Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will UK make the Big Dance?

Will UK make the NCAA Tournament? 137 members have voted

  1. 1. Will UK make the NCAA Tournament?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

12-4 SEC record 18-11 regular season, with 1 win in tournament. Overall 19-12 should make the tournament.

 

If UK loses goes 5-3 and doesn't win a tournment game, NIT bound.

 

I think the only games UK can lose and still make it is 2 out of 3 vs. (TN, Vandy, and FL).

Let's just get Meeks back, hit the three's, throw the ball to the guy who will be making millions in the future, win them all and not have to worry about it. Does that sound like a plan to anyone?

Vandy isn't playing very good right now. They should have lost vs. SC but SC decided to guard everyone but the guy with the ball at the end of the game. It made me sick to watch it.

 

Tenn showed that they can be slowed down in their close call against LSU Saturday. Maybe that is a sign of light for us to beat them again?

  • Replies 126
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Agreed. GET COURY THE BALL!!!!!

 

Seriously though he made Academic All-District and will probably make a bunch of money doin whatever he does :lol:

 

:laugh:

 

Just curious but am I the only one who would like to see AJ Stewart get some PT over Mark Coury? Maybe I'm wrong and Stewart is just absolutely terrible, but I don't think so. I think he definitely deserves a chance to prove himself over Coury. Maybe he doesn't give any effort in practice, IDK. :confused::confused::confused:

:laugh:

 

Just curious but am I the only one who would like to see AJ Stewart get some PT over Mark Coury? Maybe I'm wrong and Stewart is just absolutely terrible, but I don't think so. I think he definitely deserves a chance to prove himself over Coury. Maybe he doesn't give any effort in practice, IDK. :confused::confused::confused:

 

A lot of people have commented on that and I'd guess that the lack of effort is the cause.

A lot of people have commented on that and I'd guess that the lack of effort is the cause.

 

I still haven't figured out why that kid doesn't play...UK would definitely benefit from it, IMO, not only now, but in the long run as well.

I also think that if he doesn't play any now and get some experience, then next year is almost like being a freshman again, in terms of handling the pressure atleast. We need BCG to get on here and answer some questions.

If UK duplicates a 6-2 record, in the second half of the SEC season and gets to 12-4 in the conference, the committee will be hard pressed to leapfrog some teams from within their own conference over them.

You can go back over the last few years and find teams that made it with at-large bids who had more than one loss to teams with RPI's over 100 and some which included games to teams with RPI's over 200.

They still got a lot of work to do, but at least they are back in the mix.

 

6-2 mark the rest of the season and include a win or two in the SEC Tourney and they are in the Dance.

From what I am hearing, the story on Stewart not playing is that he is just lost on the floor. He still doesnt always know what they are doing, so it is hard to play him.

Not that it really means much but two guys on ESPN (I think from college game day) said that UK was in great shape to make the tournament last night.

Not that it really means much but two guys on ESPN (I think from college game day) said that UK was in great shape to make the tournament last night.

 

Correct, but the other one (Jay Bilas) was saying that you can not discount the fact that they beat no one before January and that they have those 2 horrible losses. It's interesting because you never really know how the Committee is going to weigh certain things.

IMO, UK is never a bubble team. If they're considered on the bubble, they're in. They bring WAY too many fans to be on "the bubble". So, they're either in or out...

Kentucky on the bubble

 

After Tennessee, the SEC picture hasn't gotten all that much clearer, although on paper, Vanderbilt is the second team in. Mississippi is a computer profile yes but an on-court maybe at this point. Arkansas, Florida and Mississippi State all are in position to do themselves some good. The big story, though, could be Kentucky. With five straight wins, the Cats have put themselves at least back into the discussion. It probably will require a repeat of the 6-2 first half of the SEC slate, but it's not impossible at this point.
IMO, UK is never a bubble team. If they're considered on the bubble, they're in. They bring WAY too many fans to be on "the bubble". So, they're either in or out...

 

I don't see where bringing fans is part of the equation.

1) They lost to UNC by nine. Not a blowout.

2) Houston is #52 in the RPI, and that was at Houston w/o PP and Jasper

3) UAB is 78 in the RPI. Bad loss, but not terrible.

 

USD, GW, and the IU game I'll give you.

 

Here's the thing, if UK only loses two more games (which I think most people agree is the most the can and still have a shot) they'll probably be #2 in the SEC east. I can't see UK getting left out while the #3 and #4 SEC east teams (UF/Vandy) get in.

 

UNC was by 9 in score only. I watched that game too and felt the whole time it was night and day difference between the athletes.

 

UAB and Houston are still bad losses in my opinion especially when you realize that the losses outweight the good wins nearly 2 to 1.

I don't see where bringing fans is part of the equation.

 

I was watching a nationally televised game and saw the "formula" for the big dance and announcer thought it was part of the equation. Considering how many of the automatic bids are small schools, it has to be part of the equation...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.