Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds to Trade Griffey Jr.?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 130
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Patterson sucks, and Freel has proven that he is not an everyday player. Baker has shown he won't give Hopper a fair shot.

 

I don't disagree. But, the money freed up when losing the near 30 million Griffey and Dunn are taking, will allow the front office to make some moves. (I HOPE)

 

I am starting to think the city of cincy is doomed when it comes to professional sports

Couldn't agree more. I am ready to play the young guns. It seems to be doing well in Arizona and Florida.
Both of those teams have had productive farm systems. In Florida's case, they've made an obvious strategy of trading good veteran players for young talent.

 

The Reds have missed out on that windown by holding on to Dunn and Griffey for so long.

I don't either, the Indians have a great clubhouse and team chemistry so why would they want to bring Bonds in? Maybe Griff to Cleveland? They have young pitching too.

 

I can honestly say I am for one not getting into the 600 chase like I thought I would, I am just not feeling the hype around town. So I think it's time for Ken and bottom feeder attitude Adam Dunn to be finally shipped out for a young lefty starter or lefty bat. I am not saying this to badly bash Dunn, but I want to see the losing attitude gone, and for players like Brandon, Edwin, Votto, the slew of young pitching, and hopefully Jay Bruce to start leading this team where they can go with the right frame of mind.

I can honestly say I am for one not getting into the 600 chase like I thought I would, I am just not feeling the hype around town. So I think it's time for Ken and bottom feeder attitude Adam Dunn to be finally shipped out for a young lefty starter or lefty bat. I am not saying this to badly bash Dunn, but I want to see the losing attitude gone, and for players like Brandon, Edwin, Votto, the slew of young pitching, and hopefully Jay Bruce to start leading this team where they can go with the right frame of mind.

 

Griffey for a young lefty starter? Maybe I haven't followed MLB long enough but I don't think there is any chance of that happening.

Griffey for a young lefty starter? Maybe I haven't followed MLB long enough but I don't think there is any chance of that happening.

 

Well I know it is a long shot, but if Walt can work some kind of package deal or three team deal to send Dunn and/or Griff I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. But why so down on the idea.

I would like to see Dunn, Griffey, Patterson, Weathers, Ross and Coffey to the Rangers for Hamilton, Salty and some prospects.:D

I would like to see Dunn, Griffey, Patterson, Weathers, Ross and Coffey to the Rangers for Hamilton, Salty and some prospects.:D

 

Dream on, no one is going to pay too highly for the first two when they can wait a few months and sign them anyway. It is time for Reds fans to face the facts, Dunn and Griffey aren't drawing top line prospects when they are a 2 month rental. And most of the rest of the league is darn glad that the Reds have Ross, Weathers, Patterson and Coffey on their roster.

I would like to see Dunn, Griffey, Patterson, Weathers, Ross and Coffey to the Rangers for Hamilton, Salty and some prospects.:D

 

If Texas wanted Dunn, he would be there right now. The Rangers were very smart in demanding the Reds best outfielder.

Just heard on ESPN, that the Rangers were the last major league team to reach double digits in wins this season. If that is true, the trade and Hamilton's success has put them in worse position than the Reds.

Just heard on ESPN, that the Rangers were the last major league team to reach double digits in wins this season. If that is true, the trade and Hamilton's success has put them in worse position than the Reds.

 

Point being?

If Texas wanted Dunn, he would be there right now. The Rangers were very smart in demanding the Reds best outfielder.

 

Speaking of Texas, who was that that the Reds traded for someone and now that Ranger is tops in the MLB in RBI's?

 

I'll stop hijacking the thread now.

Speaking of Texas, who was that that the Reds traded for someone and now that Ranger is tops in the MLB in RBI's?

 

I'll stop hijacking the thread now.

 

 

And as post #70 points out the Rangers are the worst team in MLB. I don't care if Hamilton drives in 200 runs, it was still a good trade for the Reds.

And as post #70 points out the Rangers are the worst team in MLB. I don't care if Hamilton drives in 200 runs, it was still a good trade for the Reds.

 

I don't disagree with that. However, when it comes to SO's vs. RBI's, I'll take the RBI's.

Junior is overweight? Won't you guys give the guy some credit since he is the only new 500 Club HR member who is not linked to steroids. APPRECIATE what the heck you have in a FIRST BALLOT HALL-of-FAMER!!!

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.