May 2, 200818 yr I don't disagree with that. However, when it comes to SO's vs. RBI's, I'll take the RBI's. I will take Volquez and his pitching.
May 2, 200818 yr Well I know it is a long shot, but if Walt can work some kind of package deal or three team deal to send Dunn and/or Griff I wouldn't hesitate to pull the trigger. But why so down on the idea. Lol... I don't think he's down on it. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was just dismissing your idea, because it's not even close to reality.
May 3, 200818 yr And as post #70 points out the Rangers are the worst team in MLB. I don't care if Hamilton drives in 200 runs, it was still a good trade for the Reds. Texas is one game behind the Reds. So what's the point? If Dunn is so precious and valuable, why did Texas want Hamilton instead??
May 3, 200818 yr I don't disagree with that. However, when it comes to SO's vs. RBI's, I'll take the RBI's.What the heck does strikeouts have to do with Volquez's performance? He's 4-0 with an ERA in the ones and looks like he's in the rotation to stay ... that is what matters.
May 3, 200818 yr Texas is one game behind the Reds. So what's the point? If Dunn is so precious and valuable, why did Texas want Hamilton instead?? When did I, or anyone ever say that Dunn was more valuable than Hamilton? :confused:
May 3, 200818 yr When did I, or anyone ever say that Dunn was more valuable than Hamilton? :confused: You didn't. But pointing out Texas' record as the worst when they are ONE game worst than the Reds is not a good argument. As far as the Donkey, many have Dunn as irreplacable. How many times have we heard the bogus, you can't replace the production argument? I also think right now the trade is a wash. Both players are performing extremely well, on equally poor teams.
May 3, 200818 yr You didn't. But pointing out Texas' record as the worst when they are ONE game worst than the Reds is not a good argument. As far as the Donkey, many have Dunn as irreplacable. How many times have we heard the bogus, you can't replace the production argument? I also think right now the trade is a wash. Both players are performing extremely well, on equally poor teams. The point is pitching wins championships. I don't care how many big boppers you have. You would have thought Texas would have learned their lesson when they mortgaged the farm to sign A-Rod. Texas has tried for years to develop good young pitching, and when they finally get one, they trade him away.
May 3, 200818 yr The point is pitching wins championships. I don't care how many big boppers you have. You would have thought Texas would have learned their lesson when they mortgaged the farm to sign A-Rod. Texas has tried for years to develop good young pitching, and when they finally get one, they trade him away. I really don't care about Texas. And I agree about the pitching and championship thing. But you have to push a few across to win.
May 3, 200818 yr Okay, mal.....Do you think the Reds would have been better off NOT trading Hamilton for Volquez?
May 3, 200818 yr I really don't care about Texas. And I agree about the pitching and championship thing. But you have to push a few across to win. Dude....
May 3, 200818 yr Okay, mal.....Do you think the Reds would have been better off NOT trading Hamilton for Volquez? Nope. I never said that.
May 3, 200818 yr Okay, mal.....Do you think the Reds would have been better off NOT trading Hamilton for Volquez? Yes, I believe they had the option of trading Bruce or Votto for Volquez and keeping Hamilton.
May 3, 200818 yr Yes, I believe they had the option of trading Bruce or Votto for Volquez and keeping Hamilton. Bruce will be as good, if not better than Hamilton. Just gotta get him up here, and nows as good a time as any. Don't care if he's not "going" to be a leadoff hitter, or CFder, but he can do better than what we have at the present.
May 3, 200818 yr Bruce will be as good, if not better than Hamilton. Just gotta get him up here, and nows as good a time as any. Don't care if he's not "going" to be a leadoff hitter, or CFder, but he can do better than what we have at the present. Send Dunn down! That would be hysterical.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.