Cov Cath History

Ok so the coachimg rumors thread got me thinking.

I've been told that since CCH won the region in either 1970 or early in the 70's they've participated in ever regional tournament since then. Is this true?

I've also been told that they've only won the region twice in that time. Is that true? They've obviuosly done it twice in the last 5 years so that means that there was a long time in between regional titles. While Mike Listerman deseves a lot of credit for winning those regional titles how long was he the assistant before taking over as head coach? If all of this info is really true and Schrand was the outsider who was there and helped them win 2 regionals and now they haven't won any since he left doesn't he deserve at least a little credit?

They also won in 1992 and Tieman was Head Coach and Listerman was the assistant. So does he get some credit for being on all three staffs that won a regional since the 1971 team? No staff has won one without him since 1971. :sssh:

They also won in 1992 and Tieman was Head Coach and Listerman was the assistant. So does he get some credit for being on all three staffs that won a regional since the 1971 team? No staff has won one without him since 1971. :sssh:

That's why I asked the questions b/c i wasn't sure of the answers.

He absolutely does and nowhere will you see where I said he doesn't. If he wins 40% of the regions over the next 10 years and Cov Cath supporters are still unhappy it says something about the supporters.

I've been told that since CCH won the region in either 1970 or early in the 70's they've participated in ever regional tournament since then. Is this true?

I've also been told that they've only won the region twice in that time. Is that true? They've obviuosly done it twice in the last 5 years so that means that there was a long time in between regional titles. While Mike Listerman deseves a lot of credit for winning those regional titles how long was he the assistant before taking over as head coach? If all of this info is really true and Schrand was the outsider who was there and helped them win 2 regionals and now they haven't won any since he left doesn't he deserve at least a little credit?

Spin it any way you want. You are a riot. You are giving Mr Schrand way to much credit. He was the JV coach who happens to sit on the varsity bench. This was and is Listermans team. Listerman keeps winning no matter who his assistants are. Look at his record.

That's why I asked the questions b/c i wasn't sure of the answers.

He absolutely does and nowhere will you see where I said he doesn't. If he wins 40% of the regions over the next 10 years and Cov Cath supporters are still unhappy it says something about the supporters.

I will ask a question much like yours are asked, because I don't know. Surely Mr Shrand has got to be coaching somewhere, where might that be? Help me out, I don't know.

False.

In 1997 Holy Cross, Holmes, and Covington Catholic all drew into the same side of the 35th District Tourney. Holmes beat HC and Cov. Cath. and beat Ludlow in the final.

Ryan Schrand knows basketball, but in no way was he responsible for the regional titles in '04 or in '06.

A lot of that credit goes to the kids who busted their butts & to the coaching STAFF who prepared them....not an assistant coach. They performed well under the guidance of their coaching STAFF much like they won (and lost) as a TEAM. Covington Catholic is a program and one of the men we owe for that is Mike Listerman. The amount of dedication that he has brought and continues to bring to this program is unparalleled.

A lot of that credit goes to the kids who busted their butts & to the coaching STAFF who prepared them....not an assistant coach. They performed well under the guidance of their coaching STAFF much like they won (and lost) as a TEAM. Covington Catholic is a program and one of the men we owe for that is Mike Listerman. The amount of dedication that he has brought and continues to bring to this program is unparalleled.

:thumb::thumb:

• 2 weeks later...
Spin it any way you want. You are a riot. You are giving Mr Schrand way to much credit. He was the JV coach who happens to sit on the varsity bench. This was and is Listermans team. Listerman keeps winning no matter who his assistants are. Look at his record.

Actually I have given credit to Listerman almost every time. I even mention that fans of that prpgram who aren't happy w/ 40% of the last 5 regional titles are crazy. I was asking a serious question b/c I heard some stats that I didn't think were correct, and they were later proven not to be. I said I hope they never win another one w/o Schrand. Even if he were there I would never want them to win another one. But I do like him an awful lot.

False.

In 1997 Holy Cross, Holmes, and Covington Catholic all drew into the same side of the 35th District Tourney. Holmes beat HC and Cov. Cath. and beat Ludlow in the final.

Thanks. So they have probably been in about 28 or 29 out of 30.

I will ask a question much like yours are asked, because I don't know. Surely Mr Shrand has got to be coaching somewhere, where might that be? Help me out, I don't know.

Surely you don't think nobody has offered. Maybe he's just waiting for the right job w/ the right coach. What I do know is that some people who I know think he's one of the best and if they think that I'll go w/ their opinion.

Surely you don't think nobody has offered. Maybe he's just waiting for the right job w/ the right coach. What I do know is that some people who I know think he's one of the best and if they think that I'll go w/ their opinion.

I know of an offer or two, and I know why he is declining. It is an unfortunate situation, and I feel bad for a great guy like Coach Schrand.

Would it be possible for We We, the great defender of the man who needs no defending to give us the full scoop.

Why do neither Schrand or Maile sit on Cov. Cath's bench anymore?

Was Listerman practicing a bit of old fashioned nepotism or not?

Did the Listerman get some real pressure to leave this year or not?

The answer to your first question would depend who you talk to. There are definately two sides to that one. Everyone will believe what they want.

Nepotism? Got me. I am sure Coach Listerman had his reasons for doing what he did and it is none of my business or yours. May want to ask Coach Listerman himself.

Pressure? There are always people who aren't happy about this or that and they tend to be be a lot more vocal. When it was all said and done Coach Listermans supporters spoke up and were heard (not on this site but where it counts), as we all know he is there to stay. Enough said.

I simply spoke up to many of the foolish shots people were taking at Coach Listerman. It is always interesting to see how many experts there are on this site and in the stands. Coach Listerman has done a remarkable job but more importantly he is a good guy doing things the right way. What's his record again? Oh yea, just a few percentage points behind the legend Mote Hills.