR- Steve Smith (NYG)

Since I have good back up RB, I offered a trade- Santana Moss and Fred Taylor for Plaxico Burress. I do not know if he will do it, but that will make my WR outstanding I think.

I'd say you have a top 4 team out of your league. Watch Steve Smith with him and Eli this year he could be set for a breakout year although it still might be one year away. You just never know with recievers.

I took him as a sleeper in the last round cause I am looking for him to have a great year.

Do you get a point / reception?

And why Willie Parker on the bench? I'd take him over LJ at this point in time.

I think it is a point for every 10 yards receiving.

I took LJ in the 4th and I took Parker in the 8th I think, and that is why he is starting over him at this point. It will probably change though and I will probably try to trade LJ if Parker gets off to a good start.

I think it is a point for every 10 yards receiving.

I took LJ in the 4th and I took Parker in the 8th I think, and that is why he is starting over him at this point. It will probably change though and I will probably try to trade LJ if Parker gets off to a good start.

Also something of concern. Read somewhere that Parker would get the bulk of the carries in the early season. However as the season wears on it sounds like the Steelers are going to platoon Parker and Mendenhall.

What do you guys think of this team I drafted yesterday? I was playing around on ESPN trying to do some free mock drafts and I accidentally signed up for a real one. By the time I realized what I'd done, I hated to leave it so I was pretty much stuck. I had the #8 pick in a 10 team league with 16 rounds. Here's what I ended up with...

This is my lineup with round and overall pick...

Starters

QB - Jay Cutler (Round 7 - Overall 68)

RB - Steven Jackson (1 - 8)

RB - Marion Barber (2 - 13)

RB/WR - Darren McFadden (4 - 33)

WR - Marques Colston (3 - 28)

WR - Brandon Marshall (5 - 48)

TE - Alge Crumpler (12 - 113)

D/ST - Jaguars (14 - 133)

K - Rob Bironas (15 - 148)

Bench

QB - Vince Young - (13 - 128)

RB - LenDale White - (6 - 53)

RB - Rashard Mendenhall - (8 - 73)

WR - Jerricho Cotchery - (9 - 88)

WR - Reggie Williams - (10 - 93)

WR - Anthony Gonzalez - (11 - 108)

TE - Kevin Boss - (16 - 153)

Here's my own analysis. I can start with my strategy. First, I wanted to focus heavy on RB's (like most people) and WR's. I decided going in that I was going to wait on QB and TE. I feel like there are some lower rated guys with nice upside.

QB - Obviously, I don't have an elite player here. I thought getting Cutler in round 7 was pretty good value. He could be poised for a pretty solid season. I felt like taking a risk on Vince Young. If one of those two don't step up, this will definitely be a weakness on my roster. I'm counting on Cutler to give me some solid numbers here.

RB - I feel really good about this position, assuming Steven Jackson plays, but I definitely gambled a bit on the risk/reward side. I felt like Barber was a safe pick and excellent value at #13. McFadden in round 4 may have been too high, but I like his upside and I didn't think he'd be around 15 picks later. I'm banking on him getting a lot of touches and getting in the end zone this season. I was really pleased to get LenDale White with the 53rd pick in round 6. He's the undisputed #1 back for a team that loves to pound the ball. He's going to consistently get 20+ carries a week and the bulk of the red zone touches. I felt like taking a shot on Mendenhall...I feel like he'll get more touches as the season progress and could be their goal line back. And, if Parker gets hurt, the payoff could be huge. If Steven Jackson doesn't play, my margin for error is slim.

WR - I drafted my wideouts in rounds 3, 5, 9, 10, 11...considering that, I love what I got. Colston is the #1 target in a high scoring, pass happy offense. In addition, his size makes him a perfect red zone target and the addition of Shockey should only help in that area. Marshall is out for 3 games, but his talent and upside was too much to pass up. I expect him to pick up from last year. Cotchery was a great get in round 9. He should be at least as good as last year, and possibly better with Favre. I was especially glad to get him so he could hold the fort down until Marshall gets back. Williams came on late last season and seemed to click with Garrard and caught 10 TD passes. He may not hit double digits again, but with some confidence and Garrard more comfortable, I like the pick. I strongly considered picking Gonzalez ahead of Williams, so I was definitely glad to see him available a round later. If Marvin Harrison returns to form, there probably isn't going to be enough touches for him, but if Harrison struggles, his upside is pretty good for an 11th round pick.

TE - I definitely went risk here by taking Crumpler. I feel like a young, developing QB like Young will lean heavily on Crumpler. He thrived in the same role with Mike Vick and new OC Mike Heimerdinger liked using his TE before in Tennessee. I feel like there is some nice upside here. I debated between Boss and Utecht with my last pick. Ultimately, I went with Boss since Shockey is out and he'll be the #1 guy in NY. I'm banking on Crumpler, which could backfire.

K - Bironas was as good as any in my book. I expect the Titans offense to be more productive this year, so he should get more chances.

D/ST - Jags...I wasn't about to pick a defense before round 14 and at that point I liked the Jags as good as any, especially with a new DC (Gregg Williams) and two rookie pass rushers. I think their big play ability is better now. I wanted the Seahawks or Cowboys, but didn't get them. Seattle's D went in round 9 and the Cowboys went off the board 3 picks before I took the Jags.

All in all, I was pretty happy with what I got. I definitely took some risks, but when you're picking 8th, I don't feel like playing it safe is enough to win.

My computer messed up at the start, so my first pick was done auto and Jackson was the top rated guy. I was debating between he and Marshawn Lynch, particularly because of the uncertainty around Jackson. That could turn out to be the biggest mistake I made, IMO.

I want in a league that has someone that drops March Bulger

I had claimed Favre before Bulger was dropped, but I was 10th on the Waiver order so someone else got him. Bulger is less of a risk imo. He'll either have a good or decent season. Favre, imo, will either have a bad season or a great season, so Bulger is safer. I do not understand that guy dropping Bulger to get Troy smith.:confused:

Me neither. IF ST. Louis gets back on track, Bulger could be a top 10 and maybe even a top 5 QB.

Top 10? Possible.

Top 5? Very, very, very, very unlikely.

The Rams don't have the weapons outside that they used to for starters. Holt isn't as good as he once was and they don't really have another proven receiver who can put up big numbers...Drew Bennett, Donnie Avery, Randy McMichael. I'd bet on Steven Jackson being their second leading receiver if he plays and stays healthy.

Bulger isn't going to finish ahead of Brady, Manning, Romo or Brees. And, it's very unlikely he'll finish ahead of Palmer, Roethlisberger, and Hasselbeck. And McNabb if he stays healthy.