What's the one thing you want to see from the 2008 season?

I would like to see Ballard win their district with a first year coach and play at home for the first 2 weeks.

I'd be happy to see Ballard simply win their opening game of the season:thumb:

On a side note, I see St. X has Ballard at home again. Does anyone have inside info on why Ballard requested or agreed on these rare back-to-back road trips to St. X?

Will the Tigers visit Ballard the following two seasons?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be happy to see Ballard simply win their opening game of the season:thumb:

On a side note, I see St. X has Ballard at home again. Does anyone have inside info on why Ballard requested or agreed on these rare back-to-back road trips to St. X?

Will the Tigers visit Ballard the following two seasons?

I join you in wishing the Bruins much success in their opener. According to a prior post on another thread --the schedule change was at Ballard's request -and If I recall correctly --it may have had somethng to do with work/improvements at their stadium. At least it seems I read that somewhere.

Cannot answer your last q. Sorry

You know how they say, "No offense, but...." right before they offend someone?

Well, no offense Ram but that's a horrible idea...:D

Why does KY football have to be stacked up against Ohio, Texas and Florida? We could have football 12 months out of the year and not stack up with those states...

I respect your opinion, and I did not mean that Kentucky football would all of a sudden be on the same level as the aforementioned states, but why don't you like spring football? Summer and fall baseball has arguably been good for baseball, summer and AAU basketball has been touted as the supreme form of basketball, why is spring football not good for football as a whole? And why would expending spring football to include a bowl type scrimmage not be good for football?

You know how they say, "No offense, but...." right before they offend someone?

Well, no offense Ram but that's a horrible idea...:D

Why does KY football have to be stacked up against Ohio, Texas and Florida? We could have football 12 months out of the year and not stack up with those states...

You may be right, but if you don't think spring football has helped Ky close the gap considerably with the Ohio schools, no offense intended, you are sadly mistaken.:D:D. I think high school spring football has significantly increased the quality of high school football in Ky, which benefits the high schools, the players chances of getting scholarships and the Kentucky colleges playing football also. And while the concept of longer spring football would further increase the quality of football in Ky, I am concerned it would really hurt the spring sports. As a wise man named Aristostle once said, moderation is the key to a successful life (at least I think it was Aristotle; maybe it was the Ru).

I want to tailgate with Henry & Friends again! :D:D:D

:banana::banana::banana:

TD would be at the state game party no matter who is playing. And TD and RM are always welcome at our party.:dancingpa

TD

Now this wouldn't be the good folk(s) who want X to take 6a would it ????

(or anybody but T) :confused:

As Rockmom stated before, since we could not choose to see our own team in the State game which is all I really want for X-mas, I turned it around again for my own selfish reasons and hope that X wins the state game so that Highlands could then (hopefully) be tied with Trinity for titles. Nothing against Trinity, just want my team to have it all.

I respect your opinion, and I did not mean that Kentucky football would all of a sudden be on the same level as the aforementioned states, but why don't you like spring football? Summer and fall baseball has arguably been good for baseball, summer and AAU basketball has been touted as the supreme form of basketball, why is spring football not good for football as a whole? And why would expending spring football to include a bowl type scrimmage not be good for football?

It would be good for football.

I truly believe that spring football is not for the stud athlete, the kid that's going to get the big time DI scholarship. I think it's for the average to slightly above average player that needs more reps and experience. Ohio, Texas and Florida have more of those studs than KY does, and there's nothing we can do about it.

As I said, overall I think a longer spring would be good for KY high school football. But as LN states below, my fear is that it would hurt the spring sports.

As a wise coach once told me. If you emphasize something, you WILL get better at it...

You may be right, but if you don't think spring football has helped Ky close the gap considerably with the Ohio schools, no offense intended, you are sadly mistaken.:D:D. I think high school spring football has significantly increased the quality of high school football in Ky, which benefits the high schools, the players chances of getting scholarships and the Kentucky colleges playing football also. And while the concept of longer spring football would further increase the quality of football in Ky, I am concerned it would really hurt the spring sports. As a wise man named Aristostle once said, moderation is the key to a successful life (at least I think it was Aristotle; maybe it was the Ru).

I never said that it didn't close the gap and I agree. However, if Ohio would adopt spring football they'd increase that gap.

I can't stand the fact that with spring football, 75 summer baseball games and AAU basketball we are making kids choose which sports they want to play at a high level. Don't get me wrong, I know they can play all the sports, but to truly be able to compete you have to commit.

Unless, of course, the child is a freak of an athlete.

I would respectfully disagree with the value of spring football on the overall product. How many practices are they allowed to have? 10? I just don't think KY football would suffer at all without spring football.

It would be good for football.

I truly believe that spring football is not for the stud athlete, the kid that's going to get the big time DI scholarship. I think it's for the average to slightly above average player that needs more reps and experience. Ohio, Texas and Florida have more of those studs than KY does, and there's nothing we can do about it.

As I said, overall I think a longer spring would be good for KY high school football. But as LN states below, my fear is that it would hurt the spring sports.

As a wise coach once told me. If you emphasize something, you WILL get better at it...

Well, we agree that it would be good for football, and we agree it is better for the younger players not necessarily the starters. But, I think it can be important for the starters as well, not all the great athletes, or all the D1 recruits play basketball or baseball. But, overall, I agree it is most important for the younger players to get quality reps.

As for spring football hurting other sports, I have to respectfully disagree to a point. I don't think you can blame spring football for this, players are going to play what they want. And Spring football is only practice. Basketball and baseball does not seem to be worried about what their expanded seasons do to football. We all know that baseball has expanded to a 10 month sport, and basketball has expanded to basically a 12 month sport. Football still is less time involved then the other two sports. Now, I know you can lift and condition year around, but you are not playing spring games and summer games and winter games.

I would like to see Louisville Central turn the corne and actually beat some of the big boys this year. They have arguably the toughest schedule in the state. Playing the big boys helped them in the 3a playoffs but not beating any of those guys drained some fan support. There games should be sold out and beating the big boys this year will be a big key to regular season fan support

Well, we agree that it would be good for football, and we agree it is better for the younger players not necessarily the starters. But, I think it can be important for the starters as well, not all the great athletes, or all the D1 recruits play basketball or baseball. But, overall, I agree it is most important for the younger players to get quality reps.

As for spring football hurting other sports, I have to respectfully disagree to a point. I don't think you can blame spring football for this, players are going to play what they want. And Spring football is only practice. Basketball and baseball does not seem to be worried about what their expanded seasons do to football. We all know that baseball has expanded to a 10 month sport, and basketball has expanded to basically a 12 month sport. Football still is less time involved then the other two sports. Now, I know you can lift and condition year around, but you are not playing spring games and summer games and winter games.

You've never lived in Fort Thomas...:p

I'm not counting 'rec' ball. Basketball and baseball seasons aren't much different from football, only baseball's shorter.

Football=5 months

Basketball=5 months

Baseball=4 months

Clyde brings up a good point. Do we think an extra 10 days of practice in the spring closes the gap that much between other states?

Hell, Ohio starts basketball one month later than KY and has better basketball, overall...