Condoleeza Rice (not) campaigning for VP spot

What do you think about Ms Rice and the VP position.  

19 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think about Ms Rice and the VP position.

• Great choice.
    • Terrible choice.
    • VP choice is irrelevant
    • She is acceptable but instead, he should select _____.

With Obama running for the top of the Democratic ticket, selecting Condi would smack of a me-too, affirmative action pick. I would rather see Rice elected to some office before she runs for VP. Based on the primaries, it looks like the "black vote" already belongs to Obama.

I agree, I think it would be interpreted as a token nomination.

I also think that Condi needs a gap in between running for elected office to let Americans wash their mouths of the Bush Presidency, so to speak. I also agree with LBBC in that she would add foreign policy experience, which is already one of McCain’s strong suits. However, she is an extremely intelligent and likable person. I think the electorate would warm up to her. If she is going to be McCain’s pick, I think they need to do it as soon as possible, before the Democrats have settled their race.

Just saw on the news, where she said today that she plans to leave politics for the time being at the end of the Bush administration and does not want to be VP.

Thank goodness ! That's good news for McCain. It's going to be close anyway, and he probably would go down with her on the ticket.

Good, but that would be the determining factor in my decision.

Interesting, given all the reasons to vote for or against a candidate. Since both McCain and Rice say this is all news to them I guess we'll never know how it would have worked out.