Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadeh Unhappy?

As Bengals receiver Chad Johnson has made sure everyone knows in the last couple of days, he isn’t happy in Cincinnati and isn’t planning to show up to off-season workouts.

But Johnson isn’t alone.

Adam Schefter of NFL Network is reporting that the Bengals’ other starting wide receiver, T.J. Houshmandzadeh, also is expected to skip the start of the voluntary conditioning program. Houshmandzadeh is in the final year of four-year contract and is scheduled to make a base salary of $2.525 million, and he thinks that, coming off a season in which he tied for the league lead in receptions, he’s worth more than that.

Houshmanzadeh and Johnson are skipping off season workouts.

Chad Johnson’s offseason of discontent could be headed for its first showdown Monday with the Bengals.

And the Bengals wide receiver, in a series of Los Angeles-based television appearances today, said he would not participate in the team’s offseason strength and conditioning program beginning Monday.

"I will not be there," he said during a late afternoon stop at Current TV and Current.com. "There are a lot of issues that need to be dealt with. Nothing has changed."

Article on Chad Johnson not attending off-season workouts...

TJ will get paid IMO he has earned it. Chad on the other hand is a baby. If he would eat the cap hit then I would say good ridence as long as the get equal value in return. He's not going to eat the cap hit so get used to the cancer for another year!

I have always thought TJ was arrogant but I don't feel he takes away from the team (like Chad) and it has never bothered me with the exception of his occasional temper flare ups on the field after something did go his/the Bengals way. In those cases I thought he looked like a cry baby.

I think the Bengals are on a slippery slope here, if one more name player says thanks but no thanks I think we have a ticking time bomb.

I have always thought TJ was arrogant but I don't feel he takes away from the team (like Chad) and it has never bothered me with the exception of his occasional temper flare ups on the field after something did go his/the Bengals way. In those cases I thought he looked like a cry baby.

I think the Bengals are on a slippery slope here, if one more name player says thanks but no thanks I think we have a ticking time bomb.

I agree. This team is just falling apart at the seams character/team wise. They are not a team. They are a bunch of players that the only reason they are there is for the money (with the exception of Carson Palmer).

I am pretty sure that loud sound is not a biological clock ticking...

With a bad defense and a offense that is in turmoil(not to mention way over-rated last year), I see Cincy competing for their usual spot of the #1 overall pick in 2009... :bunny:

If guys are going to be unhappy with contracts and looking to change them all the time they should just sign one year contracts. Base every year on what you just did. Seriously, if you think you can outperform what someone is about to pay you, why sign up for more than a year or two?

I got two words for these guys: Drama Queens. They and Mike Brown deserve each other.

If Marvin has good sense, he should get the hell out of there and save face while he still has a shred of dignity and go take a cushy DC job until a better franchise has an HC opening. And then write a tell-all book of horror stories about Mike Brown and how inept the front office is, and how it serves as an active hindrance to success, and how amazing it is that Bengals fans continue to put money in Brown's pocket.

IMO the Bengals are at a point that they are about to have to blow the whole thing up other than Palmer! Winning next year is the only hope they have. If not then they better clean house + start from scratch while they still have a young franchise QB. I am afraid they missed their first window of opportunity unless they pull something major off come draft time.

If guys are going to be unhappy with contracts and looking to change them all the time they should just sign one year contracts. Base every year on what you just did. Seriously, if you think you can outperform what someone is about to pay you, why sign up for more than a year or two?

:thumb: I can't agree more with that. I hate when players have a good year and people say all the time, should the player lose money if he doesn't have a good season? I didn't think so. Quit complaining, and play the game......it's just that.....a game, and they are making millions. :rolleyes:

:sleep::sleep:Another pro complaining about being underpaid. Try being on the clock 24 hrs a day, and not making close to 2 mil a year :rolleyes: :irked:....I don't feel sorry for any of them.

Thread title should say "Chad Johnson and TJ Houshmanzadeh Spolied?".

Let them get a bigger contract for a team with a lesser QB and then see how happy they are.