Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shamrocks/Bluebirds 7 on 7

Featured Replies

Why doesn't HHS use a center in the 7-7's? I would think that with a newbie at the position this year any chance for reps with the QB's would be welcomed. But then again, who told me to think?

 

I have to assume its because while the 7 on 7s are going on, Highlands centers are working on drills with the other linemen developing skills that can't be developed by the centers working alone. For example its hard to effectively practice chip and step around blocks with the guards that will play next to you if you aren't available during those drills because you are up topside doing snaps for the 7s. Tough to do sled drills with two other centers. Whereas, practicing snaps can be done alone by the centers and the qbs after practice, which they do a lot. That would be my guess as to why they don't use their centers in the 7s. And there is a reason no one told you to think. It would be a futile effort.:D:D:D:D Just kidding my friend, but you set yourself up for that one.:thumb:

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I said, those can't be counted. Only the real games matter; and the last one of those was all Highlands. :thumb:

 

You must have missed the second half at Montgomery County in Beatty's first game at Trinity. It's one all. Per Coach Mueller quote yesterday, "we get kids from all over". You are not a typical 800 student school. It's amazing to me all the work physical plant and yet the enrollment rarely changes. For now, you are tied with the Celtics with 17 titles:D.

 

Trinity receives the phone calls from opponents. There's not much tradition in 5A, so I don't blame you for playing up. 4A does have LexCath.

You must have missed the second half at Montgomery County in Beatty's first game at Trinity. It's one all. Per Coach Mueller quote yesterday, "we get kids from all over". You are not a typical 800 student school. It's amazing to me all the work physical plant and yet the enrollment rarely changes. For now, you are tied with the Celtics with 17 titles:D.

 

Trinity receives the phone calls from opponents. There's not much tradition in 5A, so I don't blame you for playing up. 4A does have LexCath.

 

I'll let the Bowling Green and CovCath folks address the bolded comment.

The game Highlands won was against Trinity's second team. They never beat the first team. And enough talk about Highlands playing Trinity and how Bob Beatty won't schedule a game. We played them in JV two years ago twice and we won both times by a good margin. Yes, Highlands is a good team; but it is a big step up playing teams like Trinity and St. X. It's a whole different speed and game.

 

I disagree with this statement. The Highlands boys have just as much speed and have played some of the best teams in the country/tri state so they know the Trinity type of game. Trinity simply has more athletes and there is nothing Highlands can do about their enrollment figures. Highlands gets the most for their buck as they are much smaller and have the state titles to prove it. I talked to a very reliable source, better than anyone on this board and he said Trinity had some phenominal athletes but they simply wore the Birds out due to having two separate platoons. The Highlands boys having to go both ways ended up hurting them by the 3rd hour.

 

Trinity is in a metro area such as Cincinnati and what they should do is play these teams throughout the year. Moeller, ST. X Cincy, LaSalle, Colerain, INdianapolis Cathedral, etc. They should create a TRi-State Championship and let teams this size play for it.

I really don't care who won the scrimmage. The main thing is Trinity got over a hundred reps against one of the best teams in the state. By all accounts it appears that Cameron Smyth, the new quarteback, handled himslef very well against a top notch team. That is very impressive, and speaks volumes about Cameron and the staff based on the lack of experience he's had at qb in his years at Trinity.

CR this is exactly the point of 7 on 7, you are on the money. it is all about timing and to have the opportunity to do that work against one of the best programs in the state is priceless!

I watched the entire 7 v 7 competition between Highlands and Trinity yesterday and I'm not sure if it was possible to tell which team won. I know Highlands substituted a number of younger players in and out on offense and defense. I thought both teams looked outstanding. I thought both teams got outstanding play from their quarterbacks. Both teams moved the ball well on offense against the #1 and #2 defenses of the other team. Both teams were disciplined and in top physical condition.

 

Austin Collinsworth of Highlands was probably the best receiver on the field. He has tremendous speed and great hands and will be a major college prospect.

 

It's total speculation to say which program is the best. I have no doubt, however, that a game between Highlands and Trinity at the end of last season would probably have gone down to the last play before the winner was determined.

 

I think yours was one of the most constructive and instructive posts on this topic. VEry well said. Both are great programs. How wise of both to engage in such competition --in order to improve. I think both should be commended for doing so.:ylsuper:

I was impressed with the Cincinnati folks keeping their cool. Usually there is a flare-up or two.

 

Louisville area generally does not permit throwing a screen pass to a running back. You must catch the ball past the line of scrimmage.

 

The eighth man who sometimes remains stationary and sometimes rushes the qb without making contact is to my knowldege rare in other parts of the country. There are a couple of schools in Louisville area who like to do this.

 

Trinity used four qbs (1 SR, 2 JR and 1 SO).

 

I bet parking is a real pain during the regular season at Highlands. The Blue H at mid-field is a nice touch. Losing the seats due to renovation on the "building side" of the field hurts. A "luxury box" on top of the building would be interesting. Are the woods behind the stands property of HHS?

 

The access the fans have to the players from the stands is rare. Does HHS bench occupy the building side of the field during the regular season?

 

That's the fourth time I have visited the Birds nest. I witnessed the Male/HHS contest which was called at halftime and I have seen three 7/7 competitions.

 

The person in charge of the scoreboard sign with all the state titles needs to update the list;). Also, I believe you should add the undisputed titles prior to 1959. St. Xavier counts their two. Visit louisvillehsfootball.com and see if you see any corrections that need to be made to the list of "mythical" titles.

 

Best part of the day, no injuries:thumb:. Time consuming part of the day, 1-71 accident and subsequent traffic tie up.

 

On a serious note: it is unfortunate that a Ohio motorist was killed when his tire blew out heading north and he came across the median and collided head on with a tractor-trailer in the south bound lanes. This occured at mile marker 34.

You must have missed the second half at Montgomery County in Beatty's first game at Trinity. It's one all. Per Coach Mueller quote yesterday, "we get kids from all over". You are not a typical 800 student school. It's amazing to me all the work physical plant and yet the enrollment rarely changes. For now, you are tied with the Celtics with 17 titles:D.

 

Trinity receives the phone calls from opponents. There's not much tradition in 5A, so I don't blame you for playing up. 4A does have LexCath.

All I can do is laugh! :laugh:

 

 

:rolleyes:

I'll let the Bowling Green and CovCath folks address the bolded comment.
Exactly! It's clearly the most competitive top to bottom.
I think yours was one of the most constructive and instructive posts on this topic. VEry well said. Both are great programs. How wise of both to engage in such competition --in order to improve. I think both should be commended for doing so.:ylsuper:
:thumb:
I bet parking is a real pain during the regular season at Highlands. The Blue H at mid-field is a nice touch. Losing the seats due to renovation on the "building side" of the field hurts. A "luxury box" on top of the building would be interesting. Are the woods behind the stands property of HHS?

 

The access the fans have to the players from the stands is rare. Does HHS bench occupy the building side of the field during the regular season?

 

I attend a game or two, usually marquee matchups, and I've never had a problem with parking in Ft Thomas, I usually have a 5 minute walk to the front gate.

 

HHS occupies the building side of the field.

Losing the seats due to renovation on the "building side" of the field hurts. A "luxury box" on top of the building would be interesting. Are the woods behind the stands property of HHS?

 

The access the fans have to the players from the stands is rare. Does HHS bench occupy the building side of the field during the regular season?

There never were any seats on the building side of the field.

 

There is sort of a "luxury box" but it tends to move around from year to year. :lol:

 

The HHS bench is always on the building side of the field.

 

Oh, and I think we should claim our mythical state titles too! :thumb:

I'll let the Bowling Green and CovCath folks address the bolded comment.

 

Don't forget Ashland, Owensboro, and Hoptown.

I was impressed with the Cincinnati folks keeping their cool. Usually there is a flare-up or two.

 

Louisville area generally does not permit throwing a screen pass to a running back. You must catch the ball past the line of scrimmage.

 

The eighth man who sometimes remains stationary and sometimes rushes the qb without making contact is to my knowldege rare in other parts of the country. There are a couple of schools in Louisville area who like to do this.

 

Trinity used four qbs (1 SR, 2 JR and 1 SO).

 

I bet parking is a real pain during the regular season at Highlands. The Blue H at mid-field is a nice touch. Losing the seats due to renovation on the "building side" of the field hurts. A "luxury box" on top of the building would be interesting. Are the woods behind the stands property of HHS?

 

The access the fans have to the players from the stands is rare. Does HHS bench occupy the building side of the field during the regular season?

 

That's the fourth time I have visited the Birds nest. I witnessed the Male/HHS contest which was called at halftime and I have seen three 7/7 competitions.

 

The person in charge of the scoreboard sign with all the state titles needs to update the list;). Also, I believe you should add the undisputed titles prior to 1959. St. Xavier counts their two. Visit louisvillehsfootball.com and see if you see any corrections that need to be made to the list of "mythical" titles.

 

Best part of the day, no injuries:thumb:. Time consuming part of the day, 1-71 accident and subsequent traffic tie up.

 

On a serious note: it is unfortunate that a Ohio motorist was killed when his tire blew out heading north and he came across the median and collided head on with a tractor-trailer in the south bound lanes. This occured at mile marker 34.

 

Well the next time you visit it still might not be updated. As far as the Entrance arch, Private Donation!!!!! It was updated within a week of the state title last year. :thumb:

Well the next time you visit it still might not be updated. As far as the Entrance arch, Private Donation!!!!! It was updated within a week of the state title last year. :thumb:

 

What took so long on the arch????? JK... His real job must have held him up!

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.