Your Reds Roster: If the Season Started Tomorrow

Just thought I'd see what people think. If opening day is tomorrow who do you see the Reds keeping and getting rid of. I knows its hard to name a full 25 guys but anyone particular(other than the obvious Griffey, Harang, Dunn, Phillips, etc.) that you would keep? Any of the young guys in the 'pen to start the year? Who is your fourth outfielder? Three catchers?

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Starting Rotation

Harang

Arroyo

Cueto

Volquez

Belisle/Fogg/Affeldt

Bullpen

Cordero

Burton

Weathers

Stanton

Belisle/Fogg/Affeldt (The two that don't make the rotation

Majewski

Starters

Ross

Votto

Phillips

Keppinger/Gonzo

Encarnacion

Dunn

Patterson/Hopper

Griffery Jr.

Bench

Patterson/Hopper

Hatteberg

Valentine

Keppinger/Gonzo

Bako/Phillips/

If I have to watch David Ross catch 100 games and hit .180 again I might off myself!

What makes it even sadder is that he could be an All-Star if he could get up to around .250

.250 20+ homeruns probably 80+ RBI's and the fact that he is great defensively, would give him a good shot. (Too bad the Dodgers catcher is AWESOME :D)

So you don't think Bailey has a shot?

I think Belisle is in.

If I have to watch David Ross catch 100 games and hit .180 again I might off myself!

No I honestly don't. He still isn't ready IMO. If Ross doesn't get his back straightend out, we may not have to watch him much at all. I think we'll see Valentin at least 50/50

What makes it even sadder is that he could be an All-Star if he could get up to around .250

.250 20+ homeruns probably 80+ RBI's and the fact that he is great defensively, would give him a good shot. (Too bad the Dodgers catcher is AWESOME :D)

Ross is phenomonal behind the plate, it's next to it that drives me crazy!

Ross is phenomonal behind the plate, it's next to it that drives me crazy!
I do hope you're kidding.

And as the saying goes, you hit what the back of your baseball card says you do. His card reads poorly. What do you expect?

I also agree with LRCW on the rotation. Homer isn't ready, and I'll admit I was all for bringing him up. If all things are equal, I'd lean toward having one starter who throws with the wrong hand. 5 righties is not the end of the world, but if there's virtually no major difference, I'd give the lefty the nod. Not to mention, I'm not a Belisle fan.

Ross had Gold Glove numbers the past two years? I do hope you're kidding...

No, what I'm saying is would you trade .208 for an average/slightly better than average defensive catcher?

Pudge is phenomenal behind the plate, and Ross is adequate.

No, what I'm saying is would you trade .208 for an average/slightly better than average defensive catcher?

Pudge is phenomenal behind the plate, and Ross is adequate.

Oh no doubt I would make that trade in a heartbeat, you highlighted my post about him being good behind the plate, he is. I just wish he could hit too.

I'vew made it no secret that I'd rather have Valentin behind there.

I also agree with LRCW on the rotation. Homer isn't ready, and I'll admit I was all for bringing him up. If all things are equal, I'd lean toward having one starter who throws with the wrong hand. 5 righties is not the end of the world, but if there's virtually no major difference, I'd give the lefty the nod. Not to mention, I'm not a Belisle fan.

Homer has done all he can in Louisville. The time is now. Nothing wrong with 5 righties, you want the lefy in the rotation for for the sake of having one when he got lit up last time? As for Belisle...he has great stuff when on. Nasty 2 seam and good change. It was his first season as a starter and he put up numbers equal to or better than most 4's or 5's.

Oh no doubt I would make that trade in a heartbeat, you highlighted my post about him being good behind the plate, he is. I just wish he could hit too.

I'vew made it no secret that I'd rather have Valentin behind there.

Hold on, you said phenomenal. And he ain't that. And I agree about Valentin 100%.

Homer has done all he can in Louisville. The time is now.

The problem is that he can't get big league hitters out on a consistent basis because there are still some things he needs to work on. Bailey still isn't ready for MLB. Too bad there isn't a AAAA.