Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What if.........

Featured Replies

I overheard an interesting topic at the boys state tournament.

 

WHAT IF you played a game between any of the boys' teams in the boys state tournament against a powerhouse womens' team such as Tennessee or UConn.

 

Could the women compete? Who would win? Plan on using the women's ball of course.

No way a womens team could compete. Good guys team's are way to fast and far more physical.

We keep a Classic Thread on hand to address these fantasies.

 

LINK

If you are talking a HS Boys team vs UCONN or TENN, the boys would get killed. The boys team would have to be unreal to beat a college womens team. These WOMEN can play, they have size and in college the use to play against men during practice but I think the NCAA outlawed this rule.

I would love to see Candace Parker dunk on a high school boy. I think that a college girls team like Tenn or UConn would kill a boys team. They might be a little slower, but they sould kill them in the half court.

I would love to see Candace Parker dunk on a high school boy. I think that a college girls team like Tenn or UConn would kill a boys team. They might be a little slower, but they sould kill them in the half court.

 

It would not be a game!!! If you think so go check out a true womens game, UCONN VS UofL I went to the game, UCONN was unreal and UOFL have some girls who can play as well.

Some of the games would be pretty close.

 

If you put UT, UConn, etc. against, Holmes, LC, or Mason Co., I honestly think the women would get beat pretty good. The athleticism and strength are on a different level with those teams, not to mention the size advantage those teams possess.

 

I played with UK's women's team a lot while I was at UK, so I have some experience here. I was a bench player on a pretty darn good high school team, and we had several other guys that played that probably werent college bball material either. Not to mention theses guys werent as big as LC, as athletic as Holmes, or as talented as Mason Co. We played right with these girls and we were all marginal high school players. I realize UK's women are not UT or UConn, but they aren't that far off.

UK Women against UCONN OR TENN against high school boys. Tenn players 6'6, 6'4 three. Tell me what HS boys team have that kind of size. UK women are not even in the same leage as TENN or UCONN. UK have won one game ever against them. This would not even be a game.

UK Women against UCONN OR TENN against high school boys. Tenn players 6'6, 6'4 three. Tell me what HS boys team have that kind of size. UK women are not even in the same leage as TENN or UCONN. UK have won one game ever against them. This would not even be a game.

 

Mason Co. ;)

Having been both an assistant women's coach from a major conference and played high school ball, the boys' state champs would beat NCAA women's national champs. The level of athleticism isn't even close, not to mention strength. The women would be pushed around way too much. On a side note, they could shoot at a higher level, just wouldn't get many open looks.

I go with a good high school boys team.

 

Eg. several years ago the Lex. Cath middle school 7-grade boys would scrimmage the girl's varsity (2 time state champs. - 5 D1 players). In the 7th grade gave them a game, in 8th grade the boys won.

UK Women against UCONN OR TENN against high school boys. Tenn players 6'6, 6'4 three. Tell me what HS boys team have that kind of size. UK women are not even in the same leage as TENN or UCONN. UK have won one game ever against them. This would not even be a game.

 

I didnt understand the gibberish at the first of the post, but I take it you are disagreeing with my post.

 

UK does not get blown out every year by UT. They have beat them in the last couple of years and play with them or end up losing by the 10-15 point range. UT has one of the best women players ever right now, and they dont put it on UK right now. Like I said, the strength and speed is a major factor that helps the men and makes the difference.

Having been both an assistant women's coach from a major conference and played high school ball, the boys' state champs would beat NCAA women's national champs. The level of athleticism isn't even close, not to mention strength. The women would be pushed around way too much. On a side note, they could shoot at a higher level, just wouldn't get many open looks.

 

 

:thumb: I agree 100%

I truly think that a LARGE majority of High school boys teams would beat TENN or UCONN women. And when I say LARGE, I mean like 85-90%. They may have some tall girls, but they would still have trouble getting a shot off over much-more athletic boys. And, BTW, Candace Parker could not dunk over a boy. She can't even dunk over a woman. She only dunks when she is wide open and can stutter-step to get her timing correct. Boys are just too fast, too strong, too athletic, too physical.

 

Now, having that said, the LARGE majority of college women's teams would destroy most boys high school teams in shooting contests, though!

Having been both an assistant women's coach from a major conference and played high school ball, the boys' state champs would beat NCAA women's national champs. The level of athleticism isn't even close, not to mention strength. The women would be pushed around way too much. On a side note, they could shoot at a higher level, just wouldn't get many open looks.

 

 

Oh, definitely. It wouldn't even be close. The women would have trouble getting off shots over the boys and getting to the basket on drives. Boys would win by at least 30-40.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.