February 4, 200818 yr If Strahan or Osi, either one don't get the MVP, there is something horribly wrong. I think Justin Tuck deserves some credit with 2 sacks and 9 tackles. Tuck/Osi/Strahan/Robbins/Cofield/Alford/ The entire defense deserves an MVP trophy!
February 4, 200818 yr Author Negative They had one hiccup and that was this game. They found ways to win each game. They did with this one. The Giants just found a better way to win.
February 4, 200818 yr Tyree should have won it. That catch was crazy, and the biggest play of the game. Eli was just as amazing on that play.
February 4, 200818 yr I think Justin Tuck deserves some credit with 2 sacks and 9 tackles. Tuck/Osi/Strahan/Robbins/Cofield/Alford/ The entire defense deserves an MVP trophy! I must have been having a Shakespeare moment and said Puck. That is who I meant. Justin Tuck. He deserved it. IMVHO, Eli won it on ONE PLAY. A play that will be forever in Super Bowl lore. How did he get out of that sack and in the regular season is that whistle not blown for "in the grasp?"
February 4, 200818 yr They had one hiccup and that was this game. They found ways to win each game. They did with this one. The Giants just found a better way to win. I'm sorry, but you have to win a championship to even be considered as best team ever. They couldn't get the job done when it mattered most.
February 4, 200818 yr Author I'm sorry, but you have to win a championship to even be considered as best team ever. They couldn't get the job done when it mattered most. We'll agree to disagree.:thumb:
February 4, 200818 yr One of if not THE best Super Bowls I have ever seen, just a great defensive football game. I love it. This game was what football is all about.......Hitting people. The Giants "D" rocked Brady all night. To Brady's credit though, he engineered one heck of a drive late to put the Pats ahead. I am not a Giants fan, not a Pats fan but I am thrilled to see the G-Men get this one. If for no other reason was bc of the pure arrogance that the Pats, Brady and Belicheck showed all week. They gave the Giants absolutely NO credit. Does anyone else remember Brady in the one press conference after the Giants reciever predicted a 27-17 (I believe) Giant win? Brady was ask about it and he laughed and especially laughed in saying "they are going to hold us to 17"??. Hey Brady, you were right, you didn't make it to 17 :lol:! Seems to me that I also remember one of the Pats making the statement that the Giants had a "false sense of security" after the 3 point loss to them earlier?. I just love to see arrogance like most of the Pats players showed in this last week be put in it's place. Looks like Tom Brady may have to put that "boot" back on. (and possibly place it in another location...:sssh:) Again.......What a football game and what a final drive that Eli Manning put together and big plays made by his recievers. M. Strahan was awesome on "D" as was all of the Giants. E. Manning deserved the MVP award - it maybe should have gone to the Giants defensive front for their dominance over the Pats line and Tom Brady. I will freely admit that I did not think that the Giants would win this one but.....With the way that practically everyone was picking the Pats, I picked the Giants by 3 last week in one of the threads.I can't remember which one that it was. I honestly don't remember if I picked the Pats originally or not in a thread. I may have but I know that I had stated that I had picked the Giants by 3 just bc of most picking the Pats in polls/contest and pools and the like. I had originally said 27-24 on here last week but in a couple of pools that I entered I had 20-17. I will have to wait and see how all in those pools works out, I may be in th $$$$. :ylsuper:
February 4, 200818 yr The ONLY reason I wanted the Pats to win was to shut up Mercury Morris. That said, I'll take the win for the Strahan, the Mannings, and Tiki over that any day....
February 4, 200818 yr The only thing that could top seeing the Giants beat the Pats and end their quest for a perfect season would be seeing the Bengals win the Super Bowl. But as long as Mike Brown is the owner of the Bengals, that will NEVER happen. So by process of elimination, this is the crowning NFL moment for me.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.