Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Reds to Trade Griffey Jr.?

Featured Replies

  • Replies 130
  • Views 15.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DH and share right field with Bobby. This would had years for him and that short right field porch....Oh baby. And Joe maybe he could play first a little Jason might be in his last year.

Dunn has full no-trade protection until June 15th. After that he can be traded to all but 10 clubs that he put on a limited no-trade list.

 

Who are the 10 teams

Being so close to 600 HRs is the only reason he's still in a Reds uniform. Once that milestone is reached, he will be gone. With the Reds luck, he'll hit the remaining 3 on the road and the Reds will never benefit from the extra fans packing the park to see it. As for Dunn, I really don't think he's going anywhere. Castellini really wants to keep him.

 

Even if it looks like it might occur at home, I really don't see fans coming out in droves to witness it. The Reds haven't marketed it at all and I don't think it's an event than seems to be generating any real fan interest.

Who are the 10 teams

 

I don't know for sure but you would think that it would be the big market teams like the Yankees, Mets, Red Sox etc. That way he could ask for a fat contract extension to waive his no-trade clause. Otherwise, he'd go to one of the other teams and hit the FA market after the season.

Dunn selected the teams on his limited no-trade list carefully, choosing mostly high-revenue clubs that could afford him. That way, he could gain a say — and leverage — in most discussions.

Griffey is not going to be gone until he says it's time.

 

Agreed. And I think when he goes he will be back in Seattle.

I think Griffey is gone in June. After #600 he has marginal value to the Reds and no long term value. As we all know his replacement is an hour and 40 mins away already.

Even today, Dunn can't hold Jrs jock. Hopefully Jr will go to a contender and get a chance at a WS.

Even today, Dunn can't hold Jrs jock. Hopefully Jr will go to a contender and get a chance at a WS.

 

 

 

Who said anything about Dunn holding Jr's. jock?

Whats the chances to Griffey ending up back in Seattle? I could see him splitting a DH/occasional in the field role. That would keep him fresh, cut the risk of energy and maybe bring life back to the Marineer faithful. I mean everyone always questions what would've happened if Griffey didn't leave Seatlle and if it worked once then chances are at a pretty reasonable price you could try it again. Only this time Griff wouldn't have to worry about A-Rod or Sweet Lou.

I think Bonds will be the DH in Seattle before the year is over.

I think that the Reds are just about 2 years away with their young talent to be really good. Get value with some more prospects for them both, and maybe throw in Hatteberg while you are at it Walt.

I think that the Reds are just about 2 years away with their young talent to be really good. Get value with some more prospects for them both, and maybe throw in Hatteberg while you are at it Walt.

 

I don't think anyone will trade prospects for Hatteberg when they can wait a little bit until the Reds put the DFA tag on him. He's a decent hitting first baseman with no pop or speed. He's not that valuable as a pinch hitter since he's hit below .170 for his career in that role. Teams aren't going to beat down the Reds door for him when they can wait on them to release him. Sean Casey is a similar, but better player and he only brought $800,000 from the Red Sox this season.

Agreed. And I think when he goes he will be back in Seattle.

 

:thumb: I was about to post this and saw your post. I agree, Griffey has said that he would like to end his carrer in Seattle.

 

I think that we all know that this Reds team is going nowhere this season. Should a deal come along for Dunn (I would already be shopping) I would "get-r-Dunn" the very first day and even hour of that day that I could.

I would really hate to lose the fabulous outfield play of Dunn though, that could never be equaled. (lol)

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.