What's the one thing you want to see from the 2008 season?

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TD

Now this wouldn't be the good folk(s) who want X to take 6a would it ????

(or anybody but T) :confused:

This would be Henry & other Bluebird friends! I have had the pleasure to tailgate with Henry on a couple of occasions....and boy does she know how to throw a party! :lol::lol::D

I have first hand experience, it would. It's amazing what 10 practices can teach a kid if they are willing to participate and buy in.

Are there some kids that might benefit? Yes. Does it affect a team's season or chance of winning? No.

I will settle for simply hearing the PA announcer in this category. When will that guy retire up at David Cecil Memorial Stadium? Seriously.

Really? I have to admit, I'm too into the game to listen to the PA guy. Its very similar to when I played. I never heard or paid any attention to the crowd cheering. I couldn't have cared less if there were 5,000 cheering fans or 5 of them. Frankly, I've never figured the use of a PA announcer anyway. The score is on the scoreboard; you can see from the sticks the down and distance; and if you buy a program you'll know the names of the opponents's players (you better already have committed to memory the names of the Birds' players). What else do you need a PA announcer for?

By the way, what does he do that bothers you?

You've never lived in Fort Thomas...:p

I'm not counting 'rec' ball. Basketball and baseball seasons aren't much different from football, only baseball's shorter.

Football=5 months

Basketball=5 months

Baseball=4 months

Clyde brings up a good point. Do we think an extra 10 days of practice in the spring closes the gap that much between other states?

Hell, Ohio starts basketball one month later than KY and has better basketball, overall...

As to the bolded question, heck yes I do. I'm actually sure of it.

Sorry my friend, but I do believe it. Ky has closed the gap considerably with Ohio football and I think the major reason for it is Spring football.

I'm not saying that spring football isn't possibly closing said gap, although I don't personally believe it is, I was just wondering how you were 'sure of it'...:D