Don't call Dallas Cowboys the NFC favorites

Things are so good with the Cowboys that minicamp gets canceled so the players can have a picnic.

Things are so bad with the Giants that tight end Jeremy Shockey and general manager Jerry Reese scream at each other during a workout in which Shockey is boycotting.

Things are so good with the Cowboys that Terrell Owens is all smiles, a happy camper with a new, $34 million deal.

Video.

Things are so bad with the Giants that wide receiver Plaxico Burress attends off-season workouts but refuses to participate because he's upset at making less than half of what Owens is getting.

But the reality is that if the Giants have taken full advantage of the New York media market to capitalize on their Super Bowl, the status of their troubles is much exaggerated, too.

And that's why they still go into the 2008 season as the favored team. Not the Cowboys.

And as for all the raves coming from Phillips the last month, what he's really telling us is that he's got a pretty good flag football team. That's what workouts in May and June amount to.

The real blocking and tackling doesn't get under way for another five weeks. And even then the regular season is six weeks away.

When it finally arrives, the team that should be regarded the highest is the team that accomplished something in the playoffs. Not the one that hasn't produced in the postseason in a decade and still has much to prove.

LINK

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Giants got hot at the right time last year and yes they are the defending super bowl champs, but the Cowboys are the defending NFC east champs and they beat the Giants twice last year so IMO they should be the favorite going into this season. GO COWBOYS!

The Giants got hot at the right time last year and yes they are the defending super bowl champs, but the Cowboys are the defending NFC east champs and they beat the Giants twice last year so IMO they should be the favorite going into this season. GO COWBOYS!

The Giants won the last game they played, when it mattered, with most of their starting secondary injured. :lol:

Geoffery Pope was one of the Giants corners for that game. Have you heard of him? I doubt it. He's definitely not going to make the team this year...because he was a practice squad player last year anyways.

I'll give the Cowboys the "NFC East Champions" label EVERY year if it means the Giants will be "SUPER BOWL CHAMPS". :lol:

Dallas can't even win a playoff game, why should they be considered NFC favorites?

The Giants won the last game they played, when it mattered, with most of their starting secondary injured. :lol:

Geoffery Pope was one of the Giants corners for that game. Have you heard of him? I doubt it. He's definitely not going to make the team this year...because he was a practice squad player last year anyways.

I'll give the Cowboys the "NFC East Champions" label EVERY year if it means the Giants will be "SUPER BOWL CHAMPS". :lol:

Dallas can't even win a playoff game, why should they be considered NFC favorites?

Because their due. :lol::lol:

HB20, don't want to hurt your feelings, which shouldn't get hurt in the first place because your G-Men won the ring. BUT to say the Giants were even one of the top three teams in the NFL last year would be a lie. They got hot at the right time last year, and even though they are the champs I see no reason why the Giants should be the favorite in the NFC.

No way the Giants should be favored again. Strahan is gone. Bradshaw may be facing some sort of suspension for off the field troubles. Plax and Shockey are both disgruntled and IMO one will probably be traded.

Giants are facing a lot of problems right now.

No way the Giants should be favored again. Strahan is gone. Bradshaw may be facing some sort of suspension for off the field troubles. Plax and Shockey are both disgruntled and IMO one will probably be traded.

Giants are facing a lot of problems right now.

No use in trying...He doesn't see it that way.

HB20, don't want to hurt your feelings, which shouldn't get hurt in the first place because your G-Men won the ring. BUT to say the Giants were even one of the top three teams in the NFL last year would be a lie. They got hot at the right time last year, and even though they are the champs I see no reason why the Giants should be the favorite in the NFC.

A lie? :lol: You are right, they weren't just a top 3 team. They were the BEST team. They won what...10 consecutive road games last year?

They nearly beat the Pats at home in week 17. They beat the Bucs, Cowboys and Packers on the ROAD. They beat the boys with a badly beat up secondary, and the Packers in the frozen tundra. They rarely lose there when it is that cold. Then they go and beat the Pats on a neutral field. That isn't just "getting hot". That's being a darn good team. The best, as a matter of fact.