Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shamrocks/Bluebirds 7 on 7

Featured Replies

Don't forget Ashland, Owensboro, and Hoptown.

 

I don't think that they should be included in conversations about Cov Cath, Bowling Green, and Highlands.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think that they should be included in conversations about Cov Cath, Bowling Green, and Highlands.

 

Hoptown has had a pretty strong program (at least as strong as Bowling Green) but have been down since reclassification a couple of years ago. I would include them in that list.

A very reasonable approach to 7 on 7s. Of course as a Centre grad, I would expect nothing less from you! And as I previously and other Highlands fans posted, your qb looks very good. I think Trinity is going to have an exceptional year passing the ball with him at the qb. While I wasn't there real long (less than an hour) I did have time to hear several Highlands fans, including one of our better known ones, comment very favorably on the passing scheme Trinity uses. Our dbs and lbers certainly benefitted greatly from the challenge of having to defend against it. And maybe our offensive coordinators picked up a wrinkle or two for us to put in our offense. I hope we do it again next year.

 

 

Very instructive and appreciated. Wish more "fans" - from both sides -would follow your lead and concentrate on providing comentary as well as observations. I find those posts to be much more beneficial and informative than "we won - you lost - we beat you"..etc. Especially at this stage of the pre-season. Thanks again.

:thumb::thumb:

Very instructive and appreciated. Wish more "fans" - from both sides -would follow your lead and concentrate on providing comentary as well as observations. I find those posts to be much more beneficial and informative than "we won - you lost - we beat you"..etc. Especially at this stage of the pre-season. Thanks again.

:thumb::thumb:

 

Amen

Do we have 18 or does Highlands????? Are you going for a 4th straight? Good luck and may all the kids stay healthy, that's the main thing. What about this Collingsworth kid? I didn't notice him today.

 

A lot of folks in KY hate us for our success. I am ok with that. Actually I love it. The folks at Highlands have the utmost respect for us and our program, as we should have for them. Don't start fights, especially when you are on the end of your own limb. I am glad the two premier programs in KY get together to TEST each other, and make each other better. That makes KY football better.

A lot of folks in KY hate us for our success. I am ok with that. Actually I love it. The folks at Highlands have the utmost respect for us and our program, as we should have for them. Don't start fights, especially when you are on the end of your own limb. I am glad the two premier programs in KY get together to TEST each other, and make each other better. That makes KY football better.

 

:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Cum ba la, my Lord, cum ba la.........

I don't think that they should be included in conversations about Cov Cath, Bowling Green, and Highlands.

 

I can see Ashland and maybe Hoptown, but Owensboro has had every bit as much success as Bowling Green in recent memory. I won't put them in the same breath as Highlands (very few are), maybe in the same sentence with CovCath (longer history, certainly behind in titles), but definately on the same ground as Bowling Green. If I'm not mistaken the 'Boro has more titles than BG and certainly has made it to the "big dance" more times.

 

In fact you'd find that the Hoptown/BG/Owensboro rivalry is a quite spirited one, if you ever make it out to our end of the state. A lot of people overlook the storied, rich history of Owensboro football.

Did this 7-on-7 really start at 9 a.m., as originally scheduled? What time did T leave Louisville to arrive and warm up? This was no accident that Coach Beatty scheduled the scrimmage like this. I think he was trying to send a message, subliminal or not, to this team. He is not afraid to go against the grain. Whether it proves successful this year, we'll just have to wait and see. He does have a good recent record of success, though.

Highlands will play someone from the GCL or Colerain a lot more frequently than Trinity does. Highlands will play anyone, anytime, anywhere. It's insane to say they are afraid to schedule Trinity.

Could someone who was there for the whole thing please explain the format of these two 7 on 7 games? Was the first game HHS' 1st string vs. T's 1st string, or what? Also, what were the final scores of these two games? Surely someone knows that!!!!!!!!

Could someone who was there for the whole thing please explain the format of these two 7 on 7 games? Was the first game HHS' 1st string vs. T's 1st string, or what? Also, what were the final scores of these two games? Surely someone knows that!!!!!!!!

 

What?! You mean the important thing isn't who's scared of whom? :lol:

Highlands will play someone from the GCL or Colerain a lot more frequently than Trinity does. Highlands will play anyone, anytime, anywhere. It's insane to say they are afraid to schedule Trinity.

 

 

It is insane, and as such, I can't believe you're responding to it. :lol:

 

To be fair, Trinity has shown they don't shirk competition either. They do play GCL schools, and have scheduled MBA. I would say it's fair to say that Trinity and Highlands will play anyone, anytime, anywhere.

 

You guys are worse than we are at taking things personally. :D

From what I've seen of limited 7-7's (and I did not make the T scrimmage). Coaches are mixing and matching all sorts of combinations of players and sets. Scores were not being kept (only by the few "ate up" spectators). It would be ludicrous to extrapolate a "game result" from viewing one of these contests. It's great competition/fun that let's coaches evaluate with a better yardstick than they maybe get in intrasquad scrimmage. See y'all at PJS in December!

Is there limits set on how many 7 on 7's a team can do?

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.