The Cycle Of The Politics And Religion Board

Another two cycles, although these are two are IMO appropriate:

Every abortion debate boils down to the idea of when life begins

Every debate between the merits of Protestantism and Catholicism boils down to the validity of Sola Scriptura.

Tell me about it.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I see a topic I think I might not be interested in...I skip it. Do it alot. Some folks like to post something just to post. As I'd say in person who talks alot..."gum Flapper". But if my Bible helps me in the religious context, I have it on my lap. :ylsuper:

It gets a bit trite and cliche at times....:D
Let's eliminate the availability of "abortion on demand" for no reason other than convenience, and we'll see how trite your side thinks it is.

Call it what you will, but as it is, abortion results in a death sentence for every innocent human involved... over one million a year... and yet out of just over 1,000 convicted killers executed in the U.S. since 1976, the fact that there might be even one "innocent" among the convicted is a reason to eliminate capital punishment altogether.

The logic of this reasoning escapes me entirely.

Let's eliminate the availability of "abortion on demand" for no reason other than convenience, and we'll see how trite your side thinks it is.

Call it what you will, but as it is, abortion results in a death sentence for every innocent human involved... over one million a year... and yet out of just over 1,000 convicted killers executed in the U.S. since 1976, the fact that there might be even one "innocent" among the convicted is a reason to eliminate capital punishment altogether.

The logic of this reasoning escapes me entirely.

Again I don't consider a fetus to be on the same level as a fully birthed human.

Again I don't consider a fetus to be on the same level as a fully birthed human.

My wife had our 1st child about 9 days before my best friends wife had her first. My daughter was full term, my friends daughter was taken by ceaserean a little more than 2 months early. Amazingly both childern were fully developed even though my buddies daughter should not have been a fully birthed human at that point. I guess for the first two months they cared for a bundle of cells.

My sister had a child almost 4 months premature. He weighed less then a pound and a half and spent the next 4 months in a hospital. He is now a happy and healthy 8 year old.

How many of the clusters of cells as you call them would survive or even have a chance of survival if given the chance?

My sister had a child almost 4 months premature. He weighed less then a pound and a half and spent the next 4 months in a hospital. He is now a happy and healthy 8 year old.

How many of the clusters of cells as you call them would survive or even have a chance of survival if given the chance?

Good for him and good for your sister...Still doesn't change my position. What is inside a woman's body is hers to deal with as she pleases.

What is inside a woman's body is hers to deal with as she pleases.
I have a terribly pithy response to this one that Lorena Bobbit might approve of... and might cause you to reconsider your position, but I won't go there here. :lol: