Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dunbar 62 Lex. Catholic 49

Featured Replies

Final

 

Only stat I heard was sophomore Ebony Rowe with 22 rebounds.

 

Coach Sowers has done a tremendous job with this team over the last 3 years.

Wow. Not as close as I would have suspected.

 

Bit closer then the scored indicates. Lex Cath was winning for a majority of the game and had been up on occassion by about 7 or 8 points before Dunbar would bring the lead back down to 1or 2 points. At about 5 minutes to go Dunbar jumped out to the lead and after a basket or two more they won the game at the free throw line the rest of the way holding the ball for long periods of time and forcing Lex Cath to spread out and try to defend or have to foul.

 

Kudos to Dunbar, they won this one tonight by consistently playing hard and attacking the Lady Knights. The Lady Knights looked very lethargic tonight and never seemed to really wake up in this one making a lot of unforced errors and mental mistakes. Having seen the Lady Knights play a lot this year I was very surprised by how poorly they played in this one considering Dunbar had already beaten them once this year. This isn't to say Dunbar is not good, they are very good and had a huge hand in making the Lady Knights look bad, however Lex Cath seemed to never get any fire in this game or work their offense.

 

As for the refs, I only have two observations tonight. It was pretty bad both ways meaning no one team really got all the big calls or anything, and I cannot understand why high school girl's basketball doesn't use three refs. Two refs are to some degree at a disadvantage I feel in these games. As they are forced into some bad calls because they have a poor vantage or they miss calls because they aren't able to see the whole court at one time.

It's up to the home school in our region if you have two or three refs. We always use three because that is the norm during post-season action.

Final

 

Only stat I heard was sophomore Ebony Rowe with 22 rebounds.

 

Coach Sowers has done a tremendous job with this team over the last 3 years.

Wow!!! And a sophomore at that!

How tall is this girl, and is she getting any looks from colleges (namely UK, they never seem to recruit their own backyard very well)?

It's up to the home school in our region if you have two or three refs. We always use three because that is the norm during post-season action.

 

If that's the case, you KNOW most schools are going to choose to use 2 officials, especially in Fayette Co. As I've said before about schools....."it's all about the Benjamin's baby."

If that's the case, you KNOW most schools are going to choose to use 2 officials, especially in Fayette Co. As I've said before about schools....."it's all about the Benjamin's baby."

It's definitely cheaper on the ol' budget.:lol:

But doesn't that make for an unlevel playing field? JK

Another good win for the Lady Dawgs and Coach Sowers.

Another good win for the Lady Dawgs and Coach Sowers.

 

This team is for real. I stated about two weeks ago that I'd have a better gauge of just how good they were after the past two weeks with games against LCA and Lex Cath. With wins against both teams I feel that Dunbar is currently the best in the State. Which of course makes it a bit surprising they aren't getting more talk about them yet. They have LCA again in a week and if they can win that then they will have swept LCA and Lex Cath which to me is a pretty big feat.

 

As for the ref issue, I was pretty sure it was up to the school about how many refs work a game but the past two games I have seen where two refs worked, I thought the officiating was very poor. That isn't to say it benefited any one team, I just feel it makes it harder on the refs to call a good game when they are covering more of the court then normal.

I saw Dunbar play a couple of weeks ago and they are for real. They have beaten Lexington Catholic twice this year, something that hasn't been done in the regular season in a while. Dunbar can play defense and we all know that defense wins games.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.