Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Offense Of The Future?

Featured Replies

I did hear that TC is running it. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen. TC must be terrible if they are going to run that offense. To me it isn't football.

 

I see it as an offense for teams with no lineman and/or blocking abilities.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see it as an offense for teams with no lineman and/or blocking abilities.

 

Then they need to drop football.

Then they need to drop football.

 

I was not disagreeing with you. I think the offense is for "backyard football". I was just trying to make a reason for any team to use this type of offense.

I see it as an offense for teams with no lineman and/or blocking abilities.

 

Or teams that may realize they are out-manned trying to line up man for man against much larger teams. I could see this helping a team with a lack of size, similar to how the shotgun helps teams that struggle to hold off an opposing team's dominant pass rush? If it helps the "lesser lights" compete against the big dogs, I'm all for it!!

Football is football is football. If they can do it legally, I'm all for it. And realistically, I'm surprised that coaches haven't thought outside of the box before and developed something like this. I don't think it is as easy to defend as it is being made out to be. With the right personnel it could be dangerous. I imagine it will go through growing pains and become more refined over the years, but I could see this, or a variation, catching on.

 

On a side note, it reminds me a bit of the swinging-gate field goal. Unorthodox, but the right personnel made it dangerous.

How are the eligible receiver determined? To they notify the referee before the play, or do they simply make certain to send out only five receivers?

Football is football is football. If they can do it legally, I'm all for it. And realistically, I'm surprised that coaches haven't thought outside of the box before and developed something like this. I don't think it is as easy to defend as it is being made out to be. With the right personnel it could be dangerous. I imagine it will go through growing pains and become more refined over the years, but I could see this, or a variation, catching on.

 

On a side note, it reminds me a bit of the swinging-gate field goal. Unorthodox, but the right personnel made it dangerous.

 

I believe that a lot of states are banning it. I could be wrong on this but that is what I heard from several high school football coaches.

I was not disagreeing with you. I think the offense is for "backyard football". I was just trying to make a reason for any team to use this type of offense.

 

I know I was just trying to make my point to others.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited content

I don't care how many of them release. There is only one ball.

 

Thanks, I thought that they were going to play with 2 this year.

 

I would only cover one wr and I would let the rest run free. :thumb:

I see it as an offense for teams with no lineman and/or blocking abilities.

 

Like 150 Lb tackles.

Or teams that may realize they are out-manned trying to line up man for man against much larger teams. I could see this helping a team with a lack of size, similar to how the shotgun helps teams that struggle to hold off an opposing team's dominant pass rush? If it helps the "lesser lights" compete against the big dogs, I'm all for it!!

 

THank you, a coach must put his kids in position to win.

I believe that a lot of states are banning it. I could be wrong on this but that is what I heard from several high school football coaches.

 

Why are they banning it if it is so "stupid" ?

I know I was just trying to make my point to others.

 

Thanks for your concern with our athletic program and we all ready have a volleyball team.

 

The type of offense that TRimble County is going to run sure does upset you, I am wondering why you are so interested in little old Trimble Co.

 

I have also heard through the grapewine that there is a large very successfull football program in Louisville is also planning on running the A-11 offense, maybe when they come out with it, then it will be OK.

Edited by STRIKE3
edited quote content

Thanks, I thought that they were going to play with 2 this year.

 

I would only cover one wr and I would let the rest run free. :thumb:

 

Look you can only release 5 max on a pass play. And you can't have all 5 on one side of the field. So Coming up with funky formation is all good. No one said I wouldn't cover all of your Wr's. I telling you you can only throw to one of them at a time.

 

Key to passing - Protection- if you can't protect your in trouble. Will you complete passes? Yes, but only to one guy at a time. No one is going to invent a new defense to try and stop you from releasing 5 guys at a time.

 

You can flood the zone or run some crossing routes. Send 5 verticals. Football is football no matter where you line up. Or you can run jail house screen. There are only so many things you can do.

 

Bottom line when things get tough get in the BONE!

Look you can only release 5 max on a pass play. And you can't have all 5 on one side of the field. So Coming up with funky formation is all good. No one said I wouldn't cover all of your Wr's. I telling you you can only throw to one of them at a time.

 

Key to passing - Protection- if you can't protect your in trouble. Will you complete passes? Yes, but only to one guy at a time. No one is going to invent a new defense to try and stop you from releasing 5 guys at a time.

 

You can flood the zone or run some crossing routes. Send 5 verticals. Football is football no matter where you line up. Or you can run jail house screen. There are only so many things you can do.

 

Bottom line when things get tough get in the BONE!

 

The way I see it, there will be a degree of confusion inherent to the defense as they will not know which five receivers are releasing. The offense will be able to get isolation on its receivers or create mis-matches, such as having the best receiver running against the fourth or fifth best defensive back. A typical zone would have to be modified to keep in check the receivers who don't release, as they can catch screens or pitches and dash for an easy ten.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.