February 4, 200818 yr One of if not THE best Super Bowls I have ever seen, just a great defensive football game. I love it. This game was what football is all about.......Hitting people. The Giants "D" rocked Brady all night. To Brady's credit though, he engineered one heck of a drive late to put the Pats ahead. I am not a Giants fan, not a Pats fan but I am thrilled to see the G-Men get this one. If for no other reason was bc of the pure arrogance that the Pats, Brady and Belicheck showed all week. They gave the Giants absolutely NO credit. Does anyone else remember Brady in the one press conference after the Giants reciever predicted a 27-17 (I believe) Giant win? Brady was ask about it and he laughed and especially laughed in saying "they are going to hold us to 17"??. Hey Brady, you were right, you didn't make it to 17 :lol:! Seems to me that I also remember one of the Pats making the statement that the Giants had a "false sense of security" after the 3 point loss to them earlier?. I just love to see arrogance like most of the Pats players showed in this last week be put in it's place. Looks like Tom Brady may have to put that "boot" back on. (and possibly place it in another location...:sssh:) Again.......What a football game and what a final drive that Eli Manning put together and big plays made by his recievers. M. Strahan was awesome on "D" as was all of the Giants. E. Manning deserved the MVP award - it maybe should have gone to the Giants defensive front for their dominance over the Pats line and Tom Brady. I will freely admit that I did not think that the Giants would win this one but.....With the way that practically everyone was picking the Pats, I picked the Giants by 3 last week in one of the threads.I can't remember which one that it was. I honestly don't remember if I picked the Pats originally or not in a thread. I may have but I know that I had stated that I had picked the Giants by 3 just bc of most picking the Pats in polls/contest and pools and the like. I had originally said 27-24 on here last week but in a couple of pools that I entered I had 20-17. I will have to wait and see how all in those pools works out, I may be in th $$$$. :ylsuper: 3 so so quarters and 1 absolutely unbelievably fantastic quarter that made up for the other 3.
February 4, 200818 yr I dont think the Pats really blew the game. The Giants played great. Im sure most people thought for sure that once Brady led the Pats down the field with 2 minutes left that he had Super Bowl ring number 4 locked up. I know I did. Well, until the insane catch by Tyree, I think. Don't forget Eli getting away from 2 or 3 defenders. That could be the greatest play in NFL history.
February 4, 200818 yr Well, at least Artie Lange might live another week or two after this game :thumb:
February 4, 200818 yr Even though they lost, the Patriots are still the greatest team ever. You have got to be kidding me! They are not even close and they showed it tonight.
February 4, 200818 yr Even though they lost, the Patriots are still the greatest team ever. I agree with another post on here, imo no way can a team be considered "Best Ever" and not win the Championship.
February 4, 200818 yr Don't forget Eli getting away from 2 or 3 defenders. That could be the greatest play in NFL history.Another reason he won the MVP.
February 4, 200818 yr You have got to be kidding me! They are not even close and they showed it tonight. I don't know about the "not even close" part. They played one of their worst games of the season (credit to the Giants, of course) and were still almost victorious. I'd put them in the Top Ten of all time.
February 4, 200818 yr 3 so so quarters and 1 absolutely unbelievably fantastic quarter that made up for the other 3. and.............the Pats, Brady and Belicheat got beat!!! Priceless :ylsuper: Looks like Belicheat looked at the wrong tape on this one......
February 4, 200818 yr The Giants found a way to get to Tom Brady all night long. Teams have not been able to do this all year, and they have not been successful against the Patriots, obviously. The Giants did this all game, and got Brady rattled. He got killed out there. That's what teams have to do to beat the Patriots.
February 4, 200818 yr :dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa Oh dear god, not even an entire weekend of Mardi Gras partying in St. Louis can make me tired enough right now. Im jacked up like im on Mt. Dew or something right now. This is by far the most awesome moment for me as a Giant fan considering I was only 6 and not really into football the last time they won it!!!!!! God this is awesome!!!!!!!!!!:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa:dancingpa
February 4, 200818 yr Eli winning the MVP was deserved but I would definately say the same thing if Strahan would have won it (MVP), and possibly be given to the entire Giants defensive front.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.