Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cov Cath History

Featured Replies

Some people just need to let it go. What happened is in the past.

 

Coach Listerman is a good coach and an even better guy. He understands what it takes to run a PROGRAM and his teams typically have some of the best chemistry in the region. I can assure you that there is a reason for that.

we we & ColonelCrazy...excellent posts!

Thanks. So they have probably been in about 28 or 29 out of 30.

 

Can't quote chapter and verse, but I'm pretty sure that 28 or 29 is still way high - Holy Cross has been to a number of regionals in that span of time, and it was not always at Holmes expense. My guess would be that in the mid to late 70's CovCath missed out at least few times - 76 for sure because Holmes beat Holy Cross in the regional, and I think Holy Cross got back to the regional in 77 with Mike List (Holmes won the region in 77), then in 78 - 79 - 80 Holy Cross had some pretty strong teams (Lenihan, Eifert, Comer, etc.) and I am certain that Holmes won the district those years. Also, I recall Holy Cross beating Holmes at least once in the early/mid 90's in the regional with McClendon, Houston, etc. - maybe more.

 

Bottom line - I don't think it's anywhere near 28.

  • Author
Can't quote chapter and verse, but I'm pretty sure that 28 or 29 is still way high - Holy Cross has been to a number of regionals in that span of time, and it was not always at Holmes expense. My guess would be that in the mid to late 70's CovCath missed out at least few times - 76 for sure because Holmes beat Holy Cross in the regional, and I think Holy Cross got back to the regional in 77 with Mike List (Holmes won the region in 77), then in 78 - 79 - 80 Holy Cross had some pretty strong teams (Lenihan, Eifert, Comer, etc.) and I am certain that Holmes won the district those years. Also, I recall Holy Cross beating Holmes at least once in the early/mid 90's in the regional with McClendon, Houston, etc. - maybe more.

 

Bottom line - I don't think it's anywhere near 28.

 

 

Well the last 30 years wouldn't include the years of 76 and 77. There was also at least some time in those years where all 3 weren't in the same district. I didn't think it was true b/c it's almost impossible to believe, but I did hear that.

In the early/mid 90s I do not think CovCath and Holmes were in the same district. I remember playing Beechwood, Cov Latin and Ludlow in district games

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.