Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Will UK make the Big Dance?

Will UK make the NCAA Tournament? 137 members have voted

  1. 1. Will UK make the NCAA Tournament?

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Featured Replies

UK will make it to the sweet sixteen this year.....in the NCAA tournament. Put that in your pipe and smoke it, NCAA selection committee.

 

Mark it down?

  • Replies 126
  • Views 12k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question, what if they lose? How bad does it hurt

/

 

I think it aesthetically hurts more than anything else...that would be the 10th loss. If UK rebounded and only lost one or two more to finish the regular season, a loss at Vandy isn't going to be too bad.

IMO, Uk goes 5-3 the rest of the way...Losses to Vandy, Arkansas and Tennessee, which leaves them at 11-5 in conference, 17-12 overall and although that could be good enough for 2nd in the east, I feel it'll probably have them at 3rd, which means playing on day 1 in the SEC tourney..If this is the case, I believe they'll have to win 3 in the tourney, which would be tough because that would put UT and probably Miss St on the same side of the bracket.

IMO, Uk goes 5-3 the rest of the way...Losses to Vandy, Arkansas and Tennessee, which leaves them at 11-5 in conference, 17-12 overall and although that could be good enough for 2nd in the east, I feel it'll probably have them at 3rd, which means playing on day 1 in the SEC tourney..If this is the case, I believe they'll have to win 3 in the tourney, which would be tough because that would put UT and probably Miss St on the same side of the bracket.

 

I think the key game is tonight at 9:00 PM. If they win on the road tonight against a good team, it will be a huge step towards March.

Question, what if they lose? How bad does it hurt

/

 

It hurts, but tonight is probably one of the 2 games most expect them to lose. It would leave a little less margin for error if they lose tonight.

Question, what if they lose? How bad does it hurt

/

 

I disagree with some of the others. Tonight is HUGE. They need "quality" wins to offset those horrible losses. They will have double digit losses and 19-20 wins. They HAVE to have big wins to have a chance. A record of 11-5 in the SEC this year isn't the same as 11-5 in most other years. They need this one.

I disagree with some of the others. Tonight is HUGE. They need "quality" wins to offset those horrible losses. They will have double digit losses and 19-20 wins. They HAVE to have big wins to have a chance. A record of 11-5 in the SEC this year isn't the same as 11-5 in most other years. They need this one.

 

I agree to a point. They do need quality wins. I feel as if they need to win 3/5 against Vandy, ARK, Ole Miss, UF, and UT. Those five, along with Miss. St., as of right now, are in the Dance. Out of those six, I feel like Vandy and Ole Miss are the most likely NOT to make it (especially Ole Miss). I think the committee would be hard pressed to "leap-frog" Vandy over the Cats if we finish better in conference play. Bottom line, as most are saying, is they simply have to keep winning!!!

I agree to a point. They do need quality wins. I feel as if they need to win 3/5 against Vandy, ARK, Ole Miss, UF, and UT. Those five, along with Miss. St., as of right now, are in the Dance. Out of those six, I feel like Vandy and Ole Miss are the most likely NOT to make it (especially Ole Miss). I think the committee would be hard pressed to "leap-frog" Vandy over the Cats if we finish better in conference play. Bottom line, as most are saying, is they simply have to keep winning!!!

 

WHAT? Vandy sits at 20-4, UK is 12-9.

WHAT? Vandy sits at 20-4, UK is 12-9.

 

Let me re-phrase, I don't think the committee would leave UK out if they finish higher in the SEC East, particularly if we go 12-4. I think 12-4 is the shoe-in point. Granted, I've eaten my share of crow many a times. :cool:

Let me re-phrase, I don't think the committee would leave UK out if they finish higher in the SEC East, particularly if we go 12-4. I think 12-4 is the shoe-in point. Granted, I've eaten my share of crow many a times. :cool:

 

That would still be questionable. Vandy didn't lose to G-Webb and SD. That and 6 or 8 more overall wins--it would very easy for them to leap-frog UK. And I don't know if 12-4 is a shoe-in without a couple of tourney wins.

No 12-4 team in the SEC in conference play has EVER missed the NCAA tournament.

Vandy better be careful too, I could see them on the bubble by the end of the season.

No 12-4 team in the SEC in conference play has EVER missed the NCAA tournament.

 

The SEC has rarely been this bad.

12-4 SEC record with 1 SECT win and I think they're in. Without the SECT win it gets real iffy.

 

They keep climbing the RPI:

73 Cinciy

74 UAB

 

81 Cal

 

85 Charlotte

86 Kentucky

87 NC Asheville

88 Boston College

89 VT

90 Minnesota

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.