Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds to Trade Griffey Jr.?

Featured Replies

With what you are getting currently, you could flip a coin and get more than what you're getting out of Dunn and Griffey. So that is addition by subtraction. Unload the dead $. Next, I say that given a real shot here, Bruce is as promising as anyone we've had in some time. I think E5 and Votto can produce runs along with BP. Add Kepp and Hopper and you have 2 guys who'll scare .300 and have a better than average OBP. Gonzo comes back and you have a solid middle infield. I don't care if you move E5 to the outfield or not, Kepp needs to play everyday. If you open up 2 outfield positions, put Hopper and Bruce in those slots. You can paint it doom and gloom talent-wise, I don't agree. If you rid yourself of Arroyo one way or another, give Homer a shot. Easy to say all of this when you have to look up to smell the Pirates, but IMO it's not as doomed as you make it out. A couple of subtractions and a couple of additions (without even breaking the bank) and I think we look distinctly like Arizona.

 

 

You're assuming a lot in that Hopper, who is a career minor leaguer will produce over the long term. There is a reason he's been in the sticks for so long. Also it is a big assumption that Gonzo will contribute this season. He's been brittle his whole career, I wouldn't count on much. As for Votto, he's on his first tour around the league, let's see how good he is in a couple of months. As for Arroyo, most of you were calling him a solid starter, go on and replace him with Cueto and Volquez. They are good prospects but Cueto has already proven to be human at this point in his career and if you think Volquez is going to finish with a sub 2.00 ERA you are fooling yourselves. This is a bad, bad team.

  • Replies 130
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All they need is a clubhouse leader? What happened while Casey was in Cincy? What was the big difference then?

This is from today's Enquirer:

 

Griffey, who enters tonight's game hitting .229 with four home runs and 15 RBI, says he expects the Reds to approach him before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline seeking his approval for a trade.

 

"My situation is different only because I can tell them where I want to go. I want to be in position to win a championship. I'm not strong-arming anybody, but that's the way it is."

 

 

Full Story

This is from today's Enquirer:

 

Griffey, who enters tonight's game hitting .229 with four home runs and 15 RBI, says he expects the Reds to approach him before the July 31 non-waiver trade deadline seeking his approval for a trade.

 

"My situation is different only because I can tell them where I want to go. I want to be in position to win a championship. I'm not strong-arming anybody, but that's the way it is."

 

 

Full Story

 

Get it done Walt.

All they need is a clubhouse leader? What happened while Casey was in Cincy? What was the big difference then?

 

Had a one-game playoff against the Mets.

Had a one-game playoff in 1990 agasint the Mets.

 

I thought the Reds did a little better than that in 1990.

I thought the Reds did a little better than that in 1990.

 

You are correct, sir, and I have changed my post.

You are correct, sir, and I have changed my post.

 

I do agree with your point. 1999 was the year. The question posed was what was the difference. JR was not on this team. I feel the dynamics of the clubhouse was impacted with adding a player like JR. He is not a leader, yet how can another player take that role when a JR is in the clubhouse? His prescence negates anyone else that would try to assume that role.

I do agree with your point. 1999 was the year. The question posed was what was the difference. JR was not on this team. I feel the dynamics of the clubhouse was impacted with adding a player like JR. He is not a leader, yet how can another player take that role when a JR is in the clubhouse? His prescence negates anyone else that would try to assume that role.

 

Disagree. Depends on the strength of the other personality.

 

He is not a rah-rah fire them up and cuss people out for not doing their job leader.

Had a one-game playoff against the Mets.

 

So still missing the playoffs. Does it really seem Casey was that much of a difference maker? I dont think a leader would be a huge difference on these Reds teams, Griffey or not.

I have been much maligned the last couple of years, concerning my opinion Dunn. I really tried to give him the benefit of doubt. Hoping he would come around. Guess I was right all along.

 

I am right with you on this, I try to like him when he constantly puts 40 homers, 100 RBI'S, and 100 walks on the board. But I am sick of the losing attitude, 150 K's, and pretty bad defense. Even if he returns to his normal form or maybe better, my thoughts won't change. Ship him out, we won't give him the money at year's end anyway.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.