Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Shamrocks/Bluebirds 7 on 7

Featured Replies

I was able to watch some of the competition. I missed the first H vs T matchup and don't know the results of that one. I had to leave with about 2 minutes left in the second matchup and I believe Highlands was winning 2-1. Things were getting a little chippy in the second matchup. A T outside lber threw a forearm under the face mask of a Highlands receiver and the Highlands receiver didn't appreciate it one dang bit. For the next couple of plays, things got a bit more physical but the coaches quickly put a stop to it. As often happens, something could have happened on a prior play and I missed it, but the forearm was uncalled for and the T lber was temporarily pulled from the competition by the T coaches.

 

Trinity has a very nice passing game. Receivers run crisp routes and the qb throws a very nice football. Same observation on the Birds. There was a no doubter offensive pick by Highlands on one play; then again on the next play there was a no doubter defensive pass interference by Trinity. Both Highlands and Trinity looked considerably better than the two other schools (Withrow and Fairfield from Ohio).

 

I do have to a admit I got a chuckle when a Trinity fan sitting at the top of the bleachers started the "Bluebirds don't want any part of playing Trinity during the regular season and won't schedule us" stuff. I've asked Dale directly if Beatty has called him and tried to schedule a game and Dale told me he has not. Then again, I don't know if Dale has ever picked up the phone and called Beatty.

 

Phillips is fast. Reminds me a lot of Jordan Kramer from a couple of years ago. Maybe a little bigger in the chest but no much. The Whiting kid is big, but appeared gassed at times. I'm sure come the regular season that won't be a problem. I got a feeling he can lay a lick on ball carriers.

 

That's all I know folks.

 

Not sure what game this guy was watching unless it was second string but Highlands never beat Trinity's first?

Edited by Birdsfan

  • Replies 124
  • Views 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author
I was able to watch some of the competition. I missed the first H vs T matchup and don't know the results of that one. I had to leave with about 2 minutes left in the second matchup and I believe Highlands was winning 2-1. Things were getting a little chippy in the second matchup. A T outside lber threw a forearm under the face mask of a Highlands receiver and the Highlands receiver didn't appreciate it one dang bit. For the next couple of plays, things got a bit more physical but the coaches quickly put a stop to it. As often happens, something could have happened on a prior play and I missed it, but the forearm was uncalled for and the T lber was temporarily pulled from the competition by the T coaches.

 

Trinity has a very nice passing game. Receivers run crisp routes and the qb throws a very nice football. Same observation on the Birds. There was a no doubter offensive pick by Highlands on one play; then again on the next play there was a no doubter defensive pass interference by Trinity. Both Highlands and Trinity looked considerably better than the two other schools (Withrow and Fairfield from Ohio).

 

I do have to a admit I got a chuckle when a Trinity fan sitting at the top of the bleachers started the "Bluebirds don't want any part of playing Trinity during the regular season and won't schedule us" stuff. I've asked Dale directly if Beatty has called him and tried to schedule a game and Dale told me he has not. Then again, I don't know if Dale has ever picked up the phone and called Beatty.

 

Phillips is fast. Reminds me a lot of Jordan Kramer from a couple of years ago. Maybe a little bigger in the chest but no much. The Whiting kid is big, but appeared gassed at times. I'm sure come the regular season that won't be a problem. I got a feeling he can lay a lick on ball carriers.

 

That's all I know folks.

 

Not sure what game this guy was watching unless it was second string but Highlands never beat Trinity's first?

 

You had your Green colored glasses on today.:D

Edited by Birdsfan

Obviously you don't know the reason. For one (and the only necessary reason), such a request would be futile. If you weren't already aware, the KHSAA only allows teams to move up if they are geographically isolated, and then it is to the next highest class that will result in them not being geographically isolated. I was told that by a member of the BOC so I have it on pretty good authority. In Highlands case, that is 5A. So to answer your question, Highlands cannot move up to 6A. While I respect Trinity, when Trinity starts scheduling teams twice and three times their size, then I'll be really impressed with them. Winning 6A almost every year is very impressive. But, and there is always a but, almost every team [/b](or is it every team?) in 6A is smaller than T. Whereas every team in 5A is bigger than Highlands, which to me is even more impressive.:thumb:

 

You do not appear to have much respect for the Class or the Teams which inhabit 6A. Also, I feel you are off on the "size assessment" comparision. It is cowardly for T to schedule the likes of a Montgomery Bell and/ or Cincy St. X. I fear that impressing you would be a monumental task.

The game Highlands won was against Trinity's second team. They never beat the first team. And enough talk about Highlands playing Trinity and how Bob Beatty won't schedule a game. We played them in JV two years ago twice and we won both times by a good margin. Yes, Highlands is a good team; but it is a big step up playing teams like Trinity and St. X. It's a whole different speed and game.

Edited by Birdsfan
Rule 13

The game Highlands won was against Trinity's second team. They never beat the first team.. and enough talk about Highlands playing Trinity and how Bob Beatty won't schedule a game.. We played them in JV two years ago twice and we won both times by a good margin. Yes, Highlands is a good team, but it is a big step up playing teams like Trinity and St. X. It's a whole different speed and game.
No, it would be roughly even most years.

How's that? You haven't won in over 6 years or more that I remember? And you lost today?

How's that? You haven't won in over 6 years or more that I remember? And you lost today?
We haven't played in many years. Scrimmages and 7 on 7's are not real games.

 

Most of the fans on both sides would love to see a regular match-up between these two.

I agee but these teams did play two years ago, twice, and it was in T side both times as well as the seven on seven which they have won.

I would agree but that won't happen with the classes. Highlands has a good team but I don't think that they will be up with the Trinity's.

I agee but these teams did play two years ago, twice...
As I said, those can't be counted. Only the real games matter; and the last one of those was all Highlands. :thumb:

Do we have 18 or does Highlands????? Are you going for a 4th straight? Good luck and may all the kids stay healthy, that's the main thing. What about this Collingsworth kid? I didn't notice him today.

I would agree but that won't happen with the classes. Highlands has a good team but I don't think that they will be up with the Trinity's.
Most years the Birds would have a hard time dealing with Trinity's depth but your opinion on today's outcome was way off base. The Bird's first series on O wasn't even their starting receiver's or te and that unit scored against your #1's.

As for the Birds matching the Rock's speed, I would be willing to bet that only the phillips kid has the edge over the Bird's.

Do we have 18 or does Highlands????? Are you going for a 4th straight?
Weak. :lol:
Do we have 18 or does Highlands????? Are you going for a 4th straight? Good luck and may all the kids stay healthy, that's the main thing. What about this Collingsworth kid? I didn't notice him today.
Does Coach Beatty know you're up this late????

Check the KHSAA track results for the rest of the kids????

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.