The Offense Of The Future?

Looks like to me that it worked well for TC against weeker opponnents but it is useless against a talented team look at the stats for the Casey Co game and the Henry Co game no comparison. Henry shut all aspects of their offense down totally.

Edited by Ram

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your statement is mostly correct; however, SirMixAlot's statement is not. So, here's another attempt to clarify:

Players who are ineligible by position, regardless of what number they are wearing, are NOT ELIGIBLE to catch a forward pass either beyond or behind the line of scrimmage. Period.

Ineligibles may be beyond the line of scrimmage if the pass does not cross the line of scrimmage. Otherwise, it is a foul for Ineligible Downfield (or Illegal Touching if they attempt to catch the pass beyond the line of scrimmage).

Ineligibles may catch or recover a backward pass.

Ineligibles may receive a handoff behind the line of scrimmage, provided he has "clearly faced his goal line by moving both feet in a half-turn and is at least 1 yard behind his line when he receives the ball."

Does that help?

I thought thats what I said? I guess not. Nevermind, Re read it, thanks for the clarification.

Looks like to me that it worked well for TC against weeker opponnents but it is useless against a talented team look at the stats for the Casey Co game and the Henry Co game no comparison. Henry shut all aspects of their offense down totally.

You must not know what the A-11 looks like, because TC has yet to run the A-11 in a game only in scrimmages.

• 2 weeks later...

A few other things that are odds and ends. I am sure someone will correct me if wrong but the person that receives that snap does not have to be at 7yds but you do have to have someone that is eligible to receive the snap at 7. This also protects the center to a degree.

As far as the offense goes do not confuse the offense with formations. What some are calling the A11 more than likely is formation like the BYU formation (named for BYU), Ninja is what Texas Tech calls it, and Spurrier runs Emory and something else. These formation split their tackles and ends out. Sometimes they will line up rec between the split tackle and the center. Dutch Meyer at TCU ran an empty offense that one paper looks like what some would call the A11.

The A11 is based on the scrimmage kick formation rules. That is what it hinges on and what it has expanded off of. Spread kick/Rugby kick type formations and trick plays are nothing new. The A11 uses jet/fly, option (and option of with the jet back) and draw as a large part of its run game. The idea is to create angles. They also want to confuse the defense as far as who can go downfield. Throwing screens makes this harder to do. Add the shifts and motions and it can be a nightmare. I am sure officals would prefer not to see it because it requires such a level of concentration.