Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shamrocks/Bluebirds 7 on 7

Featured Replies

You do not appear to have much respect for the Class or the Teams which inhabit 6A. Also, I feel you are off on the "size assessment" comparision. It is cowardly for T to schedule the likes of a Montgomery Bell and/ or Cincy St. X. I fear that impressing you would be a monumental task.

 

Jim, I think Henry has a valid point. Your use of the word cowardly in your response indicates that you are reacting with emotion and not logic as Henry never implied anything close to Trinity being cowardly. She stated she was impressed with T and their performance. Scheduling the two teams you mentioned is impressive, but neither one has twice T's enrollment. And I hope for cred's sake you aren't going to deny that size of enrollment has a huge impact in football.

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure what game this guy was watching unless it was second string but Highlands never beat Trinity's first?

 

Oh, so you were the Trinity fan sitting up behind me that I was referring to in my post. Glad you made it home safely.:thumb:

 

Perhaps it is best that Highlands doesn't play Trinity in the regular season as I fear, based on this thread, that if they were to play, by the time the game got around to being played, 90% of the Highlands and Trinity fans would have been thrown off of here.

Do we have 18 or does Highlands????? Are you going for a 4th straight? Good luck and may all the kids stay healthy, that's the main thing. What about this Collingsworth kid? I didn't notice him today.

 

I guess you had your eyes closed then...:rolleyes:

L/N, actually Bardo did get to play QB after you left. He had several series yesterday and threw the ball well. Both QB's look very good during the 7 on 7's that we have seen so far.

As for the 7 on 7 passing yesterday I really was looking forward to reading about how the teams matched up and how this player did well or some constructive criticism... Not the case after reading some of gorocks9 remarks and then calling out a player and asking if he were on the field???

Hey gorocks9 if you don't have anything better to say about the game do me a favor and keep your immature remarks to yourself!!!

I watched the entire 7 v 7 competition between Highlands and Trinity yesterday and I'm not sure if it was possible to tell which team won. I know Highlands substituted a number of younger players in and out on offense and defense. I thought both teams looked outstanding. I thought both teams got outstanding play from their quarterbacks. Both teams moved the ball well on offense against the #1 and #2 defenses of the other team. Both teams were disciplined and in top physical condition.

 

Austin Collinsworth of Highlands was probably the best receiver on the field. He has tremendous speed and great hands and will be a major college prospect.

 

It's total speculation to say which program is the best. I have no doubt, however, that a game between Highlands and Trinity at the end of last season would probably have gone down to the last play before the winner was determined.

Not sure what game this guy was watching unless it was second string but Highlands never beat Trinity's first?

 

Since you're new here I'll just suggest you search over past posts before you question "this guy's" knowledge of the game and unbiased reporting of what he sees.

Does Coach Beatty know you're up this late????

 

Now that's good stuff there!!!

 

I think the message was clear what Trinity was sending yesterday in the "7 on 7" competition. Now if a poster wants to declare their team is better because of what happened on the JV level two years ago, then have at it. To each his own right! I think I'll agree with the "spirited of play" by some mentioned earlier in another post and leave it at that.

I really don't care who won the scrimmage. The main thing is Trinity got over a hundred reps against one of the best teams in the state. By all accounts it appears that Cameron Smyth, the new quarteback, handled himslef very well against a top notch team. That is very impressive, and speaks volumes about Cameron and the staff based on the lack of experience he's had at qb in his years at Trinity.

I really don't care who won the scrimmage. The main thing is Trinity got over a hundred reps against one of the best teams in the state. By all accounts it appears that Cameron Smyth, the new quarteback, handled himslef very well against a top notch team. That is very impressive, and speaks volumes about Cameron and the staff based on the lack of experience he's had at qb in his years at Trinity.

 

:thumb: I agree, your QB looked very smooth yesterday.

The game Highlands won was against Trinity's second team. They never beat the first team. And enough talk about Highlands playing Trinity and how Bob Beatty won't schedule a game. We played them in JV two years ago twice and we won both times by a good margin. Yes, Highlands is a good team; but it is a big step up playing teams like Trinity and St. X. It's a whole different speed and game.

 

So when Austin Collinsworth blew by not 1 but 2 T's defenders to score a TD in Highlands 1st series was a fluke. So when do your 1st teamers actually come out. Or did you guys even bring your 1st teamers. Come on, give me a break. I remember a Trinity coach yelling how in gods name can that kid be that wide open. And are you serious about the bolded part. Huh, i guess you guys brought your 2nd teamers to Montgomery county in 2000. Oh and a couple of years before that when Highlands beat X in Lexington when X was rated 4th in the country. We can compete with you guys and that is what bothers you. Other than that i was very impressed with T's Qb on Wed.

So when Austin Collinsworth blew by not 1 but 2 T's defenders to score a TD in Highlands 1st series was a fluke. So when do your 1st teamers actually come out. Or did you guys even bring your 1st teamers. Come on, give me a break. I remember a Trinity coach yelling how in gods name can that kid be that wide open. And are you serious about the bolded part. Huh, i guess you guys brought your 2nd teamers to Montgomery county in 2000. Oh and a couple of years before that when Highlands beat X in Lexington when X was rated 4th in the country. We can compete with you guys and that is what bothers you. Other than that i was very impressed with T's Qb on Wed.

 

When exactly did Highlands beat Louisville X in Lexington?

When exactly did Highlands beat Louisville X in Lexington?

 

1996!!!! The same year they went 15-0 with Justin Frisk. We played them at Tates Creek in a bowl game. X had the d-lineman that went to Tenn. Great game and a huge step for Highlands Football!!!!

I really don't care who won the scrimmage. The main thing is Trinity got over a hundred reps against one of the best teams in the state. By all accounts it appears that Cameron Smyth, the new quarteback, handled himslef very well against a top notch team. That is very impressive, and speaks volumes about Cameron and the staff based on the lack of experience he's had at qb in his years at Trinity.

 

A very reasonable approach to 7 on 7s. Of course as a Centre grad, I would expect nothing less from you! And as I previously and other Highlands fans posted, your qb looks very good. I think Trinity is going to have an exceptional year passing the ball with him at the qb. While I wasn't there real long (less than an hour) I did have time to hear several Highlands fans, including one of our better known ones, comment very favorably on the passing scheme Trinity uses. Our dbs and lbers certainly benefitted greatly from the challenge of having to defend against it. And maybe our offensive coordinators picked up a wrinkle or two for us to put in our offense. I hope we do it again next year.

Why doesn't HHS use a center in the 7-7's? I would think that with a newbie at the position this year any chance for reps with the QB's would be welcomed. But then again, who told me to think?

Did Trinity have all their skilled players at Highlands today? Whiting looks to be the real deal. How tall and what kind of weight does he play?

 

Only missing one receiver that I know of. As for Whiting, 6'0 and 228 lbs.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.