May 1, 200818 yr In all honesty, I don't know that a Griffey trade even nets a high-level prospect at this point. Griffey would have to get really hot in July to bring back anything of any real long-term value. They will just be looking to dump his salary. Who they get in return is secondary.
May 1, 200818 yr I think Bonds will be the DH in Seattle before the year is over. I have actually heard a rumor that Bonds may be headed to Cleveland, but that was just a rumor.
May 1, 200818 yr I have actually heard a rumor that Bonds may be headed to Cleveland, but that was just a rumor. Good thought, but I dont see the Indians taking on that baggage.
May 1, 200818 yr I don't either, the Indians have a great clubhouse and team chemistry so why would they want to bring Bonds in? Maybe Griff to Cleveland? They have young pitching too.
May 1, 200818 yr It appears Walt is willing to shop both of the overweight, overpaid outfielders if (when) the early season struggles continue. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080501&content_id=2621320&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb
May 1, 200818 yr It appears Walt is willing to shop both of the overweight, overpaid outfielders if (when) the early season struggles continue. http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/ http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20080501&content_id=2621320&vkey=news_mlb&fext=.jsp&c_id=mlb As he should:thumb:
May 1, 200818 yr As he should:thumb: Couldn't agree more. I am ready to play the young guns. It seems to be doing well in Arizona and Florida.
May 1, 200818 yr Let's assume that the Reds do trade both Dunn and Griffey Jr. You have Jay Bruce to fill RF, but who do the Reds have in the organization that can play in CF and LF for the next few seasons that will be productive everyday players?
May 1, 200818 yr Let's assume that the Reds do trade both Dunn and Griffey Jr. You have Jay Bruce to fill RF, but who do the Reds have in the organization that can play in CF and LF for the next few seasons that will be productive everyday players? Will you go with Bruce. Hopper, Freel, Patterson in CF and pick up a free agent for comparable numbers to the two you get rid of. One thing about Jocketty is that he is a veteran player type of GM, he will bring in steady veteran players. One thing they will get sured up will be the defense.
May 1, 200818 yr Will you go with Bruce. Hopper, Freel, Patterson in CF and pick up a free agent for comparable numbers to the two you get rid of. One thing about Jocketty is that he is a veteran player type of GM, he will bring in steady veteran players. One thing they will get sured up will be the defense. Patterson sucks, and Freel has proven that he is not an everyday player. Baker has shown he won't give Hopper a fair shot.
May 1, 200818 yr Let's assume that the Reds do trade both Dunn and Griffey Jr. You have Jay Bruce to fill RF, but who do the Reds have in the organization that can play in CF and LF for the next few seasons that will be productive everyday players? Shaun Cumberland and BJ Syzmanski (sp) are in the pipeline.
May 1, 200818 yr Shaun Cumberland and BJ Syzmanski (sp) are in the pipeline. Cumberland doesn't seem to have much pop - can be play CF? BJ is 20 games into his first year of AA. Neither will be here before 2010 IMO.
May 1, 200818 yr Cumberland doesn't seem to have much pop - can be play CF? BJ is 20 games into his first year of AA. Neither will be here before 2010 IMO. I agree. I was just bringing up the names that could be here in a couple of years. I just don't see the Reds giving Dunn the kind of money he's going to be asking for.
May 1, 200818 yr I think that if the Reds do trade Griffey it will free up some money so they can go get some young talent.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.