What's the one thing you want to see from the 2008 season?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to see this first year for the Harlan County Black Bears, team and community unity! We want to win!! Success breeds success. Best of luck to Coach Tom Larkey, his coaching staff, and the young men coming together to make history for our county this year. They'll be many to follow after, but you guys will always be the first!!!! Make this year count! :thumb:

Nothing for Holmes or Dixie?

I'd like to see Holmes and Dixie elevate their game to make the NKY 5A district the best in the state.

Holmes IMO will always be a basketball school and Dixie couldnt get it done with a loaded SR class last season so I dont know what to say about them. Maybe add Filet Mignon to their concession menu which I hear is outstanding already?

Spring football abolished....:fire:

I would like to it expanded. Something like Florida, I believe they have three weeks of practice, ending in multi-school scrimmages. I understand that they use the scrimmages to train officials, as well as additional practice. Make it a bigger event. I don't see how it could be bad for Kentucky football. People often talk about Kentucky football not stacking up against Ohio, Texas, and Florida. Perhaps if we copy some of the things that those states do, we would have more quality football across the state.

I would like to it expanded. Something like Florida, I believe they have three weeks of practice, ending in multi-school scrimmages. I understand that they use the scrimmages to train officials, as well as additional practice. Make it a bigger event. I don't see how it could be bad for Kentucky football. People often talk about Kentucky football not stacking up against Ohio, Texas, and Florida. Perhaps if we copy some of the things that those states do, we would have more quality football across the state.

You know how they say, "No offense, but...." right before they offend someone?

Well, no offense Ram but that's a horrible idea...:D

Why does KY football have to be stacked up against Ohio, Texas and Florida? We could have football 12 months out of the year and not stack up with those states...

Holmes IMO will always be a basketball school and Dixie couldnt get it done with a loaded SR class last season so I dont know what to say about them. Maybe add Filet Mignon to their concession menu which I hear is outstanding already?

Dixie trying to run and learn a spread offense on the fly during the season was not the way to go. Way too much standing around waiting for plays to be called in. They never knew what offense was going to be used from week to week. It's quite possible that a lot of the guys just did not have that much confidence in the spread and it showed. They did much better having the linemen in 3 pt and going to power runs. They had the line, IMO they just did not use it correctly. Of course if you score and then your defense turns around and gives up big plays for TDs, it kind of demoralizes the offense.