Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will UK make the Big Dance?

Will UK make the NCAA Tournament? 137 members have voted

  1. 1. Will UK make the NCAA Tournament?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

ESPN has them on the bubble watch:

 

College Basketball Bubble Watch

 

Kentucky [12-9 (6-2), RPI: 88, SOS: 20] The Wildcats have a ton of work left to do, but we have to take a quick look this week after they improved to 6-2 and look much more formidable now that they are healthy and buying into Billy Gillispie's scheme. You would have to think it would take 12 SEC wins to erase the taint of a bad nonconference slate that included crippling home losses to Gardner-Webb and San Diego. What happens, though, if the Cats end up 11-5, finish second in the SEC East and make the SEC tourney semis? The committee doesn't like leapfrogging teams all that much. Could they put three or four other teams in ahead of Kentucky that would have finished behind the Cats in league play? An interesting situation to keep an eye on, starting Tuesday at Vandy.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vandy game is crucial obviously, UT will destroy them in Knoxville. Arky, OM, and UF are all tossups in my opinion. Who knows? IF they win some of those games they got a shot.

Vandy game is crucial obviously, UT will destroy them in Knoxville. Arky, OM, and UF are all tossups in my opinion. Who knows? IF they win some of those games they got a shot.

 

I beg to differ. We beat them at home, I think it's a stretch to say Tenn will "destroy" Kentucky just bc it's in Knoxville. They might beat us, but it definitely won't be a blowout.

I will repeat myself from another thread.................Playoffs?? :scared:, Your'e talking about Playoffs??, I just want to win the next game!...........Playoffs??? :confused:

 

:D:D

Way too many "what ifs" could determine wether or not the cats make the dance this year. I took the safe bet and chose no because I don't think they will either:

 

A) Finish out the season with only one more loss and win atleast two games in the SEC tournament.

B) Win the SEC

 

I'm as big of a cat fan as anyone on this board, Im just trying to be realistic about the situation that we've put ourselves in. The losses to SD and Gardner Webb are really going to haunt us.

 

All that being said, we could do either of the above that I stated and make it in. I'd love to see it happen. We haven't missed the big dance in how many years ? This might just be our turn.

I voted no because of a few reasons. I don't see them getting past the bubble because of the few pretty bad losses. I also don't really see them getting over the hump the rest of the season and breaking .500 in the remaining 7 games. I do believe they are capable of winning the SEC tournament so we'll just have to take it one game at a time...

I think they deserve to be there, if we can beat Tenn and Vandy, I think we can play with about anyone.

I can't agree with that. You can say what you want about their record but I don't think Vandy is a Top 25 team whatsoever. The UT win was very impressive but I don't think they're a top 10 team either. They're barely getting by some pretty bad teams so I think saying they can play with anyone is more than a stretch at this point. I do think they are getting better but injuries are really keeping them down right now.

If they win out except for maybe 2 or 3 losses, yes. If not, no. Still a very good chance though, but it pains me to say but no.

Way too many "what ifs" could determine wether or not the cats make the dance this year. I took the safe bet and chose no because I don't think they will either:

 

A) Finish out the season with only one more loss and win atleast two games in the SEC tournament.

B) Win the SEC

 

I'm as big of a cat fan as anyone on this board, Im just trying to be realistic about the situation that we've put ourselves in. The losses to SD and Gardner Webb are really going to haunt us.

 

All that being said, we could do either of the above that I stated and make it in. I'd love to see it happen. We haven't missed the big dance in how many years ? This might just be our turn.

 

:thumb: I agree with your post MBWC. I would love to see us go, no doubt about that but jmo if U.K. drops a couple or more games, unless the Cats win or at least go to the last day of the SEC tourney it is looking like the (Not In Tournament) or as most call it the N.I.T..

I voted no for a couple of reasons.

 

1 - some horrible, horrible OOC losses

2 - With the way their schedule is end loaded, and a lot is on the road, I don't know if they will be hot "enough" at the end...

I can't agree with that. You can say what you want about their record but I don't think Vandy is a Top 25 team whatsoever. The UT win was very impressive but I don't think they're a top 10 team either. They're barely getting by some pretty bad teams so I think saying they can play with anyone is more than a stretch at this point. I do think they are getting better but injuries are really keeping them down right now.

 

I can see what you mean, I guess that's why I said "about" anyone. But like you said, injuries, if somehow we could get everyone playing they could be pretty tough.

UK will make it to the NCAA tourney. Mark it down, write it down, engrave it stone, tatoo it on your arm.:D

12-4 SEC record 18-11 regular season, with 1 win in tournament. Overall 19-12 should make the tournament.

 

If UK loses goes 5-3 and doesn't win a tournment game, NIT bound.

 

I think the only games UK can lose and still make it is 2 out of 3 vs. (TN, Vandy, and FL).

Let's just get Meeks back, hit the three's, throw the ball to the guy who will be making millions in the future, win them all and not have to worry about it. Does that sound like a plan to anyone?

Vandy isn't playing very good right now. They should have lost vs. SC but SC decided to guard everyone but the guy with the ball at the end of the game. It made me sick to watch it.

Let's just get Meeks back, hit the three's, throw the ball to the guy who will be making millions in the future, win them all and not have to worry about it. Does that sound like a plan to anyone?

 

Agreed. GET COURY THE BALL!!!!!

 

Seriously though he made Academic All-District and will probably make a bunch of money doin whatever he does :lol:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.