Montgomery Co./Mason Co. Predictions

Battle between the #1 and #2 in the region. Could set the tone for postseason play, giving one team confidence and the other, maybe not so much. This game will be played next Saturday at 7:30 at Montgomery County.

If the Montgomery County team that played Dunbar and Lex. Cath to within one point shows up, I'll say Montgomery County by 10... BUT, if the team that lost to Bourbon County shows up, I'll say Montgomery County by 5 in a down-to-the-wire game.

What's everyone else think?

Montgomery Co. also has a makeup date with Henry Clay on Thursday. Montgomery Co. sounds like they still won't be at full strength as Webb may be out longer.

Also the regular season match up in recent years hasn't meant much of anything because Mason Co. has had success each year in the regular season only to lose in the regional tournament.

It's usually always a good show between these two teams however. The 4 best players in the region will be on the floor in Cline, Chambers, Lee and Prewitt. Should be a great show.:ylsuper:

Montgomery Co. also has a makeup date with Henry Clay on Thursday. Montgomery Co. sounds like they still won't be at full strength as Webb may be out longer.

Also the regular season match up in recent years hasn't meant much of anything because Mason Co. has had success each year in the regular season only to lose in the regional tournament.

It's usually always a good show between these two teams however. The 4 best players in the region will be on the floor in Cline, Chambers, Lee and Prewitt. Should be a great show.:ylsuper:

Except for 2 years ago when they beat Mason by 19 in the regular season match-up, but the regional semi-final was a close one.

Except for 2 years ago when they beat Mason by 19 in the regular season match-up, but the regional semi-final was a close one.

2 years ago in this game Montgomery County caught Mason County in a bad time and that is why the margin was 19. It was the first game back for the Lady Royals from the holiday break where they played something like 8 games out of 11 days or something close to that. I agree with the above poster, its generally a classic matchup between these two schools and I expect nothing less come Saturday, but like I mentioned there is plenty of work to do in between. Montgomery has Sacred Heart and Henry Clay and Mason says goodbye to their 3 seniors Thursday in Maysville versus Brossart.

Mason County's lack of defense is their Achilles heel. Highlands had a sophomore that scorched them for 24 points and was guarded by Chambers a significant part of the game. Montgomery County held the same sophomore to 11 or 12. Montgomery County simply plays superior defense. The margin of victory in this game will be between 10-15 points in favor of Montgomery County.

Mason County's lack of defense is their Achilles heel. Highlands had a sophomore that scorched them for 24 points and was guarded by Chambers a significant part of the game. Montgomery County held the same sophomore to 11 or 12. Montgomery County simply plays superior defense. The margin of victory in this game will be between 10-15 points in favor of Montgomery County.

Pretty good bulletin board material right here!!:thumb: