Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

The Offense Of The Future?

Featured Replies

Why are they banning it if it is so "stupid" ?

 

Because it lets the center be eligible if he is wearing a legal number. You probably don't even know that. I referree football and that makes it harder to see if the right peopl are going out for a pass. I would say the same thing about that Louisville team also. You probably don't even know who is doing that.

  • Replies 96
  • Views 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it lets the center be eligible if he is wearing a legal number. You probably don't even know that. I referree football and that makes it harder to see if the right peopl are going out for a pass. I would say the same thing about that Louisville team also. You probably don't even know who is doing that.

 

If you run the swinging gate then the center can catch a pass. You can have whom ever you want to be the last man on the line if your in A-11 or not. "You proably did not know that"

I would agree that this offense does make it more diffucult on the officals I would assume that I know alot more about this than you do.

 

I bet I know alot more about this offense than you do.

 

Ans yes I do know who has been working on this offense from Louisville.

Look you can only release 5 max on a pass play. And you can't have all 5 on one side of the field. So Coming up with funky formation is all good. No one said I wouldn't cover all of your Wr's. I telling you you can only throw to one of them at a time.

 

Key to passing - Protection- if you can't protect your in trouble. Will you complete passes? Yes, but only to one guy at a time. No one is going to invent a new defense to try and stop you from releasing 5 guys at a time.

 

You can flood the zone or run some crossing routes. Send 5 verticals. Football is football no matter where you line up. Or you can run jail house screen. There are only so many things you can do.

 

Bottom line when things get tough get in the BONE!

 

 

You only have to have one guy at a time carry the ball across the goal line.

 

That would be great if you got the horses like Frankfort, but some people do not.

In a normal formation there must be 5 players numbered 50 to 79 on the offensive line of scrimmage. There must be a minimum of 7 offensive players on the LOS. The two on the ends of the line are eligible by position. Players must be eligible by position (a back or on the end of the LOS) and by number (0-49, 80-99) in order to legally go downfield or to catch a forward pass anywhere.

 

In scrimmage kick formation the numbering requirement (5 players 50-79) is excepted. Scrimmage kick formation means a player is at least 7 yards behind the line in position to receive a snap.

 

In the A-11 a team lines up in scrimmage kick formation, thereby eliminating the requirement of having 5 players numbered 50-79 on the LOS. Their lineman can wear any number 0-99.

 

Here's the tricky part. All the players could be eligible by number, but 5 are ineligible by position, since you are still required to have 7 players on the LOS, regardless of jersey number, and only 2 of them can be on the ends and therefore eligible by position. The defense must decide which players are and are not eligible, and adjust their defensive alignment accordingly. So must the officials.

 

Watchouts:

1. The person receiving the snap from center must be at least 7 yards behind the LOS or the numbering exception does not apply.

2. Eligiblility by position is determined by the first position a player takes in the formation, before any shifts. This means you cannot be ineligible in your initial postion, and become eligible after a shift.

3. The 5 ineligible players must be able to perform the same blocking that players 50-79 would be able to perform, or risk the play failing for lack of blocking or passer protection.

4. Confusion about who is and is not eligible could cause the offense to commit a foul for illegal formation and/or ineligible downfield and/or illegal touching. Illegal touching fouls carry the loss of down provision.

 

There is a ongoing debate among officials and coaches about the legality of this offense. Some states are ruling it illegal under the unfair acts or travesty of the game provisions in the rulebook. Other states are allowing it claiming it takes advantage of an established exception in the rules. My guess is the Federation will eventually make a statement and possible rule change regarding the A-11, which they have not done to date. This offense is legal in Kentucky.

 

FYI - There are only 48 states that play by NFHS rules. Massachussettes and Texas play football by NCAA rules. This numbering exception does not exist in NCAA or NFL.

I love it. This is terribly interesting to me. I'm always intrigued by new offensive schemes.

 

This seems like the ultimate because it could potentially involve all 11 players in every aspect of the offense. Rushing, Receiving, Blocking, Passing...every player could be a threat to do either of those four.

 

I'd love to see it in action for a few games to see how effective your run game could be with this offense.

 

It looks pretty exciting and extremely innovative to me.

I did hear that TC is running it. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen. TC must be terrible if they are going to run that offense. To me it isn't football.

 

We'll see about the bolded. ;) Great locker room material though...thanks!

You only have to have one guy at a time carry the ball across the goal line.

 

That would be great if you got the horses like Frankfort, but some people do not.

 

I understand what you are saying. I don't think you understand what I was getting at in my original post.

 

I like different formations, I have used about 30 different ones my self.

 

I was just saying it doesn't matter how many you have out wide you can only release 5 at one time. I am sure this offense can cause confusion. That is why it was created. I sure you will score points because of that confusion.

 

So my original statement was when you release 5 guys you can only throw it to one guy. So I wouldn't change my defense just becuase you have 9 wr's.

 

Good Luck with your new offense.

I understand what you are saying. I don't think you understand what I was getting at in my original post.

 

I like different formations, I have used about 30 different ones my self.

 

I was just saying it doesn't matter how many you have out wide you can only release 5 at one time. I am sure this offense can cause confusion. That is why it was created. I sure you will score points because of that confusion.

 

So my original statement was when you release 5 guys you can only throw it to one guy. So I wouldn't change my defense just becuase you have 9 wr's.

 

Good Luck with your new offense.

 

That is true. THe A-11 is a series of frormations and it is not a cure all. It may give a small team a advantage. I think that Trimble also lost 14 seniors off last years team that had 34 on it and they also lost 5 others that think that the raiders are going to be bad.

 

So I think the coach may be looking for something to help with his 150 lb offensive tackles.

I remember South Oldham running this offense as a sort of last resort against Highlands in 2004. Let's just say, it didn't turn out too well. I imagine, with 10 guys who can run and catch, this could be slightly productive. But you would have to have a quarterback who can watch 10 of his receivers at a time, while also watching another 11 defensive players running around them. I just don't see how this would ever lead to a state championship offense. There is just too much confusion and it seems like it would make teams more one dementional as a dominately passing team. Usually, this isn't a good thing to be so unbalanced (unless you have Tom Brady at the helm :sssh: ).

In a normal formation there must be 5 players numbered 50 to 79 on the offensive line of scrimmage. There must be a minimum of 7 offensive players on the LOS. The two on the ends of the line are eligible by position. Players must be eligible by position (a back or on the end of the LOS) and by number (0-49, 80-99) in order to legally go downfield or to catch a forward pass anywhere [even a screen pass behind the LOS].

 

In scrimmage kick formation the numbering requirement (5 players 50-79) is excepted. Scrimmage kick formation means a player is at least 7 yards behind the line in position to receive a snap.

 

In the A-11, a team lines up in scrimmage kick formation, thereby eliminating the requirement of having 5 players numbered 50-79 on the LOS. Their lineman can wear any number 0-99 [but not all are eligible to catch a pass; see below].

 

Here's the tricky part. All the players could be eligible by number, but 5 are ineligible by position, since you are still required to have 7 players on the LOS, regardless of jersey number, and only 2 of them can be on the ends and therefore eligible by position. The defense must decide which players are and are not eligible, and adjust their defensive alignment accordingly. So must the officials.

 

Watchouts:

1. The player receiving the snap from center must be at least 7 yards behind the LOS or the numbering exception does not apply.

 

2. Eligiblility by position is determined by the first position a player takes in the formation, before any shifts. This means you cannot be ineligible in your initial postion, and become eligible after a shift.

 

4. Confusion about who is and is not eligible could cause the offense to commit a foul for illegal formation and/or ineligible downfield and/or illegal touching. Illegal touching fouls carry the loss of down provision.

 

 

That's a perfect explanation. :thumb:

If you run the swinging gate then the center can catch a pass. You can have whom ever you want to be the last man on the line if your in A-11 or not. "You proably did not know that"

I would agree that this offense does make it more diffucult on the officals I would assume that I know alot more about this than you do.

 

I bet I know alot more about this offense than you do.

 

Ans yes I do know who has been working on this offense from Louisville.

 

Tall I apologize for saying anything that may have offended you I just think that it isn't football when you are having to line up in a scrimmage kick formation to run an offensive play every snap. I aslo apologize to TC I wish them only the best this year. Good luck to Coach Poynter and the rest o his team I am signing off on this thread.

THank you, a coach must put his kids in position to win.

 

I agree with Tall Trees. The coach is putting his team in a position to win. I commend him for not lining in formations where his kids cannot win in, just because it is "normal". :flame:

I don't see how you can say it looks like "typical plays" when we're talking about all 11 being eligible to tote the ball.

 

If you read the link not all of the players become eligible, but they are eligble to catch the ball behind the line of scrimage and or recieve a hand off or pitch.

If you read the link not all of the players become eligible, but they are eligble to catch the ball behind the line of scrimage and or recieve a hand off or pitch.

 

I have not watched the video or read much on this other than throught his thread. But based on this quote, then "any" player can run a route down field also as long as the ball is ran or thrown BEHIND the line of scrimmage? Correct or not?

I have not watched the video or read much on this other than throught his thread. But based on this quote, then "any" player can run a route down field also as long as the ball is ran or thrown BEHIND the line of scrimmage? Correct or not?

 

Your statement is mostly correct; however, SirMixAlot's statement is not. So, here's another attempt to clarify:

 

Players who are ineligible by position, regardless of what number they are wearing, are NOT ELIGIBLE to catch a forward pass either beyond or behind the line of scrimmage. Period.

 

Ineligibles may be beyond the line of scrimmage if the pass does not cross the line of scrimmage. Otherwise, it is a foul for Ineligible Downfield (or Illegal Touching if they attempt to catch the pass beyond the line of scrimmage).

 

Ineligibles may catch or recover a backward pass.

 

Ineligibles may receive a handoff behind the line of scrimmage, provided he has "clearly faced his goal line by moving both feet in a half-turn and is at least 1 yard behind his line when he receives the ball."

 

Does that help?

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.