Open Coaching Positions

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The things I have been hearing is that Doug Noble, the coach of Owsley, will be going to Jackson City, bringing along with him Nick Nolbe. Thats what Ive been told by a few people in the JCS school system. Breahitt should give Banks atleast one more year, but the way things are shaping up, noone wants to play for Banks anymore.

Rumor has Whitaker coming to Breathitt as an assistant and getting an administrative job at the high school. Anyone know anything?

The latest from the 13th.

Jackson- Still up in the air. They should make a move, but Hayes must have political ties. Look at his failure as a coach there.

North-The official word has not come out yet, but Parrott will be their guy.

Clay- Todd Messer's name has been floating around for taking the job in Manchester, and would be the perfect hire for them, if he wants to leave Clinton County.

Knox- The latest is a new coach is a possibility, but look for Miller to end up at South Laurel, or possibly Hazard.

Corbin- I believe Pietrowski is save, just on his name alone. I would not look for a change their unless what happen this year happens next year.

The latest from the 13th.

Jackson- Still up in the air. They should make a move, but Hayes must have political ties. Look at his failure as a coach there.

North-The official word has not come out yet, but Parrott will be their guy.

Clay- Todd Messer's name has been floating around for taking the job in Manchester, and would be the perfect hire for them, if he wants to leave Clinton County.

Knox- The latest is a new coach is a possibility, but look for Miller to end up at South Laurel, or possibly Hazard.

Corbin- I believe Pietrowski is save, just on his name alone. I would not look for a change their unless what happen this year happens next year.

So you are saying that Clay and North will have new coaches next year?

Simply amazing that a lot of you think bringing in someone like Messer is a good choice for Clay Co., and for you to think Spurlock is going to be let go. I can't wait to hear your words when all that doesn't happen.

And the fiasco you all keep talking about is all but buried. No other officials are worried about it, those I have talked to. And there was never anything said bad about officials. Just a conversation about having competent ones calling games.

It's just like that Boyle situation. Parents, or other people, who can't get their full say, want to cause more problems to try and get their way. Stick to you own life and problems, instead of trying to cause problems for other people.

Simply amazing that a lot of you think bringing in someone like Messer is a good choice for Clay Co., and for you to think Spurlock is going to be let go. I can't wait to hear your words when all that doesn't happen.

And the fiasco you all keep talking about is all but buried. No other officials are worried about it, those I have talked to. And there was never anything said bad about officials. Just a conversation about having competent ones calling games.

It's just like that Boyle situation. Parents, or other people, who can't get their full say, want to cause more problems to try and get their way. Stick to you own life and problems, instead of trying to cause problems for other people.

From the outside looking, Clay had enough problems from within. It was a fiasco all the time. Ref's, other schools, other coaches, players, fans the whole 9-yards. Even the 14th got pulled into the mix. Not saying all or any was a result of the coach but one sure is entitled to ask what was going on?

I have heard Clay might lose the coach to a 14th region team? Is Perry Central going to come open?

That is also on the rumor mill, if the coach at Perry goes to Brethaitt, look for Spurlock's name to come up in the Perry job. Especially, his ability to coach good against Holland. I hear if Clay gives him an altimatum that he will in fact take that job.

I do totally agree with you lungbuster, far too many off the court issues for them as far as teams coaches, other teams players, other teams parents, just stick to the game and coach instead of challenging people all the time.

I have no idea as far as the Clay job, if it comes open what will happen. The only information that I have heard is that if it comes open in a couple of weeks it will be offered to Messer at Clinton. I do not know if he takes it or not, because word is that he has a good young group there.

Middlesboro is the latest rumor of a job that is coming open. Look for them to go after Strange at Pineville, or the girls coach Elgie Green.

I think Spurlock is a good coach. He has done alot with the recent talent at Clay IMO. Of course that is not always good enough to satisfy people all the time. What people sometimes forget is that all these people are educators first. Many do an outstanding job in the classroom and teach life lessons that these players will carry with them far beyond basketball. It is sad their extra curricular positions are openly discussed about being hired back or let go.

I think Spurlock is a good coach. He has done alot with the recent talent at Clay IMO. Of course that is not always good enough to satisfy people all the time. What people sometimes forget is that all these people are educators first. Many do an outstanding job in the classroom and teach life lessons that these players will carry with them far beyond basketball. It is sad their extra curricular positions are openly discussed about being hired back or let go.

Great comment Bubba!:ylsuper:

He is a very good coach, considering the cards that he was dealt with since becoming the coach in Manchester.The only thing I question is his temper, seems like it just really gets to him, and he does some crazy things. As well as I could not figure out this season, being so small, athletic, and full of energy why they did not play a full court game. I just think that he is in a bad position there, just where everyone compares things to the legend. And it seems they like home boys to lead their program. Also, his name has popped up as the lead candidate for Perry Central should that come open

Rumor has Whitaker coming to Breathitt as an assistant and getting an administrative job at the high school. Anyone know anything?

I have heard the same thing from alot of people around Breathitt. This would greatly improve Breathitts coachs.

I have heard the same thing from alot of people around Breathitt. This would greatly improve Breathitts coachs.

The biggest thing this would do is solve Breathitts point guard problem. After Noble left, there wasn't another true pg in the school. Whitaker can play 32 minutes without needing a break.