Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will UK make the Big Dance?

Will UK make the NCAA Tournament? 137 members have voted

  1. 1. Will UK make the NCAA Tournament?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

The definitely still have a shot to get in, but for right now I voted no.

  • Replies 126
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One or two more losses and they'll have to win the SEC tournament IMO.

I would just like to know why the people who are voting "No" to this question aren't posting anything. I would just like to hear their thoughts also, maybe we can get some debate going.

 

First of all, IMHO, it's too early for me to say. There is a lot of damage that was done early to UK that may not be able to get them in.

 

The UNC, IU games were both blowouts and the aforementioned San Diego, Gardner-Webb, Houston, UAB debacles are attached to them as well. We can cry injuries all we want but those are 6 Black Eyes right there. I don't know that wins over TN, Vandy or even Florida cover all that up just yet. I think the Cats have to nearly win out and then do well in the SEC Tourney.

 

FWIW I am a big UK fan. I just won't believe they will make it until I see it. I'm one of those glass half empty guys. Too many heartbreaks through the years. :lol:

I think the idea that they'll get in because they are a good draw in terms of ticket sales is wrong. This isn't a Bowl Game where they'll bring 20,000 people. Especially now, with the NCAA keeping the top seeds close to home, there really isn't much trouble selling out most arenas in the NCAA tournament. The 1st and 2nd round games are all at regular arenas (15,000 to 20,000 seats and not domes where they can get 30,000-40,000) so there really aren't that many tickets available.

I think the last five games will make or break them.

Unless they win the SEC tourney I don't see it happening.

Unless they win the SEC tourney I don't see it happening.

 

I think it's entirely possible to win the tourney.

Yes, just because of the name on their jerseys and the crowd they will bring.

 

That will help....but I think they will make it because of the past months impressive wins. If they continue the way they are playing now, there is no way they will be left out.

The UNC, IU games were both blowouts and the aforementioned San Diego, Gardner-Webb, Houston, UAB debacles are attached to them as well. We can cry injuries all we want but those are 6 Black Eyes right there. I don't know that wins over TN, Vandy or even Florida cover all that up just yet. I think the Cats have to nearly win out and then do well in the SEC Tourney.

 

1) They lost to UNC by nine. Not a blowout.

2) Houston is #52 in the RPI, and that was at Houston w/o PP and Jasper

3) UAB is 78 in the RPI. Bad loss, but not terrible.

 

USD, GW, and the IU game I'll give you.

 

Here's the thing, if UK only loses two more games (which I think most people agree is the most the can and still have a shot) they'll probably be #2 in the SEC east. I can't see UK getting left out while the #3 and #4 SEC east teams (UF/Vandy) get in.

Having the SEC Commish on the selection committee won't hurt...

They have a chance, it depends on how well they play from here on out.

They have a chance, it depends on how well they play from here on out.

 

I think we can all agree on that.:ylsuper:

The way they are playing right now I think that they're an NCAA team. However, their margin of error is so small now that I doubt that they can make it without making the SEC Tourney finals or getting to 20 wins. I think they'll come up just a little short.

I don't think they will get in for many reasons. The early losses to terrible teams are too big to overcome imo. I don't think they can finish out the rest of the season with only 2 losses. And I don't think they can win the SEC tourny... So that leaves them out.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.