Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shamrocks/Bluebirds 7 on 7

Featured Replies

This is taking place Wed. at 9:30 a.m. (approx.) at Highlands. Just curious who will be making the trip from the Ville?

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will some BGP'ers please post some insights about this game after it's over? Thanks!

Who will the Birds be utilizing at the skilled positions?

Would love to be there..........but...................the old day job thing...........I echo the request for updates and/or post-match analysis....................now be objective............................thanks.................:thumb:

This is taking place Wed. at 9:30 a.m. (approx.) at Highlands. Just curious who will be making the trip from the Ville?

Henry, I'll be there. Better get there early if you want a good seat.LOL

I was able to watch some of the competition. I missed the first H vs T matchup and don't know the results of that one. I had to leave with about 2 minutes left in the second matchup and I believe Highlands was winning 2-1. Things were getting a little chippy in the second matchup. A T outside lber threw a forearm under the face mask of a Highlands receiver and the Highlands receiver didn't appreciate it one dang bit.:D For the next couple of plays, things got a bit more physical but the coaches quickly put a stop to it. As often happens, something could have happened on a prior play and I missed it, but the forearm was uncalled for and the T lber was temporarily pulled from the competition by the T coaches.

 

Trinity has a very nice passing game. Receivers run crisp routes and the qb throws a very nice football. Same observation on the Birds. There was a no doubter offensive pick by Highlands on one play; then again on the next play there was a no doubter defensive pass interference by Trinity. Both Highlands and Trinity looked considerably better than the two other schools (Withrow and Fairfield from Ohio).

 

I do have to a admit I got a chuckle when a Trinity fan sitting at the top of the bleachers started the "Bluebirds don't want any part of playing Trinity during the regular season and won't schedule us" stuff. I've asked Dale directly if Beatty has called him and tried to schedule a game and Dale told me he has not. Then again, I don't know if Dale has ever picked up the phone and called Beatty.:D

 

Phillips is fast. Reminds me a lot of Jordan Kramer from a couple of years ago. Maybe a little bigger in the chest but no much. The Whiting kid is big, but appeared gassed at times. I'm sure come the regular season that won't be a problem. I got a feeling he can lay a lick on ball carriers.

 

That's all I know folks.

I was able to watch some of the competition. I missed the first H vs T matchup and don't know the results of that one. I had to leave with about 2 minutes left in the second matchup and I believe Highlands was winning 2-1. Things were getting a little chippy in the second matchup. A T outside lber threw a forearm under the face mask of a Highlands receiver and the Highlands receiver didn't appreciate it one dang bit.:D For the next couple of plays, things got a bit more physical but the coaches quickly put a stop to it. As often happens, something could have happened on a prior play and I missed it, but the forearm was uncalled for and the T lber was temporarily pulled from the competition by the T coaches.

 

Trinity has a very nice passing game. Receivers run crisp routes and the qb throws a very nice football. Same observation on the Birds. There was a no doubter offensive pick by Highlands on one play; then again on the next play there was a no doubter defensive pass interference by Trinity. Both Highlands and Trinity looked considerably better than the two other schools (Withrow and Fairfield from Ohio).

 

I do have to a admit I got a chuckle when a Trinity fan sitting at the top of the bleachers started the "Bluebirds don't want any part of playing Trinity during the regular season and won't schedule us" stuff. I've asked Dale directly if Beatty has called him and tried to schedule a game and Dale told me he has not. Then again, I don't know if Dale has ever picked up the phone and called Beatty.:D

 

Phillips is fast. Reminds me a lot of Jordan Kramer from a couple of years ago. Maybe a little bigger in the chest but no much. The Whiting kid is big, but appeared gassed at times. I'm sure come the regular season that won't be a problem. I got a feeling he can lay a lick on ball carriers.

 

That's all I know folks.

 

Thank you. Good analysis. Appreciate. Good luck to you this year.

Nothing wrong with a little "aggressive" play and spirited competition as long as there are no cheap shots.

 

How did the HHS qbs fare?

Nothing wrong with a little "aggressive" play and spirited competition as long as there are no cheap shots.

 

How did the HHS qbs fare?

 

Guidugli got all the snaps while I was there and Bardo played defensive back and had a nice interception in the flats against Trinity. If Bardo doesn't start at qb, he's going to be a very nice defensive back. I thought Guidugli threw the ball very well. All in all, I'd say T and H were pretty equal with one another although I think T's pass scheme is more sophisticated than Highlands. They certainly use more offensive sets than H does.

Thank you. Good analysis. Appreciate. Good luck to you this year.

 

Thanks and good luck to you guys also.

Was Jake Turner in the secondary for the Birds? Possibly Safety?

Was Jake Turner in the secondary for the Birds? Possibly Safety?

 

I don't recall seeing him on defense, but I wasn't there that long.

Edited by Ram
Rule 13

I do have to a admit I got a chuckle when a Trinity fan sitting at the top of the bleachers started the "Bluebirds don't want any part of playing Trinity during the regular season and won't schedule us" stuff. I've asked Dale directly if Beatty has called him and tried to schedule a game and Dale told me he has not. Then again, I don't know if Dale has ever picked up the phone and called Beatty.:D

 

Not sure why they don't but the 'Rocks & the 'Birds should get it on every year...

I do have to a admit I got a chuckle when a Trinity fan sitting at the top of the bleachers started the "Bluebirds don't want any part of playing Trinity during the regular season and won't schedule us" stuff. I've asked Dale directly if Beatty has called him and tried to schedule a game and Dale told me he has not. Then again, I don't know if Dale has ever picked up the phone and called Beatty.:D

 

Not sure why they don't but the 'Rocks & the 'Birds should get it on every year...

 

They're too busy ducking each other. HHS fills in with some no names like Elder and Colerain while T schedules some patsy like Cinti St X. Go figure.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.